2018 early speculation.

Prev13456
KueChael
930 posts Moderator
We are on the eve of the Jedi training Rey event. Possibly the last big event of 2017. I’d like to thank the devs for a successful 2017. Although there were bumps, for the most part, you have a very successful game that can be played by everyone over time. I love speculation threads because they are worth nothing, unless they hit.

So now I’m looking forward to the early 2018. And after listening to the devs talk on many YouTube channels this is what I’ve gathered. IMO what they were aware of, and have scheduled soon.

First, the Darkside must get more powerful and synergistic. As seen by how ineffective they are in DS TB. I think the Separatist are moving to the front burner early next year, and I also expect the only Legendary character (ep) to not have zetas to get them in what could be a darkside or Separatist Faction pass. Watch for Grevious to get his creep on. This could be a huge update. Especially if EP gets a powerful synergy with Vader. (I’m in favor of activating both leadership while ep is alive).

Next, in a couple of videos they said choices will dictate who/what you can unlock through the Guild events. G12\ HODA/ Wampa. I believe that Hoda will come into a Legendary event for Jedi Luke.( Who possibly could be released during a Jedi Faction pass.)Of course the criteria to get Luke would be Rolo, Cholo, CLS, Hoda and.... C3pO. Yes I’m expecting a 3pO event that will unlock through Ewoks. This means ROTJ Luke will be very hard to obtain for most players but, you will be able to work on it for the next release and know all the criteria.

I think they could release this Luke by April or May , of course CLS should come back a couple months before. And a 3pO event could come in February or March. By releasing this early, many would have had the opportunity to achieve him depending on the path they choose.

The Jedi Faction pass when it occurs (there is no if- Jedi are horrible). Should remake many with a powerful synergy. I think they have the possibility of being the best defensive faction, better then Nightsisters. The key to the Jedi will be Eath Koth. (No it won’t, just wanted to see if you reading thoroughly). The Jedi definitely need a pass and releasing Jedi Knight Luke would work real well.

These are my opinions, (and my opinions suck). There I beat the negative nellies to the punch.
Happy Holidays to everyone, and enjoy the game for what it is.... a game, keep it fun.

Replies

• lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Requiring ROLO for a Legendary or Hero's Journey would be a bit of a low blow, considering that the introduction of the Dark Side TB and the TW has effectively cut the speed of the ROLO farm by... what, 2/3? And it would strongly favor anyone who was lucky enough to get 50 shards a week during the period when the Light Side TB was the one & only Guild Event.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    January needs to be 1 of 3 things.
    1) Bounty Hunter rework with the intro of Bossk, Jango, 4-LOM, Aurra Sing, or C-21Highsinger
    2) Jedi Rework with Zetas for GK, JKA, and others.
    3) Separatist Rework, mainly General Grievous and add Droideka, Commando Battlesdroid, and Droid ships.

Anything less, color me disappointed.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    January needs to be 1 of 3 things.
    1) Bounty Hunter rework with the intro of Bossk, Jango, 4-LOM, Aurra Sing, or C-21Highsinger
    2) Jedi Rework with Zetas for GK, JKA, and others.
    3) Separatist Rework, mainly General Grievous and add Droideka, Commando Battlesdroid, and Droid ships.

Anything less, color me disappointed.

1. Agreed. Even if they fine tune the ds Tb this should be priority as they are required for special missions.
  • Requiring ROLO for a Legendary or Hero's Journey would be a bit of a low blow, considering that the introduction of the Dark Side TB and the TW has effectively cut the speed of the ROLO farm by... what, 2/3? And it would strongly favor anyone who was lucky enough to get 50 shards a week during the period when the Light Side TB was the one & only Guild Event.

Agreed. It also further marginalizes small guilds or sticking with friends or long time guild mates. I've defended a lot of their choices as far as requirements and the like go, but requiring ROLO for the next stage of Luke is not something I'd support.
  • fascizio wrote: »
    Requiring ROLO for a Legendary or Hero's Journey would be a bit of a low blow, considering that the introduction of the Dark Side TB and the TW has effectively cut the speed of the ROLO farm by... what, 2/3? And it would strongly favor anyone who was lucky enough to get 50 shards a week during the period when the Light Side TB was the one & only Guild Event.

Agreed. It also further marginalizes small guilds or sticking with friends or long time guild mates. I've defended a lot of their choices as far as requirements and the like go, but requiring ROLO for the next stage of Luke is not something I'd support.

I'd agree if this happens in January. But if it happens in a more reasonable time frame, then perhaps it's not as big of an issue. They barely provided enough time between the vets becoming farmable and them being required for JTRey. So I expect something similar with ROTJLuke.
  • fascizio wrote: »

I don't understand the problem - if guildmates haven't farmed the requirements to get ROLO shards by the next LS TB then they really should be pushed to do so as they have had several months. We didn't manage to get a decent amount of shards for a few weeks and we are 1 TB off 7*, so surely in a few months most guilds should be near her.
  • Yeah, as the comments said - I think a BH pass is the next, most likely, step in 2018. Requiring them for DS TB essentially means CG put a a mandate, albeit a small one, on themselves to make that faction more viable. People will scream Jango, but I think we'll have the Embo, that's already in the game, coming to us.
    I also think people are jumping the gun on Jedi Luke. Based on, like, right now, I think the next step will be a Jedi in Training Luke. It'll slide in nicely with the Jedi in Training Rey and bookend the game a bit. Luke in the swamp with yoda, the ship raising, ghost force Vader, these are thing that CG will Capitalize on (Ha, Pun).
    And yeah, I know it's not nice to say, but we're Beta testing some of the new content right now, there is NO QUESTION we'll get the iconic (in game terms) Battle of Geonosia TB (or maybe TW...)
    If we're predicting then yeah,
    • New Rey,
    • CLS for christmas,
    • BH faction pass first of the year with embo
    • Movie based marquee event
    • something (R1 revisit?)
    • Jedi in training Luke - with just enough time for the bigger guilds to have reliably gotten ROLO & HODA - no question about the Rebel tag on Luke, of course
    • Geonosia LS TB - Republic Tag rework - make it harder to get ROLO for those behind
    • Geonosia DS TB - Separatist rework - provides the optimal amount of stress for getting a Grevious rework + no one can complain about not having him.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Not every guild can afford to push to farm CHS since in smaller GP guilds most members are still struggling to build up squads for other things: Arena, Raids...
    Requiring ROLO for an hypothetic ROTJLuke seems a given but I don't expect to see him coming before next summer at least.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Before Geonosia, the Republic and Separatist should be remade. It would be cool if Sidious had both tags.
    Post edited by KueChael on
  • Requiring ROLO for a Legendary or Hero's Journey would be a bit of a low blow, considering that the introduction of the Dark Side TB and the TW has effectively cut the speed of the ROLO farm by... what, 2/3? And it would strongly favor anyone who was lucky enough to get 50 shards a week during the period when the Light Side TB was the one & only Guild Event.

Yes. But would you be at all surprised after what they pulled with Veteran Han and Chewie?

Personally, I think they're going to hold off longer on Jedi Luke. They know that he's one of the end-all-be-alls of the entire game, and CLS was just released a few months ago. I mean, it took nearly two years to get CLS into the game. I think they'll go at least one year maybe longer till the next one.

I don't really use DS much, but I'm very on board with another Empire or Sith pass. It's a shame that Darth freaking Vader is just sort of, well, meh. The most iconic villain of Star Wars and maybe cinema as a whole needs to be more that just OK.

And this is much less a prediction than wishful thinking, but KOTOR toons! Yes, I know it's probably not going to ever happen. But that'd be a heck of a way to put some juice back into the Jedi faction.
  • We just got ROLO to 7*, and we're doing 35 stars in TB. A bunch of our guild just don't have CHS yet, or else they're not beating that mission if they have him. We're getting something like 25-30 shards for ROLO per TB. There's so much to prioritize that it hasn't been a priority for us to require particular things. Some are doing HY. Some are doing Wampa. Some are doing g12 gear. Some are doing Cassian's ship. Some were doing Baze when he was there. Similar for guild store. Many of us are prioritizing Starck, but I'm sure some are getting other characters or focusing on gear. This game is about choices, and requiring a guild to do certain things rather than farm what they want just takes the fun out of what this game is all about. I wouldn't want to be in a guild that told me what to farm, so I don't want to tell my guild what to farm. That's all there is to it.
  • TLDR summary:

same old same old, featuring:

- separatist and Greivous rework speculation
    - Jango fett and BH rework speculation
    - Jedi Luke requirement speculation
    - unwarranted praise for releasing broken events multiple times, slowing down new toon farms, raising shard prices, and breaking the game with one character release
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    TLDR summary:

same old same old, featuring:

- separatist and Greivous rework speculation
    - Jango fett and BH rework speculation
    - Jedi Luke requirement speculation
    - unwarranted praise for releasing broken events multiple times, slowing down new toon farms, raising shard prices, and breaking the game with one character release

Sadly we’re beating a dead horse because we’ve been asking for these things for a year now.

But we got Colonel Starck and zombies instead....
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    KueChael wrote: »
    Of course the criteria to get Luke would be Rolo, Cholo, CLS, Hoda and.... C3pO. Yes I’m expecting a 3pO event that will unlock through Ewoks.

I had the exact same thoughts this morning... CLS because obviously. Rolo and Cholo because Hoth. Hoda because training. R2 could also be required again, as this requirement could be added "for free". C3PO because cash grab and the fact that he's missing. Ewoks needed to unlock C3PO, as he was their god for a while. Wicket will of course be the only mandatory Ewok required. And of course C3PO will unlock at 7*.
  • I'm predicting and infestation of bugs, failures to log in frequently, no rewards, and horrible customer support.

Isn't that what's coming in 2018
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Of course the criteria to get Luke would be Rolo, Cholo, CLS, Hoda and.... C3pO. Yes I’m expecting a 3pO event that will unlock through Ewoks.

I had the exact same thoughts this morning... CLS because obviously. Rolo and Cholo because Hoth. Hoda because training. R2 could also be required again, as this requirement could be added "for free". C3PO because cash grab and the fact that he's missing. Ewoks needed to unlock C3PO, as he was their god for a while. Wicket will of course be the only mandatory Ewok required. And of course C3PO will unlock at 7*.

You've nailed it, man. There's really no other reason for Wicket being so hard to get.
  • New solo film means.... NEW HAN!
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    Krjstoff wrote: »

You've nailed it, man. There's really no other reason for Wicket being so hard to get.

I think they really just wanted to try out another character release cadence. This way you can farm another character without interrupting farms for other characters, but still provide an incentive for people to spend crystals to farm him. They can easily increase or decrease the tempo of the event to see how/if they can get more crystals from people.

Personally, I think they made a mistake not making the event once a week. 40 shards a month would still be a good 6 months or so to be able to get him, still provide plenty of incentive to spend crystals without making him completely unattainable for free to play.
  • AnonSwgoh wrote: »
    I'm predicting and infestation of bugs, failures to log in frequently, no rewards, and horrible customer support.

Isn't that what's coming in 2018

if it's that bad for you, just stop playing the game and go with a game/company that doesn't have any issues at all...
  • May 2018 be the year of Dr. Aphra and her two murder bots. I remember one of the devs (can't recall who, though) saying in a post a while back that Dr. Aphra was a fav of theirs and they were looking forward to the time when they could work on getting her out ...
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    May 2018 be the year of Dr. Aphra and her two murder bots. I remember one of the devs (can't recall who, though) saying in a post a while back that Dr. Aphra was a fav of theirs and they were looking forward to the time when they could work on getting her out ...

+1000000. Aphra, BT, and Triple 0 are some of the best new original characters we’ve had.
  • I don't think we should expect Jedi Luke until at least a year after CLS. However I agree that if we get a c3po event, that should throw up red flags to everyone. I don't know why ewoks would unlock him, since there's no precedent except yoda for lightside unlocking lightside in a legendary event. Doesn't mean it won't happen.

I'm hesitant to shift resources from gear to Hoda unless she works into a JTRey team as that's my current focus.
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited December 2017

If the next luke hero journey follows ESB the way the first one followed ANH I don't think ROLO will be needed. At no point are Luke and Leia together during any fight in ESB.

My guess is CHS to fight the wampa, Wedge for Battle of Hoth (Luke's main involvement in the battle was with Rogue Squadron of which Wedge is the only current toon who was also a member), hoda & r2 for Luke's training, luke + r2 for initial Cloud City, and Luke soloing against Vader at the end.

The first heroes journey roughly followed ANH and was well received for doing so. I don't think the next luke journey would be as well received if they have missions with luke fighting alongside characters he didn't interact with in the film (3P0) or were somewhere else entirely (ROLO during Battle of Hoth) just for the sake of requiring them. They're getting a lot of flack for the vets, they'd likely get even more flack for creating missions with characters that didn't interact during the scenes being depicted.
  • Massov wrote: »
    fascizio wrote: »

I don't understand the problem - if guildmates haven't farmed the requirements to get ROLO shards by the next LS TB then they really should be pushed to do so as they have had several months. We didn't manage to get a decent amount of shards for a few weeks and we are 1 TB off 7*, so surely in a few months most guilds should be near her.

LS TB was originally slated to run weekly. Now it's once a month. They've quartered our acquisition. Even if everyone in our guild had Han and Hoth Soldier now, we wouldn't have her 7 starred until May..
  • 5th/young Solo and young Han Solo movie characters.

ff9.gif

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator

My guild is around 100+ million gp. We currently have Rolo at 6* and 37/100. We are an upper middle tier guild. I have a feeling, ea/CG can effectively calculate average guilds ability to unlock her (Rolo )at a certain point in time. Also they should know the quantity of JKLukes in the game the first time. Which I think would be 8-12% of teams will have the ability to unlock as long as they have CLS, Hoda, Cholo, Rolo at least 5 Ewoks g8 or better then it gets you 3p0. And the droid comes before the journey.
    My guild did not make cholo mandatory, but highly desired. There is a bigger purpose for cholo and Rolo. And that is JK Luke. 3pO will follow as the droid before the event. Like R2 and BB8. I Don’t think wicket / or any single Ewok will be required... just 5. Because a lot of people don’t care for the murder Bears.

has that ever stopped them from pulling a stunt like that? search your feelings, you know this to be true.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    May 2018 be the year of Dr. Aphra and her two murder bots. I remember one of the devs (can't recall who, though) saying in a post a while back that Dr. Aphra was a fav of theirs and they were looking forward to the time when they could work on getting her out ...

+1000000. Aphra, BT, and Triple 0 are some of the best new original characters we’ve had.

Cool pic. Death watch?
  • Jabba....Jabba....and oh yes - Jabba.