Thank you Devs

Xerrath
177 posts Member
edited December 2017
As this year comes to an end I would like to thank CG for new content brought into the game this year. Although it was not always as we expected it to be I appreciat e all that has been done to improve them game
Looking forward to what 2018 has in store for us.

Replies

  • I quite agree. Although I may not have been able to grab all the shiny new toys first time and some of the releases were a bit strenuous, the developers of this game do a fantastic job! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!
  • I wholeheartedly agree. Just a ton of content this year and really appreciate all the devs at CG for making this game great. Keep on coding! The Rey Journey Event was very cool to play through ... especially that 2nd to the last scene.

    Thank you!
  • Sev74907
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Totally agree with these sentiments. We have seen a lot of great things like gear 12, QOL, CLS, reworks on Rebels, Thrawn, Chimaera and 7* Capitals, Territory Battles and Wars, R2, BB8, vets, Rey, Krennic, DT, Nihilus and his merry band of Sith, Phoenix, Ewoks, Nightsisters. That’s a lot of things. So thank you to the devs for all of your hard work and constantly bringing new things into this game to give life to it.
  • While I can agree that most of the content put out this year was excellent, they have produced two swing-and-miss events.

    DS:TB was one of the worst things that they've ever put into the game. The idea behind it was great, except that the dark side has largely been neglected. The roster isn't deep enough to support it, and the difficulty was ridiculous. They've put in some work to fix it, so time will tell if the fixes are enough, or if the answer still is simply that the character pool isn't deep enough yet.

    The second would be this Hero's Journey. CLS was a free to play event. Sure, you might have neglected Old Ben, but he was on an 8 energy cantina node since the beginning. Easily brought up in time to finish the event. That process would've been expedited by spending maybe 10-20$ on crystals for refreshes.

    Then comes the Rey event, and we're given not one, but two characters on the hardest nodes to farm in cantina. Mind you, they've been out for less than a month. And you need them both 7*. They'll probably never admit it, but the event was rushed, and it now makes CG/EA look like this celebration event is nothing more than a cheap money grab. I think plenty of people were willing to spend money on Rey, who ended up keeping their cash because even with a minimal purchase, they still wouldn't make it.


    Those are just my opinions, and I look forward to seeing what the future brings for this game.
  • There have been a lot of ups and downs, but I still immensely enjoy playing this game!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Xerrath wrote: »
    As this year comes to an end I would like to thank CG for new content brought into the game this year. Although it was not always as we expected it to be I appreciat e all that has been done to improve them game
    Looking forward to what 2018 has in store for us.

    Oh just yuck.

  • JamzDatt wrote: »
    While I can agree that most of the content put out this year was excellent, they have produced two swing-and-miss events.

    DS:TB was one of the worst things that they've ever put into the game. The idea behind it was great, except that the dark side has largely been neglected. The roster isn't deep enough to support it, and the difficulty was ridiculous. They've put in some work to fix it, so time will tell if the fixes are enough, or if the answer still is simply that the character pool isn't deep enough yet.

    The second would be this Hero's Journey. CLS was a free to play event. Sure, you might have neglected Old Ben, but he was on an 8 energy cantina node since the beginning. Easily brought up in time to finish the event. That process would've been expedited by spending maybe 10-20$ on crystals for refreshes.

    Then comes the Rey event, and we're given not one, but two characters on the hardest nodes to farm in cantina. Mind you, they've been out for less than a month. And you need them both 7*. They'll probably never admit it, but the event was rushed, and it now makes CG/EA look like this celebration event is nothing more than a cheap money grab. I think plenty of people were willing to spend money on Rey, who ended up keeping their cash because even with a minimal purchase, they still wouldn't make it.


    Those are just my opinions, and I look forward to seeing what the future brings for this game.

    Actually old Ben wasn't on 8 energy cantina from the beginning. He was completely P2P at first. Chromium only. Not like these days where we get them at 2-3 stars.

  • JamzDatt wrote: »
    While I can agree that most of the content put out this year was excellent, they have produced two swing-and-miss events.

    DS:TB was one of the worst things that they've ever put into the game. The idea behind it was great, except that the dark side has largely been neglected. The roster isn't deep enough to support it, and the difficulty was ridiculous. They've put in some work to fix it, so time will tell if the fixes are enough, or if the answer still is simply that the character pool isn't deep enough yet.

    The second would be this Hero's Journey. CLS was a free to play event. Sure, you might have neglected Old Ben, but he was on an 8 energy cantina node since the beginning. Easily brought up in time to finish the event. That process would've been expedited by spending maybe 10-20$ on crystals for refreshes.

    Then comes the Rey event, and we're given not one, but two characters on the hardest nodes to farm in cantina. Mind you, they've been out for less than a month. And you need them both 7*. They'll probably never admit it, but the event was rushed, and it now makes CG/EA look like this celebration event is nothing more than a cheap money grab. I think plenty of people were willing to spend money on Rey, who ended up keeping their cash because even with a minimal purchase, they still wouldn't make it.


    Those are just my opinions, and I look forward to seeing what the future brings for this game.

    Actually old Ben wasn't on 8 energy cantina from the beginning. He was completely P2P at first. Chromium only. Not like these days where we get them at 2-3 stars.

    My apologies. Old Ben wasn't free to play from the start. But he was free to play for at least a year prior to the event. Thanks for nit picking.
  • @JamzDatt u nailed it man. Devs have done great keeping game fun with few mistakes here n there. Ds tb was def one an rey being the biggest. It wouldn’t had been as bad if they had put one char n cantina were it is now n one in another area giving players chance farm both at once but currently its impossible to do so w/o spending lots n lots of cash at the worst time of year to have do so with holiday being week or so away. Thts my biggest complaint but i know this isnt wht this thread is so will end my post by saying thank u to cg for all the other great wrk they did do this year n cant wait to see wht this nxt year has in store for us. Hopefully they take the good an bad they get from us an continue to make a great game.
  • I too agree that they have done a great job. I would still like to see new toons in GW, Cantina and Arena shops
  • I would still like to see new toons in GW, Cantina and Arena shops
    This and more DS toons.
  • I was actually hoping for something special for “The Last Jedi”

    Something playable and a free gift... Who knows, there is still time for christmas?
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I was actually hoping for something special for “The Last Jedi”

    Something payable and a fee gift... Who knows, there is still time for christmas?

    There. I fixed it for you. Now your wish is fulfilled. ;)
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    I was actually hoping for something special for “The Last Jedi”

    Something payable and a fee gift... Who knows, there is still time for christmas?

    There. I fixed it for you. Now your wish is fulfilled. ;)

    Classic!!!! Sums it up nicely!
  • JamzDatt wrote: »
    While I can agree that most of the content put out this year was excellent, they have produced two swing-and-miss events.

    DS:TB was one of the worst things that they've ever put into the game. The idea behind it was great, except that the dark side has largely been neglected. The roster isn't deep enough to support it, and the difficulty was ridiculous. They've put in some work to fix it, so time will tell if the fixes are enough, or if the answer still is simply that the character pool isn't deep enough yet.

    The second would be this Hero's Journey. CLS was a free to play event. Sure, you might have neglected Old Ben, but he was on an 8 energy cantina node since the beginning. Easily brought up in time to finish the event. That process would've been expedited by spending maybe 10-20$ on crystals for refreshes.

    Then comes the Rey event, and we're given not one, but two characters on the hardest nodes to farm in cantina. Mind you, they've been out for less than a month. And you need them both 7*. They'll probably never admit it, but the event was rushed, and it now makes CG/EA look like this celebration event is nothing more than a cheap money grab. I think plenty of people were willing to spend money on Rey, who ended up keeping their cash because even with a minimal purchase, they still wouldn't make it.


    Those are just my opinions, and I look forward to seeing what the future brings for this game.

    This!
    Xerrath wrote: »
    As this year comes to an end I would like to thank CG for new content brought into the game this year. Although it was not always as we expected it to be I appreciat e all that has been done to improve them game
    Looking forward to what 2018 has in store for us.

    Oh just yuck.

    And even more so this...anyone have a Grinch gif available? Lol
  • I agree that there have been some great improvements, but I also agree that there have been some massive missteps that have just about ruined my enjoyment of Star Wars altogether, let alone this game itself.

    Rather than letting us all celebrate another monumental milestone in the Star Wars saga with the release of The Last Jedi, we were given a party that was pretty much "invitation only".

    When the subject matter is based on scrappy underdogs facing off against an all powerful organization with literal mentions of the heroes' disdain for the wealthy who take advantage of people, it's an odd choice to make.
  • Rey was very doable for dolphins. I unlock tomorrow and I bought the 30 dollarpack and like 3-4 shipments. And 3-4 cantina refreshes. Total cost probably like 50 bucks?
  • Kyno
    31115 posts Moderator
    **** wrote: »
    Forgive me if I’m pessimistic, but the only new thing fun is Wars. The battles are very boring, ships have never been fun and no new raids.

    TW are great. I like TBs but i know many do not share that lvl of enthusiasm for them. OMG ships need so much love. and a pseudo dual solution, ship raid.
  • **** wrote: »
    Forgive me if I’m pessimistic, but the only new thing fun is Wars. The battles are very boring, ships have never been fun and no new raids.

    I would have to disagree the game in general has been altered with many new ftp characters, new event styles, new events in general, Tw is interesting, and although Tb is lots of work(officers) the rewards are stellar.

    There will always be things that need tuning tweaking and fixing but this post was a simple thanks for the overall work that has been put into the game
Sign In or Register to comment.