Darkside - Villain's Journey

Prev1
Will the darkside enthusiasts get something like this?
This is no feedback, actual discussion. Do you think we will? Would you like to see such a darkside event, too?

I fully understand, that it is a lot harder, as we do not follow the actual darkside storyline, training etc. in the movies. (I dunno we might get glimpses of Kylo's?)
But with the second lightside Heroes Event, I feel a little bit left out... (not to mentioned, we want balance of the Force ;-) )

Replies

• We followed a lot of vaders journey..
  • It would be good to have one but I don't know who you would use for it. The only one I could possibly see is Vader before his iconic suit. I'm guessing you would want just turned Vader rather than burning, stumpy limbed Vader. They could introduce Padme as a legendary toon that would be required, as would GK. Also could need QGJ, r2, Dooku, GG, and Sidious. It would make it interesting needing ls and ds.
  • What would one of the tiers be? Killing younglings?! :)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I would have liked to have seen the evolution of Anakin to Vader in a DS Heor's Journey - but we already have Anakin and Vader in-game.

Perhaps we may get a young (newly anointed) Darth Vader. (Cloak, sith eyes and red saber Anakin - I know the red saber is not exactly cannon, but it would look cool. Plus GK's saber is the wrong colour blue anyways).
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    What would one of the tiers be? Killing younglings?! :)

Why not? - we already have an event of Empire and Droids murdering cute fuzzy little Ewoks.
  • My guess is Snoke will be the first DS journey, assuming we get enough of his back story.
    I'd like a revamped Rogue One Vader, but its probably not going to happen.
  • sorry but don't expect much about Snoke
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Maybe they could introduce a battle-worn Vader, with a slightly broken helmet and some exposed metal from his cyberlimbs. I think there is something canon in the comics about Vader with a battered look?

At least there is a cracked helmet in SW:Rebels, after he beat the crap out of Fulcrum Ahsoka.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    My guess is Snoke will be the first DS journey, assuming we get enough of his back story.
    I'd like a revamped Rogue One Vader, but its probably not going to happen.

We haven't seen the transition of snokes character to have a journey event - more likely will be a legendary one for snoke.

As for R1 vader - difficult to make his appearance any different from what is in-game currently - don't think it will happen.
  • Kylo and Anakin would’ve made the most sense. They are/we’re the two of some of the main characters from the franchise. But unfortunately I think it’s too late now.. Extremely disappointing. I also think it was wayyy to early for Rey’s journey. Should’ve waited till after the trilogy. I mean (I doubt it) but what if she ended up the villain of TLJ and ended up dying at the hands of Kylo who is the true hero? Again probably not the case but it should’ve waited till after the trilogy to find out the true arc of the characters. Another thing I hate is how they release characters before the movie comes out? When you don’t even know what they are capable of yet..
  • DarthApok wrote: »
    Kylo and Anakin would’ve made the most sense. They are/we’re the two of some of the main characters from the franchise. But unfortunately I think it’s too late now.. Extremely disappointing. I also think it was wayyy to early for Rey’s journey. Should’ve waited till after the trilogy. I mean (I doubt it) but what if she ended up the villain of TLJ and ended up dying at the hands of Kylo who is the true hero? Again probably not the case but it should’ve waited till after the trilogy to find out the true arc of the characters. Another thing I hate is how they release characters before the movie comes out? When you don’t even know what they are capable of yet..

If something like this happens, then part of Rey's next journey could be your DS Villains journey....
  • Two approaches to Anakin.... the first is Anakin with his clones a la Clone Wars series so Anakin, Rex, Echo, Fives and Cody. The second is a mix of the movies with that series - Anakin, Asoka Tano, R2, Kenobi and Pho. Would tie in perfectly with a separatist rework.
  • I think this could be cool but I would rather see it with someone besides Vader.

It’s hard though since there’s so little canon on DS to actually use outside of Vader, there’s plenty from legends and The Old Rebuplic story line though that could be really fun and make DS great again
  • Boo wrote: »

Why not? - we already have an event of Empire and Droids murdering cute fuzzy little Ewoks.
    Boo wrote: »

Plus the whole endor extinction event theory, the rebels killed ALL the ewoks
  • They could do a Villains Journey for Maul.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Would love a Kylo Ren journey
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    jp189512 wrote: »

I want to believe Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren wiped them out getting Darth Vader's helmet.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member

What? what theory is that? Never heard that one before - do tell.
  • LordDirt wrote: »

I want to believe Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren wiped them out getting Darth Vader's helmet.

Having seen Kylo Ren's fighting skills, it is more likely that the ewoks chased him back off the planet
  • I'd like to see Jango Fett's journey.

Start with General Kenobi and JKA hunting him down and end up on Geonosis where he looses his head (requires Mace and two other jedi). Could mean jedi rework (needed) a new bounty hunter (far more options needed) and could end with you using Mace taking his head off.

Dark side needs love and I'm sure we'll get it soon :smile:
  • Massov wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

Having seen Kylo Ren's fighting skills, it is more likely that the ewoks chased him back off the planet

He was wounded and he didn't even want to kill Rey, just train her. It is a Dark Side weakness, they always want others to join them.

• I think Maul’s journey would be amazing. Requiring nightsisters, savage etc
  • NRAJ in dev interviews recently said SW is a story all about rebels and a rebellion...I wouldn't hold my breath for something on the DS to happen.
  • NRAJ in dev interviews recently said SW is a story all about rebels and a rebellion...I wouldn't hold my breath for something on the DS to happen.

I think Lucas would disagree with NRAJ's sophomoric explanation of the theme and mood of Star Wars. He should get back to running the cash register for EA instead of commenting about stuff he is sorely mistaken about.

The prequels have no rebels and no rebellion. The novels again are not all about rebels and a rebellion. Star Wars the Old Republic is not about rebels and a rebellion. Now, do I believe that EA thinks that the IP is all about Rebels and their rebellion?

Yes I do. The best characters are all Rebels. It would be nice if someone who knew more about the Star Wars universe had influence with SWGoH.
  • Only villains journey they could really have is revan. Except for the one small problem that prevents this. No bastilla, Carth, mission, etc
  • YEEEESSS PLEASE...but with cls level please not rey, like don't give us a zeta DS that puts up DOT's 50% less then zader
  • DarthApok wrote: »
    Kylo and Anakin would’ve made the most sense. They are/we’re the two of some of the main characters from the franchise. But unfortunately I think it’s too late now.. Extremely disappointing. I also think it was wayyy to early for Rey’s journey. Should’ve waited till after the trilogy. I mean (I doubt it) but what if she ended up the villain of TLJ and ended up dying at the hands of Kylo who is the true hero? Again probably not the case but it should’ve waited till after the trilogy to find out the true arc of the characters. Another thing I hate is how they release characters before the movie comes out? When you don’t even know what they are capable of yet..

Capital games already knows what happens in the movie, they are done filming the movie just adding finishing touches. Capital games is smart enough to know not make an event contradicting the last jedi.
  • Vader, Maul, Dooku, Palpatine, there are plenty of dark side back stories including the officers such as Tarkin, Veers, and Thrawn.
  • Yusef wrote: »
    Capital games already knows what happens in the movie, they are done filming the movie just adding finishing touches. Capital games is smart enough to know not make an event contradicting the last jedi.

No one outside LucasFilms and Disney know what happens in the film or even what’s up in episode 9. Everyone who saw the movie at press release signed an NDA. EA would be told how they want character progression done or to hold off on it until the film released.
  • Well, in all honesty. I would not mind a new legendary Vader. Or as has been suggested, fallen Anakin.
    When I see that we have 4 Version of Han Solo and definately more incoming....
    I think, as long as character can be easily differentiated (picture, posture) I wouldn‘t mind if they‘d wear the same clothes.
    Change Vader into Vader (Ep. IV) that makes room for more Vaders theoretically.
    A Force choke Vader as the first character whose animation directly interacts with the target would be interesting: lifting his target in the air by force and give it the choke sound effect.
    (On the Note of more interaction: I‘d Love to see Jedis/Siths deflect blaster shots or guard against light sabres when evading an attack. Or „normal“ characters duck, sidestep, do a roll)

Well, I still believe that a DS Journey is quite possible, if the willingness is there.

I just don‘t like the fact, that the DS apparently is excluded from certain events, just because there are no different possible skins for them, because villains usually don‘t change clothes -weird movie rule apparently- while there are certainly ways around mere clothes/armor...