The joy of hitting auto.

Since platoons have been made impossible, and EA has stated their intent that they will always stack them with new paywalled toons I see no need to try too hard on later phases of TB. I had just gotten to the point of being able to scratch out a 114. But that's a thing of the past.

So today I did my special mission carefully. Then hit auto on all my CMs. Still got 5/6 on all three. There are plenty of whales in our guild, but we won't have any shot at filling platoons again with the current system. So I'm phoning it in for my own mental health. It's a shame. I loved/defended TB as my favorite game mode. Thanks for ruining that EA/CG.

Replies

• Options
    Well said and totally agree. It's pointless to try and even farm toons for TB platoons as there will ALWAYS be a ton of new ones behind a paywall.
  • Options
    I remember earlier tbs. one of my guild mates was on tour with his band so he said in chat “ Phx is Great, you can auto and get like 5/6.”
    I thought our Tb Officer was going to kitten himself.
    But now I see this as slowly becoming the norm. Why waste time with it.
  • Options
    I completely agree. Platoons are a chore and especially because they are so vital to gameplay. It would be one thing if paywalled toons were only in platoons 5 and 6 but they are showing up in all platoons after phase 3. Guilds cannot keep up with this demand.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Since platoons have been made impossible, and EA has stated their intent that they will always stack them with new paywalled toons I see no need to try too hard on later phases of TB. I had just gotten to the point of being able to scratch out a 114. But that's a thing of the past.

So today I did my special mission carefully. Then hit auto on all my CMs. Still got 5/6 on all three. There are plenty of whales in our guild, but we won't have any shot at filling platoons again with the current system. So I'm phoning it in for my own mental health. It's a shame. I loved/defended TB as my favorite game mode. Thanks for ruining that EA/CG.

Considering a 114/114 requires you to be available immediately upon phase changes anymore, since you can easily get locked out of doing battles in multiple phases, there really isn't a point.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Considering a 114/114 requires you to be available immediately upon phase changes anymore, since you can easily get locked out of doing battles in multiple phases, there really isn't a point.

To put it another way, I could get 6/6 on all the CMs in the last vertical slice (or whatever it's called). The 114 is less relevant than the fact that myself, and many other guildmates worked to be able to get 6/6s on the last phase where it counts, and EA/CG moved the goalposts on us, and now it will be a constant expense of thousands of dollars every time new toons are added to just maintain what we had already earned. So yeah. No point in trying in platoons anymore is our conclusion. We get what we get until eventually GP allows us to overwhelm it. No more actually playing it. All the fun was **** out when our progress was erased by the new platoon policy.
  • Options
    Lucky you! I barely got a battle in the first 3 or 4 slices because it was 3* by the time I could play.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).