Anyone worth getting from arena shipments after sid?

Title says it all :) cheers

Replies

• IG-88
  • Is he good? Thanks for the reply
  • Destroyer
    33 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Build your droid and geo team. Hk 47 and IG 88 from arena, IG 86 and Poggle from GW and GS from cantina. Assign Poggle as Leader. Do not spend those purple buttons on anyone else before they all maxed out in terms of level, star and abilities.

After maxed them out for arena, prioritize maxed out your healers for GW.

Hope it helps.

PS.
    I even neglected Sid totally, and just farming him now after my droid-geo team is ready.

• My current squad is 7* Sid 5* geo and qui gon and daka 4* lumi. Will that squad be better than that?
  • Now I am farming HK47, but as an F2P player a droid team would be a really far dream :) But I try to do that with small steps.
  • Szecsa wrote: »
    Now I am farming HK47, but as an F2P player a droid team would be a really far dream :) But I try to do that with small steps.
    Actually as F2P, a droid team is one of the few compositions that you can definitely compete with. All the members are pretty easy farms.
  • Leaner619 wrote: »
    My current squad is 7* Sid 5* geo and qui gon and daka 4* lumi. Will that squad be better than that?

Imho, yes.

You will get great synergy between droid and geo with poggle as the leader. Poggle leadership will give everyone on that team more 25% more damage while his special will make the droids run faster and provide more fire power to everyone for the first 3 turns.

The fight usually go like this:
    If their attacker is faster than my GS, their first attack usually will not kill anyone in my team, just hurt a little. But my GS have 80% chance to clean their best attacker with his assist attack (20% if GS is assisted by HK, that's why i will replace him soon with Yoda once i maxed him out).

After I clean one slot, usually their poe will make a taunt and their second attacker take its move. This time they might clean one of my slot too. My poggle will use his special followed by IG 88 with AOE (strange enough, IG 88 will heal himself after this attack) and IG 86 will surely clean their Poe with assist attack.

With two of their slot cleaned, it is easy for me to clean the rest, because i still have at least 4 slots.
    Szecsa wrote: »
    Now I am farming HK47, but as an F2P player a droid team would be a really far dream :) But I try to do that with small steps.

Small steps towards the right path is far better than big steps towards the wrong path :)
    Being effective is more important than being efficient.

I hope my advice is the right path because i am doing it and enjoying the result.

The only problem with this team is when controlled by AI. I need to find solution for it.

• @Leaner619 careful on following the above advice. The meta is shifting from Poe and droids to fast Jedi and Poe teams.

IG-88 is one of the best high damage aoe Heros in the game. He is also not limited to an all droid team and could work with sidious, Poe, poggle. Although with out protection from a taunt he is vulnerable (low Heath) and since your farming Daka and perhaps QGJ. That is a bit off. You could save your arena tokens for bit and see if they add anyone soon.

That being said there are some decent Heros there like Han, oppress, ventriss, greedo. But most of these require specialized teams to make them work in arena and would be added for roster debth. Han is the only one that would instantly start on your team. He can be annoying to deal with specially when paired with daka. Although most would say Poe is a better taunter. I've faced some tough Han teams tho and he can be difficult to deal with. Hope this is enough information to make a decision.
  • Llewella wrote: »
    @Leaner619 careful on following the above advice. The meta is shifting from Poe and droids to fast Jedi and Poe teams.

@Llwella,

I am not suggesting using Poe at all. I am suggesting Poggle(L), GS, 88, 86 and 47 or Yoda. If i need to use a taunter than Han is my choice. But we need to ensure our 5 slots are synergized better than other players
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I fsrmed hk and 88, have 4* Han, Assajj, Sid, Greedo, want to 7* all of them plus Savage and Ackbar. Hsving options is great
  • Cheers for the advice all. Some awkward decisions to make now haha I hear lots about poggle may go with him and I've started farming 88
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    I fsrmed hk and 88, have 4* Han, Assajj, Sid, Greedo, want to 7* all of them plus Savage and Ackbar. Hsving options is great

Haven't really see anyone use those in my server. What is your rank?