Countering vs Shock

I ran an IGD (L) team with Aayla, vs a Nihilus lead team with EP. Under IGD, Aayla counters everything, unless it specifically says it can’t be countered. EP did his AoE lightning and Aayla got the shock debuff. Later on, EP did his basic shock on someone else and because of the debuff, Aayla was also attacked. She didn’t Counter. Why? I can’t find any reason for why. No where does it say she shouldn’t counter.

Replies

• Doesnt shock prevent counters?
  • The additional damage is through shock, not EP, so it isn't subject to a counter
  • Pretty sure the extra damage to shocked opponents is an effect, not an attack. If that makes any sense? The attack is what you did to IGD (or whoever), and the damage to Aayla is just extra.
    Leon4107 wrote: »
    Doesnt shock prevent counters?

No, you’re thinking Daze.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    palp's AoE doesn't shock, it stuns.
    taking dmg from shock doesn't trigger a counter.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • EP's basic gives collateral damage to shocked enemies beyond the primary target...so in essence, EP didn't attack Aayla, her debuff attacked her.

It's the same reason Vader doesn't receive a counter attack when one of his dots "explodes" on a character with 100% counter chance.
  • MidasWelby wrote: »
    EP's basic gives collateral damage to shocked enemies beyond the primary target...so in essence, EP didn't attack Aayla, her debuff attacked her.

It's the same reason Vader doesn't receive a counter attack when one of his dots "explodes" on a character with 100% counter chance.

Unless it’s grevious on p1 of the tank raid? Doesn’t his dots trigger his attack.
  • no. dot's on grievous cause him to take damage additional times. THAT causes him to get his unique off faster which causes him to attack
  • In the hAAT, GG goes every 7th time he takes damage, not every 7th time he is attacked.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section
  • MidasWelby wrote: »
    EP's basic gives collateral damage to shocked enemies beyond the primary target...so in essence, EP didn't attack Aayla, her debuff attacked her.

I understand the comparison, but the difference is that this damage is caused by an attack. DoTs are triggered on the ally’s turn. Shock does not do any damage unless EP uses his basic. I’m fine with it not being able to be countered, but there needs to be something in the description to that effect.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Go read palps unquie crackling doom basically puts an invisible damage over time on all Jedi rebels and guys that are shocked,
    The extra damage is not linked to using his basic
  • It’s mostly all been said already, however there’s one thing of note to add.

Palp’s basic, triggering passive damage on rebels, Jedi, and all shocked enemies, is ellegedly stacking. So say, enemy Old Ben is shocked, your EP uses his basic, Old Ben as a Jedi, as a Rebel, and being shocked, would take that passive damage three times. I could’ve wrong about Jedi and Rebel statuses stacking, but I’m certain the shock status stacks with the faction tag taking passive damage.

That being said, this passive damage is not counted as an attack, thus does not trigger a counter-attack. Also notable, the passive damage is unavoidable even with foresight, and does not remove the foresight buff. Last thing, this passive damage cannot kill/defeat a character. It brings them to 1 health, where they must be attacked again or finished from a DoT at the beginning of their turn.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • I've been experimenting with Hera (zeta) lead, with zeta Kanan, zeta Ezra, and zeta Sabine... I added Palp for a couple reasons. Shock is pretty useful. The amount of turn meter gains and ability to call assists from Hera & Ezra lets palp get most enemies shocked very quickly. Once 2 are shocked, his Let the hate flow returns 100% turn meter. It also removes just a fraction of health from my Phoenix allies which lets them get double turn meter gains when using specials. (Only for 1 turn because their health steal gets them back to 100% health).

Also Palp is "support" so makes Ezra called assist give both 40% turn meter.

Pretty interesting group together