NOTICE: Territory War and Battle Overlap [MEGA]

Prev134
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited December 2017
Hiya Holotable Heroes,

We've received reports that confirm there is a schedule overlap between Territory Battles and Territory Wars.We'll be pushing a Hotfix that should address the following:
  • Delay the start of Territory Wars by 1 hour
  • This should affect this current Territory War as well as the upcoming War on the Event Calendar
  • This should not affect any players who have already opted into the current Territory War

This will require a client restart of your device, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We should have this Hotfix pushed by today. We hope this notice allows our Holotable Heroes to plan accordingly.

We will be revisiting the TB and TW schedule based on sentiment around the frequency. The schedule is remaining as is throughout the holidays so players can maximize their rewards, however expect more info in the new year as we determine the best balance.
Post edited by TyloRen on

Replies

• Can someone please help with this

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_Dan @CG_Conduit23 @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera

Territory wars player lock happens at same time at TB ends. My guild as well as others will be losing a player after this TB but we cant replace him before TW. so we will be at 49/50 but then wer cant bring someone cause they will want to be in TW. This is very impactful to guilds. We were also told there would be time in between events..... Can someone please look into and change prior to this TW?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Just don’t lock in till you fill that spot. Don’t think you need to launch TW immediately.
  • @Sewpot relook at screen right now is preview period the player lock is before TB ends...
  • This is a significant problem. We are losing two right after TB. Locking the GP is unfair to both the losing and gaining guild, and leaves no time to replace the players.
  • Lol, this is pitiful.
  • goor001
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Given the amount of effort and time involved in both TB's it would make more sense to NOT have TW start before the DS TB is complete. There has to be a better solution than what we currently have available.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe this is only a 1 time issue and on other ones we will have 24 hours after the end of TB to move around if needed.
  • You would only lose, not gain. Anyone that isn't in when it is locked can't get in.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I believe this is only a 1 time issue and on other ones we will have 24 hours after the end of TB to move around if needed.

Yeah, a one-time screw up is *way* better than a continual screw up.

I hope this is the case because these “events” are time consuming and the guilds are feeling it. It just seems as if there’s a lack of foresight. Even if it’s just one time why do it this way at all?
  • What’s the issue? Your opponent will have the same situation, should cancel each other out.
  • Let me guess, another 'unexpected' or 'unintended' mistake. Do you even care about the players or do you truly just care how much money we spend? @EA @CG
  • This really sucks means anyone who wants to move guilds either has to miss rewards from territory battle or miss rewards from territory war so unfair.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Any guildies leaving after TB should refrain from clicking then"join" button in TW. That way even if you are stuck at 48 or 49/50, you will be matched against a guild with similar GP. Even if the other guild is 50/50, you have a chance at still overcoming this obstacle.
  • @Witzkers that isn't necessarily true. All guilds will be impacted differently

@Klocko @Witzkers It can impact guilds greatly. One of my friends guilds is at 120mil GP just above he has 2 people quitting and has their backfill but nothing you can do so he will lock under 120 which is now a diff prize/reward tier
  • Also, don't forget about everyone who remodded for this broken DS TB will now have to remod for this. Remodding is a nightmare.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Also, don't forget about everyone who remodded for this broken DS TB will now have to remod for this. Remodding is a nightmare.

WAI - they want you to farm/buy more mods, not simply move around your best ones.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • FrigidOfDoom
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    So this is really bothering me. Last I checked there were 2 hours left in DS (Dark side) TB (Territory Battles) phase 5. Phase 6 should, like all other phases, take 24 hours so that totals to 26 hours until DS TB ends. However, at the same time TW (Territory Wars) said it starts in 1D 1H. Assuming 1D means 24 hours that means we have 25 hours until TW starts. So if we have 25hours until TW starts and 26 hours until TB ends that means they will overlap for one hour. (Correction, TW actually starts a whopping 30 seconds after TB ends.) Meaning that until after TW no guilds can move members without screwing them out of rewards.

I do realize that for all subsequent TW there is supposed to be a 24hour wait before it starts but still, TB lasts 6 days, that's 144 hours! And then you get a 24 hour break and then the next 2 days or 48 hours is TW, then I'm assuming we get a 24hour break before TB comes again. See what I'm getting at here? Guilds will only have a 24 hour window twice every week to move members, which is outright ridiculous.

Now I understand why you can't switch out members during a TW, but why not during a TB? It's not like you can abuse the system to get more rewards, all TBs end at the same time. This way if someone wants to move to another guild during a TB they can just do so and the guild leaders can find someone else to fill in their spot. Sure it does mean that someone without a guild could always just find a guild to join right before TB ends so they get rewards, but any of the guilds getting a decent amount of stars will be invite only or already full. You'd still miss out on any of the special mission rewards that happened in a previous phase.

You could also lock the person from doing anything in TB for the phase they joined in so that you don't abuse it to get more than 50 people's contributions.
    Post edited by FrigidOfDoom on
  • This is creating such a hardship for guilds, trying to learn how to navigate the dark side TB and then being thrown immediately into TW, before TB even ends!. Then there's no ability to successfully move players. Please rethink starting this TW now
  • Fluffy wrote: »
    @Witzkers that isn't necessarily true. All guilds will be impacted differently

@Klocko @Witzkers It can impact guilds greatly. One of my friends guilds is at 120mil GP just above he has 2 people quitting and has their backfill but nothing you can do so he will lock under 120 which is now a diff prize/reward tier

Yes, the effect could be different, but the rules governing the situation are the same. You can look at it as a penalty for guilds who lose members, or a reward for guilds and players who maintain stability. Also, we don’t even know how the matchmaking is going to work yet.
  • It shouldnt affect you that bad, you will still be matched up fairly
  • Less concerned about matchmaking and more about having 50/50 and our daily guild. Luckily we are 130mil GP but we have a long time friend leaving the game. We have another friend replacing. But there is no time to do that
  • @fluffy Yeah the timing the devs gave us is pretty bad, but you should be good all things considered.
    Just make sure that the player who is leaving doesn't join TW. It matches by GP, not # of guild members. The person getting the shaft the most will be the player joining you, who will have to miss out on this TW.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • We are having the same issue in the Førsaken Ønes. We will be 47/50 and need to force 3 people to give up DS TB rewards or just suffer this TW at 47/50.
  • Azryel wrote: »
    We are having the same issue in the Førsaken Ønes. We will be 47/50 and need to force 3 people to give up DS TB rewards or just suffer this TW at 47/50.

Suffer TW 47/50. Remember, it matches by Guild GP, not number of members.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • It shouldn’t be an issue when TW starts as long as it doesn’t interfere with other game events. Having the overlap that restricts guild membership turnover does not ensure SWGOH gives the best experience, which is what EA wants correct? So push it back 1 day. Give you team time to process the dark side TB issues while not having to deal with TW ones (which I expect will happen since it is a new game mode).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Jameson wrote: »
    It shouldn’t be an issue when TW starts as long as it doesn’t interfere with other game events. Having the overlap that restricts guild membership turnover does not ensure SWGOH gives the best experience, which is what EA wants correct? So push it back 1 day. Give you team time to process the dark side TB issues while not having to deal with TW ones (which I expect will happen since it is a new game mode).

+1 - and here's a thought - use the extra day to make sure it's bug free. I know...cray-cray.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Accepting it as a 1 time issue isn’t good enough IMO. It’s easily fixable. Announce a TW delay right now by even just a few hours. As is you are forcing a small group of people to either a) miss TB rewards b) miss TW altogether or c) stick in a guild they don’t want to be in. This doesn’t impact me, but I would be ticked if I was someone it did.

• Fluffy wrote: »
    Can someone please help with this

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_Dan @CG_Conduit23 @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera

Territory wars player lock happens at same time at TB ends. My guild as well as others will be losing a player after this TB but we cant replace him before TW. so we will be at 49/50 but then wer cant bring someone cause they will want to be in TW. This is very impactful to guilds. We were also told there would be time in between events..... Can someone please look into and change prior to this TW?

THIS! ABSOLUTELY! +1!
  • B0untryHR7
    663 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This is one of these things that needs to be adressed right now, not in a month, not in a year but NOW. I'm talking of course about the issue with the timing regarding transitioning from TB to TW.

Someone brought up the issue of removing players from a guild right after TB and not having time to replace a player for TW. This results in putting the guild at a disadvantage for the war.

Unfortunately everyone in the comments, including the original poster seemed to be worried for the guilds but not many people were worried about the individual player!

I'm not selfish but honestly this is scaring me so much as if I were removed right after TB we won't have enough time to look for a guild for TW. Given that both of these events are incredibly important for rewards, especially TB which rewards the incredibly useful and hard to aquire zetas!

I don't know if I could psychologically deal with the mental part of losing zetas. It's incredibly difficult for competitive players like me to deal with the psychological impact of missing rewards that everyone else got, including zetas...

My proposition is to allow players to participate to events like TB even after they have joined a new guild while TB is undergoing, as it is impossible to be exploited for rewards. When it comes to TW the rewards are even more crucial as zetas are so hard to get and so important. We need to ensure that a player never misses these kinds of rewards cause the disappointment and frustration might be too overwhelming to deal with!