FTP players...

Prev1
I dont know how you guys do it...just looking over my roster and i need 25 full stun guns at the moment. A shard mate needs 90. Lol that is absurd. If you are farming them that would take 1+ years. I dont know how you can stand to wait that long to enjoy this game fully.

While i hardly spend money anymore (mostly due to getting tired of the same shaningans), i cant imagine how far back i would be in this game if i didnt throw down some money.

I just dont know how any FTP player does it.

Replies

• ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The funny answers I keep seeing in response to your post is
    get a good guild with Rancor on farm.
    Be number 1 in fleet and arena and you get the crystals in a day to get what you need from Crystal store.
    I’ve spent no money on this game but bought crystals a few times.
    You just started, oh well, wait 2 years then you can post here about it
    You must be daft not to have those on farm
    Just use ZCLS to farm Rancor - said to a new 85 who was not 85 for the CLS event
  • Options
    Yeah guns are definitely the worst right now (since they didn't get added to guild store with cuffs), but it's all about prioritizing. I bought some from shipments (with freebie crystals) to get my essential, arena, legendary toons to g12. Now I just slowly grind them out. I doubt I'll ever get all of them, but that isn't really the goal. It's a collectors game, if there was nothing left to collect that'd be no fun.
  • Options
    How To "Power-Game" as a F2P in SWGOH

1. Throw away your first account after playing 2-4 weeks and learning the game mechanics.
    2. Start fresh, ideally after having restarted a few times to get an optimal first free chromium toon and after having hoarded some energy & challenge reward items.
    3. Through careful choice of toons farmed, be capable of taking top 50 squad arena payout daily. By mid/late game, this should improve to taking top 20 squad arena payout daily. By endgame, this improves to being able to take top 1-2 payout daily. Ditto for fleet.
    4. With a daily gem income of 800+, consolidate the power of your squad and fleet arena toons; then expand to gear up Rancor and hAAT squads (to take top guild payouts in those events).
    5. Rapidly power up other toons on demand, and enjoy the rest of the game.

I did a **** job at all of the above, but eventually got to top payouts after 10 months of play. (After which, I could buy a full stun gun every 2 days.) Friends and guildmates that optimized their start, were already getting top payouts at the 6 month mark; they're now well over 2M GP.

That's how it can be done.
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I dont know how you guys do it...just looking over my roster and i need 25 full stun guns at the moment. A shard mate needs 90. Lol that is absurd. If you are farming them that would take 1+ years. I dont know how you can stand to wait that long to enjoy this game fully.

While i hardly spend money anymore (mostly due to getting tired of the same shaningans), i cant imagine how far back i would be in this game if i didnt throw down some money.

One year is 182 Rancor raids, where you always have the chance to get a full craft. Salvages come from this source as well.
    Additionally there are several other events that can or will, depending on which event it is, grant you more salvages.

Don't worry, carbanti are the real pita
  • Options
    winning is not the only fun thing tbh

Im not gonna spend on this game as its just not as good as other mobile games I play. But I play so I can collect all characters. just as long as I can unlock everything Im not bothered with "winning" since freemium games are essentially pay to win
  • Options
    Apotheosis wrote: »

1. Throw away your first account after playing 2-4 weeks and learning the game mechanics.
    2. Start fresh, ideally after having restarted a few times to get an optimal first free chromium toon and after having hoarded some energy & challenge reward items.
    3. Through careful choice of toons farmed, be capable of taking top 50 squad arena payout daily. By mid/late game, this should improve to taking top 20 squad arena payout daily. By endgame, this improves to being able to take top 1-2 payout daily. Ditto for fleet.
    4. With a daily gem income of 800+, consolidate the power of your squad and fleet arena toons; then expand to gear up Rancor and hAAT squads (to take top guild payouts in those events).

I did a **** job at all of the above, but eventually got to top payouts after 10 months of play. (After which, I could buy a full stun gun every 2 days.) Friends and guildmates that optimized their start, were already getting top payouts at the 6 month mark; they're now well over 2M GP.

Perhaps, but those guys must have had really optimal conditions. I had top payout for 2 weeks and was quicly overrun by ptp players. Plus, this scenario probably doesn't represent the majority.
  • Options
    theHejiN wrote: »

One year is 182 Rancor raids, where you always have the chance to get a full craft. Salvages come from this source as well.
    Additionally there are several other events that can or will, depending on which event it is, grant you more salvages.

While i agree crb are a pita, carbs are at least everywhere now plus in challenges. Guns (And cuffs) are practically no where.
  • Options
    Fairly easy - hit the high arena spots because buying things like Guns is far easier than waiting for them to drop from a raid.

Also stop looking at your entire roster, look at the heroes you currently need and gear them.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

What do you need 25 full stun guns right now for? You can only use 5 heroes at a time.

I just prioritize a top 5 character to-do list and just leave it at that so its extremely manageable. And I never move a character past G8 unless I plan on using them for Arena or some kind of event(s), and always have at least 5+ full difficult gear that I will just sit on in reserve for emergency fast tracking.

I will say with the shard shop and regular guild store making stun guns and various gear more available, I'm no shortage of neither gear pieces really besides MK3 Carbantis and MK Holos, and those are far from rare.

Good luck.
  • Options
    FTP is possible, (do you remember time travel is also possible?l) but spending money always helps
  • Options
    I thought this thread was about F2P showing off their 7* vets
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    its not that hard to enjoy the game without spending, you just have to lower your expectations a bit.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Just counted my missing stun guns:24
    14 month in the game 1.7m gp
    24 Sounds a lot, but I have 2 in reserve for panik farms.
    Out of the 24 toons, I will choose 3-4 toons this month to gear up.
    I am reaching slowly the point, when I can control which toon to gear and not running behind some short living meta.
    Have a goal, set milestones to reach the goal. Enjoy the game. ;-)
  • Options
    The funny answers I keep seeing in response to your post is
    get a good guild with Rancor on farm.
    Be number 1 in fleet and arena and you get the crystals in a day to get what you need from Crystal store.
    I’ve spent no money on this game but bought crystals a few times.
    You just started, oh well, wait 2 years then you can post here about it
    You must be daft not to have those on farm
    Just use ZCLS to farm Rancor - said to a new 85 who was not 85 for the CLS event

Also there is no such thing as farming rancor. Especially with the ties pushing soloers out of top 10, even top 20 some times
  • Options

Sounds like alot to me. Not to mention that the 800 crystal payout that you said makes no sense
  • Options

I have had over 6 rancors in a row where i get nothing but nubians. Last time I got a gun, cuff or droid callers was over a 3 weeks ago
  • Options

Also nobody gets 182 rancors a year, that depends not only on you but another 49 people
  • Options

Perhaps, but those guys must have had really optimal conditions. I had top payout for 2 weeks and was quicly overrun by ptp players. Plus, this scenario probably doesn't represent the majority.

This scenario represents a tiny amount of players. A shard starts with 20000 people. Assuming 10% keep playing and 90% quit. That's 2000 people. To get a decent payout of 150 crystals a day you need to finish top 50. Therefore do the math 50/2000 is 2.5%! That makes top 100 only a 5% and top 200 only a 10%.

Of course anything over 200 rank is not worth playing in my opinion. I would argue that anything over 100 rank is not worth for me personally.

In addition the possibility that in a 2000 people sample you have at least 2.5% who can afford to pay a decent amount of money is too high. Therefore you are competing against p2p for those top 50 spots!

I remember I started a new account about 8 months ago. I spend 5 dollars in crystals to start it out. Played for 2 weeks. I started with a great initial rank, made it to the top 20 but that lasted a couple of days. Soon the shard was filled with 7 star wiggs, 7 star landos, 7 star nihilus, 7 star Chazes. I was pushed to the high 50s. A few days later I was barely hanging in the high 70s. Eventually I had a hard time staying in the top 100s. Until I decided to quit.

As a f2p you will most certainly be pushed to the mid 100s after a couple weeks since high and mid to low spenders will push you out. You need a few months to farm a decent team and start making a comeback by focusing on a solid 5 amn squad at which point you can probably hold a top 100 spot. After playing for over a year you can certaily push for a borderline top 50 rank.

• Options
    Winstar wrote: »

What do you need 25 full stun guns right now for? You can only use 5 heroes at a time.

I just prioritize a top 5 character to-do list and just leave it at that so its extremely manageable. And I never move a character past G8 unless I plan on using them for Arena or some kind of event(s), and always have at least 5+ full difficult gear that I will just sit on in reserve for emergency fast tracking.

I will say with the shard shop and regular guild store making stun guns and various gear more available, I'm no shortage of neither gear pieces really besides MK3 Carbantis and MK Holos, and those are far from rare.

Good luck.

"You only need 5 heroes at the time"? Seriouly?

Hold on a second is there a way to remove gear and move it around? Also ever thought of Territory wars?

Ever thought of characters who need multiple guns? Like han solo who needs 5 of them. Please don't justify everything
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    its not that hard to enjoy the game without spending, you just have to lower your expectations a bit.

*a lot
  • Options
    Just gotta be patient and work on different toons.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    do you remember time travel is also possible?

I must have missed the memo. What makes you believe it is possible?
  • Options

So you're enjoying the game more than me because you need less stun guns?
  • Options
    Simples, I just level toons I want to use. I don't see the need having a G10+ toon that I use sparingly. If you want to spend then spend, but this game is very viable (even if frustrating) f2p. Some people simply can't afford it, especially when the cost to fully develop a toon could net you an unlocked flagship phone. That is just not financially sensible for the majority, as much as it would be nice to have a few more stun guns.
  • Options
    Like Winstar mentioned. Get all your characters to gear 8 for events. You only need your arena team higher. Gear 8 is when ya start to need raid gear and stun guns and stun cuffs.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I spent the first 6 months just farming whatever without much thought.

I hover around 100 in arena now (usually snipe into 100 right on payout) and 200 in fleet. I get between 200-250 crystals a day.

FTP is possible, but it's definitely a grind and finding ways to enjoy it without always being first is pretty important.
  • Options
    Have you guys considered it's a game made to play on the long run.
    What do you want, fully maxed characters after two weeks of play so that the game is no longer fun after a month ? I've been running this game daily for a year now and it's a pretty awesome pace because I still feel like there's a huge room for improvement after a year+ of play.
    Besides, they have done a lot to get rid of the gear crunch lately, you should have seen earlier.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Time.
  • Options

It just takes patience. Stun guns are not only farmed from nodes but are in shipments, shard shop, guild shipments and guild events shipments I believe. F2P can save up crystals daily instead of using them on energy refreshes or just by reducing the number of daily energy refreshes so you can drop some on the shipment purchases. Can spend guild event currency on gear instead of wampa/yoda shards. Prioritize, Focus and Patience are the keys.