Is RJT worth sinking gear into?

Title says it all. I know she's no CLS but is she good enough to invest precious gear into?

Replies

• Options
    She's actually not that hard to gear. I've been farming gear for gk for about a week and I'll be able to g12 her in a couple days probably
  • Options
    Not that hard to gear!? 8 mk4 data pads, 5 stun guns, 3 stun cuffs, 7 carbanti, and other tough gear pieces is not hard to gear? Phaw.
  • Options
    That isn't what I'd call easy.

Considering the gear, is she worth it? I've got plenty of other toons who need all of that. I'm just not sure she's worth investing all that gear in. I was in too deep to stop farming the vets so I went for it and got her, but now ... ?
  • wvuparker
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If you already have a Resistance squad geared up, then she is worth it without a doubt...

Better question is: if she is worth gearing up if your current Resistance toons are lacking?

A lot of people that zeta'd Finn kept their Resistance toons fairly undergeared since they really didn't need gear to kick butt. Is Rey's new leader ability better than Finns? (I think it might be better) If it is, is it going to require the other Resistance toons to be geared higher than with ZFinn? (I think they will) All questions I cannot truly answer because I don't have her :(

But ultimately, if you have her unlocked, you probably paid to get her. So why would you stop investing in her now?
  • Options
    People keep saying she's behind a pay wall... I got her f2p, and it was easy... but maybe im the exception... I do tend to hoard crystals and gear...

to answer your question... yes she is worth it... if you have the roster to back her up. I took her str8 to g12, zeta'd her leader and bb8's unique and took him from g11-12... then I took my 4* MT and took her to g11, stuck them all in my arena team with my g12 GK and went from tough battles using CLS, RHhan, R2, GK and Thrawn to total cakewalks... I can even auto most battles (not that I recommend it)

Old Ben may be a better choice than GK, but I don't have him geared and I used most of what I had saved to do the above. My team may not be the "optimal" team the developers have in mind, but it pwns. RJT ftw!
  • Options
    That isn't what I'd call easy.

Considering the gear, is she worth it? I've got plenty of other toons who need all of that. I'm just not sure she's worth investing all that gear in. I was in too deep to stop farming the vets so I went for it and got her, but now ... ?

She is absolutely worth it! Look up Mobile Gamers arena video of her for confirmation. Only thing is you need to build the right team around her. I have CLS g12 and RTLJ makes every fight so much easier to win. You need bb8 and r2 though to make it a team that will dominate. The gear is a tough grind, but won't be too bad if you sink all your resources from every shop into help gearing her.
  • Options
    Yes, at the very least she'll be a good player in a strong defensive team for territory wars
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice so far, guys.

If you were to zeta one of her abilities, what would you do? I'm leaning toward Inspirational Presence, but what do you think?
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Not that hard to gear!? 8 mk4 data pads, 5 stun guns, 3 stun cuffs, 7 carbanti, and other tough gear pieces is not hard to gear? Phaw.

Data pads are challenge gear as is the 5, not 7 carbantis, and the rest can be farmed. You don't have to rely on rng raid gear so yeah, easy. Should be able to fully gear her in under 2 weeks. Quicker if you prepared for it
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    People keep saying she's behind a pay wall... I got her f2p, and it was easy... but maybe im the exception... I do tend to hoard crystals and gear...

to answer your question... yes she is worth it... if you have the roster to back her up. I took her str8 to g12, zeta'd her leader and bb8's unique and took him from g11-12... then I took my 4* MT and took her to g11, stuck them all in my arena team with my g12 GK and went from tough battles using CLS, RHhan, R2, GK and Thrawn to total cakewalks... I can even auto most battles (not that I recommend it)

Old Ben may be a better choice than GK, but I don't have him geared and I used most of what I had saved to do the above. My team may not be the "optimal" team the developers have in mind, but it pwns. RJT ftw!

She's not f2p unless you, as you said, hoarded for months. It took me nearly 20k crystals to get the vets ready day 1 by farming from cantina. If you have to hoard for that long imo it's not f2p
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Data pads are challenge gear as is the 5, not 7 carbantis, and the rest can be farmed. You don't have to rely on rng raid gear so yeah, easy. Should be able to fully gear her in under 2 weeks. Quicker if you prepared for it

This is all true. Good points. Except the gold gear but that is cheap. I’d call it 2.5 weeks if you’re buying carbanti (which isn’t 7, it was 5)
  • Options

Regardless, 3 cuffs, 5 guns & 5 carbs removes her from the "easy to gear" pile pretty soundly.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Zeta her leader ability... it doesn't do much for bb8, but it allows her to cycle through her abilities faster (unless you are facing a zeta DN) and it does something amazing with R2... if he doesn't get debuffed, he will cycle through his 2 specials, back and forth... let's you perma-stealth R2 and anyone slower than him (other than your GK or whoever else you're using as a meat shield, and probably not bb8 or RJT since they get so much tm from secret intel... so R2 and whoever your 5th is... MT being a good choice) and his aoe is a great source of crits to expose and boost tm.
  • Options

Regardless, 3 cuffs, 5 guns & 5 carbs removes her from the "easy to gear" pile pretty soundly.

Have you tried gearing toons than need even just 3 pieces of raid gear? Or even tried GK? Being able to farm a toon to gear 12 in 2 weeks is pretty darn reasonable.
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I don't believe that 3 cuffs, 5 guns & 5 carbs alone is farmable in 2 weeks. I'm not sure who came up with that mythical number, but it's flat out unrealistic.

Edit: Not sure which toons require 3 pieces of raid gear, so probably. I have geared GK. Not sure what that has to do with Rey though, since my argument was against calling her an easy gear, not suggesting she was the hardest in the game.
  • Options
    I'll first say that I did not spend a dime on anything to acquire and max out RJT 10 minutes after release. I bought the vets shards in the shops when they first arrived to 4*. Started hoarding crystals, omegas, zetas, gear, and credits a week before double drops...finished vets this past Monday...by last night, had 8 carbs, 6 guns, and 4 cuffs, enough crystals to buy the 2 pieces of gold gear to get her to g12 and throw on 2 zetas. How did I do this? I didn't use any of those items on any other toon in anticipation of RJT. This game is about resource management. That has been said many times before by several different people who reside at the top of the arenas. The people who say it is not possible to obtain RJT and max her out immediately have to admit to themselves at some point that until they completely embrace the fact that the most important skill in the game is managing your resources, they will assume (incorrectly) that the only way to compete is spend money.