Royal Goodness!!!

Poe is DONE! RG will be the new king of taunt. I faced a team with RG with his 25% chance to taunt and lose the match because of his 18k hp. I can't imagine what will happen with a guarantee taunt at below 50% hp for all allies. His 18k hp will be the down fall of most teams.

Replies

• Got mine at 4 stars and am getting his gear to VII while getting him to level 60+. Can't wait to rock him in GW against level 65+ teams.
  • Also, ppl need to realize that in the ranks below 51 RG will be a game changer. Atleast on my board everyone runs the same 4 cookie cutter characters. If your not running RG you will be a target plain and simple.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Reddplague wrote: »
    Also, ppl need to realize that in the ranks below 51 RG will be a game changer. Atleast on my board everyone runs the same 4 cookie cutter characters. If your not running RG you will be a target plain and simple.
    Gee, I hope this turns out to be true. Then the whales will slaughter everyone, non-whales will start farming him, a month later after everyone has wasted their time CG will finally realize what is going on and nerf him, everyone will scream, and then a week later we'll do it all over again.
    (Insert something here about ignoring history and repeating it.)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Gee, I hope this turns out to be true. Then the whales will slaughter everyone, non-whales will start farming him, a month later after everyone has wasted their time CG will finally realize what is going on and nerf him, everyone will scream, and then a week later we'll do it all over again.

I was thinking along similar lines. He has not even been updated yet and is already becoming all the "rage" by Friday the Nerf threads will start.

• Qeltar wrote: »
    Also, ppl need to realize that in the ranks below 51 RG will be a game changer. Atleast on my board everyone runs the same 4 cookie cutter characters. If your not running RG you will be a target plain and simple.

How long did Poe run rampant until they nerfed him? I've been playing CG games for a few years now. They never do anything by accident. They remind me of this show called Columbo. The show was about a cop who appeared to be clueless but, was the total opposite. They never real fix meta issue they just introduce characters that bring balance to what ever op character is dominating atm.
  • Don't the whales hang out in the ranks above 50. Won't they slaughter other whales?
  • Reddplague wrote: »
    Poe is DONE! RG will be the new king of taunt. I faced a team with RG with his 25% chance to taunt and lose the match because of his 18k hp. I can't imagine what will happen with a guarantee taunt at below 50% hp for all allies. His 18k hp will be the down fall of most teams.

Can his taunt happen in the middle of an assist attack?

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Yes, but it doesn't change the assist target.
  • Telaan wrote: »

Yes, but it doesn't change the assist target.

So the original target still gets hit twice?

How long did Poe run rampant until they nerfed him? I've been playing CG games for a few years now. They never do anything by accident. They remind me of this show called Columbo. The show was about a cop who appeared to be clueless but, was the total opposite. They never real fix meta issue they just introduce characters that bring balance to what ever op character is dominating atm.

Well the assasinated Poe ruthlessly, confused everyone in the process, discarded all the suggestuons by well know pro player, did silent changes, and ended up with a combined total of 9 stats changes completely and uterly destroying about $170-350 in terms of equivalent Crystal refreshes for anyone that 7*.

"They just introduce nee chars" would have been fair. But no, here's an analogy:

You invite people to your restaurant for a free sampler, then make the waiters take 4 hours to serve, the clients start ordering paid items as they see thise are actually marching...many order the meaty lasagna, which is much better than the frozen spagetti...but as they realize the nutricional content may be to high for the buck, they then force each customer that ordered lasagna to drink heavy salty warm water until the vomit all of it...hey, it's our restaurant...be content and irder thee frozen spagetti ...or maybe try the lamb shawarma? (Risky bet...as it's tasty).

So they have acted different than in other games for sure.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I've kept my opinion of this change to myself. But I'm amused that they would pick this particular toon to buff to such a level. It's like the ultimate goal is to fill our roster with a bunch of nameless toons played by extras in the movies.

The best attacker in the game is a computer generated flying bug. The best tank in the game will be a toon that had 30 seconds of screen time in RotJ. Next up will be a new Gamorrean healer introduced that has Barris level equalization and a lumi strength heal.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I don't think RG can impact the meta as Poe did inglés they give him the fastest speed in game and s turn meter reduction ability

Lol @ Columbo.
    They did a spin-off series called Mrs. Columbo that starred Kate Mulgrew, you know, the woman who later was handed the keys to a brand new starship and got lost on her first trip. ;)
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Lol @ Columbo.
    They did a spin-off series called Mrs. Columbo that starred Kate Mulgrew, you know, the woman who later was handed the keys to a brand new starship and got lost on her first trip. ;)

Lol @Jabberwocky
    That reminded me of this meme I had laying around.

image_zpsjzi76j8t.jpeg
  • Royal Guard doesn't manipulate turn meters nor does he lend to damage via expose. The guard's simply a fat meatshield. Machine gunning 8...9...12k+ damage every attack will make short work of him.

I'm happy they buffed him so he's not utterly worthless, but he's no game changer. If you're going to run a tank, at least in the current meta, Poe will still be king.

On my board I'm in rank 51-100 not many teams are putting out that kind of damage. So, a RG with 18k hp will give most teams the advantage. I could easily see this like fighting Daka teams. Daka teams are a pain to fight if the RNG is not in your favor.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    I don't think RG can impact the meta as Poe did inglés they give him the fastest speed in game and s turn meter reduction ability

He intercepts assists, counters and bonus attacks. Not sure if he will be of any use but his speed is relative. Also not sure what happens if he taunts just before taking a turn...does this end his taunt? If so, he might just taunt and not even help team avoid even one shot. He also gains TM which further reduces his taunt term.

• Royal Guard doesn't manipulate turn meters nor does he lend to damage via expose. The guard's simply a fat meatshield. Machine gunning 8...9...12k+ damage every attack will make short work of him.

I'm happy they buffed him so he's not utterly worthless, but he's no game changer. If you're going to run a tank, at least in the current meta, Poe will still be king.

Poe sucks....even Han is 37x better now. The most anoying team faced in GW yesterday had Han, Talia, Phasma, Daka and Sid. Maybe the AI proc was supercharged. Would revive anyone 2-3 times. Enemy would get 3 shots for every 1 I took...for two rounds.

When I face a team with Poe I now smile
  • Qeltar wrote: »

This is the most likeliness of scenarios. Everyone is going to cry nerf soon enough. Not allowed to have good tanks in this game.