Guild Issue - Fellow Officer Problems

Degs29
361 posts Member
edited December 2017
I have a problem in need of a solution.
I'm in a guild with two officers, one being myself, and the other hates me. At first this was surprising, but I think I've come to understand why he feels that way. I think he believes I take too much of an active role in the guild.
You see, I took the initiative to start tracking the ticket counts of guild members, and for that the leader promoted me to officer, despite the fact that I had only been with the guild a few months. This other officer was raised at the same time purely for the fact he donates a lot, and has been with the guild for a year (I think). He doesn't do much in terms of guild coordination, he's simply a good member.
On the flip side, I tried my best to enforce our leader's rules, coordinated raids and territory battles, and everything else a good officer should do. Over time this other officer has become very vindictive towards me, being completely hypocritical, and basically becoming a general pain to co-exist with. He also tries repeatedly to turn other members and the leader against me. So far, other members just ignore him.
I've tried joking around when he says something ignorant. I've tried confronting him, at which point other members chimed in to try to smooth things over. And for the last month or so I've completely ignored him when he says stupid things. But at this point I think he's just going to keep carrying on. The guild leader abhors drama, and so seems unwilling to get involved, not that I've asked him to (I abhor drama too).
Has anyone been in a similar situation? Did you have to leave your guild or was it resolved some other way? I don't want to leave my guild because it has some really great members. But I play this game for the fun, challenge and camaraderie, not to have some **** ride my backside.
Post edited by Degs29 on

Replies

• Never dealt with this myself but it seems that he's being the hindrance and not you so if someone should leave it should be him if that's not the solution you hope for there is always finding a new guild or just continuing trying to find a way to co-exist
  • Leave and enjoy the game by taking a less hands on role as a member of a good guild. Otherwise, people will eventually take sides and you'll blow your current guild up.
  • Ignore him. Fighting with him only brings you down to his level. Just ignore him.
  • You need to have your leader and officers help you settle your differences in an officers meeting. If it can't be solved and you're an active player you'll find a better guild. They will miss a god active player. Good luck hope you get it resolved.
  • Don't let people online anywhere effect how you feel in the real world.Laugh it off and toughen up my friend.If you need to fight fire with fire it sounds like your the key member not the other dude.
  • I appreciate the feedback fellas!