Could You Fill Squads?

My guild is a decent sized guild, but when it came to filling our squads to get the added bonus, we weren't able to fill the squads. It seemed like there just wasn't enough Dark Side characters to meet the requirements AND still collect stars.

Were you able to fill your squads and, if so, what was your strategy to do so AND still collect multiple stars?
#ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround

Replies

• Options
    My guild stopped caring about platoons around phase 3 or 4
  • Options
    Filling platoons last TB would have cost a guild thousands of dollars. I think very few even got close to getting them done.
  • Options
    I realized this last DSTB: with fewer DS toons existing (particularly in the farmable, but useful category), there is a much greater strain placed on rosters.
    It is an order of magnitude more difficult to have enough depth for DS TB, since the few toons that exist are ALSO going to be repeated much more in platoon requirements. And that pulls from the same (smaller) pool that we are trying to run missions with.
  • Options
    Inb4 20 wampas required for platoons
  • Options
    Just ran in to this issue again. With needing 90 characters between 2 zones, it seems like it's impossible to fill squad rosters AND take the zones. But that's not taking in consideration that both zones requiring squads aren't requesting the same characters. But still, WAY more LS characters than DS.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    Phase One and two of the current TB we’ve managed to fill them all out so far.
    My personal way of doing it is to put the rarest characters I have (that I don’t use) into the platoons (as of my guild my roster is probably the most complete, with only a few characters not at least unlocked) I also tend to put in the max number of characters into both (so typically contributing 20 characters to platoons, plus 10 ships when the ship stages unlock)
    I then leave the others to contribute whatever they can spare. There are some who go all out like me and some that only contribute the odd few (either due to thinner rosters or the fact we’ve filled most of the spaces before they log into the game in those paticular phases)
  • Options
    There isn't enough dark side characters to be effective at this event.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    Rynchenzo wrote: »
    There isn't enough dark side characters to be effective at this event.
    You only really need 25 darkside characters (for each guild member) to be effective. And there’s 60 to choose from.
    20 to do the missions and 5 miscellaneous ones to dump into platoons (the key though is that the platoon dump characters need to be a mix between guild members)
    The real issue (that goes across to Lightside too) is despite there being (typically) one Empire only combat mission (rebels in Ls) they are still in the platoons as well for some reason.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Arcaver wrote: »
    My guild is a decent sized guild, but when it came to filling our squads to get the added bonus, we weren't able to fill the squads. It seemed like there just wasn't enough Dark Side characters to meet the requirements AND still collect stars.

Were you able to fill your squads and, if so, what was your strategy to do so AND still collect multiple stars?

Filled all squads. Collected 6 stars with what was left. Don't worry. Your roster will grow. You will be able to do the same eventually.