Territory war and territory battles. Fun or chore?

Im finding them to be more and more of a chore instead of fun. Like darn i gotta hurry up and get these done.

Replies

• They are fun. Especially territory war. Haven’t had a single tie yet. We’ve won 2 lost 1 so far.
  • Both are fun. But I'm in a 46m power guild, so we're not own-facing everything. It means each time we do one, we do a little bit better and go a little bit further and fill a couple more platoon slots, so we get a solid upward progress.

I think if you do handle them easily it could be a bit of a chore, though.

Also, for what it's worth, I set up a tab for Territory War teams, so setting my defense is waaaaaaaay faster now. Doing it squad my squad, tapping each individual member from that long list, got real old real fast. It feels weird having a 45k squad pre-made in a favorites tab, but it beats searching for each jawa that isn't the Engineer out of all those characters every time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TW = fun
    TB = chore

TB is just too long versus too many of the same toons over and over again. Whosever idea that was... Yikes
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Both are fun. But I'm in a 46m power guild, so we're not own-facing everything. It means each time we do one, we do a little bit better and go a little bit further and fill a couple more platoon slots, so we get a solid upward progress.

I think if you do handle them easily it could be a bit of a chore, though.

Also, for what it's worth, I set up a tab for Territory War teams, so setting my defense is waaaaaaaay faster now. Doing it squad my squad, tapping each individual member from that long list, got real old real fast. It feels weird having a 45k squad pre-made in a favorites tab, but it beats searching for each jawa that isn't the Engineer out of all those characters every time.

Now if they would just let us do the same with fleets.
    But yeah saved squads saves lots of setup and battle time
  • Hah, come on. I called it forever ago.

Everyone knows they’re both going to get old. Especially TW which isn’t original content at all.

Customizable TB is hardly fun.

But glad for free loot.
  • I must be the only one. But I can't wait for Dark Side TB to come back with improvements.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    I must be the only one. But I can't wait for Dark Side TB to come back with improvements.

I second this on so many levels. Reworks, balancing, improved synergies and the likes of Vader and Palpatine as feared as they were in the movies. It's a game I know but if these icons continue to subside with the monthly influx of new toons, it'll remain a long haul closing the gap.

Oh! May I be the first in the forums to suggest a Grevious rework asap? Lol! :wink:
  • Territory war is fun, territory battle is uhh more of a chore, but fairly ok so far
  • Winstar wrote: »
    I must be the only one. But I can't wait for Dark Side TB to come back with improvements.
    I'm looking forward to the improvements, but I'm dreading my roster because it's still under-geared....

I made them a little better, but I'm still focusing on HAAT teams...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @CG_Kozispoon

Add more raids. Some interesting original content. Not this.
  • TW has its level of fun still

TB is chore. There is no variety to the battles that we face. Boredom is my biggest adversary in TB.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Julmay wrote: »
    TW has its level of fun still

TB is chore. There is no variety to the battles that we face. Boredom is my biggest adversary in TB.

So much for TB being the "progressively challenging, living battlefield" they stated it would be.
  • I find TW to be extremely fun and the best game mode introduced in a long while. It would be even more interesting if TW rotated between battle maps each giving various factions special bonuses/abilities to mirror what we currently have on the Jakku map with Resistance and FO.

Territory Battles is a great concept which can lend itself to a lot of future expansion but the Hoth battle map is lackluster. The shifting units is an interesting touch but most battles lack the "wow" factor after the first few go rounds. Having to face random bosses (i.e. a special unit Vader/Veers/Starck etc.) in the last phase of a few of the combat missions might go a long way to making each go round feel more epic and less monotonous.
  • LSTB is fun since you actually have toons able to do 6/6 battles.

in DSTB they gave us wave 1, 2, 3 and 4^6 instead of 1, 2, 3, 6.
  • LSTB is fun since you actually have toons able to do 6/6 battles.

in DSTB they gave us wave 1, 2, 3 and 4^6 instead of 1, 2, 3, 6.

DSTB becomes easy to 4/4 all the way through once you build your characters up and get a viable faction outside of Sith / Empire - just like LSTB. Having a NS team or a KRU-led FO team gives you a ton of flexibility. Day 6 last DS TB I was able to give a zzThrawn, zDK, and a g12 fully maxed TFP up in platoons along with other junk and had no issues going 4/4.
  • I still haven't decided on TW but Territory Battles are definitely a chore. The battles take too long; the required units/teams are restrictive to point of taking the fun out of putting together teams; commands don't stick and can't be input while in earlier phases; there is still no way to close out platoons.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • I actually don’t mind TB and find TW a chore. A new raid will be fun for about a month and then people figure out the best comps for it and then it will be boring.

• TW is ok since you face different comps and maybe even get to play with a few of the toons that you don't often use.
    On the other hand, TB is such a chore, imo. Almost a year without any beefy content updates and that's what they came up with? 6 phases which are essentially the same battle over and over and over and... Just the same few white Empire dudes copied and pasted. They also stated we would get to use our entire roster - arguably true with platoons - but I would think most players just go with their best teams for the combat missions so it's still the usual suspects you actually play with. Even then you risk getting smashed if RNGesus is especially cruel on you on the last wave.
    Soooo many fun and interesting things they could have done with this mode but right now it's just an annoying time sink, imo.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the one where we set offense/defense is awful, other one is pretty fun.

ps ships suck. that is all
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • AfroDaby
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I mean, isn't the whole game a chore?
  • i like TB, but i really disliked TW..
  • TB is an awful chore; repetitive waves of the same characters over and over and over and over, platoons are the literal WORST, the 3* lock sucks hard, and the rewards are underwhelming for a week-long slogfest.
    TW, on the other hand, is very fun so far. Finding that balance between offense and defense, facing a wide variety of teams, determining just how much power you need to take down your opponents without burning your entire roster in 2 battles, and SOOOOO many different defensive strategies to play around with. Really loving it so far.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • @Ambassador Should this be in Rebel Assault Feedback? It pertains to both TB's and TW.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Same 6 waves again and again and again forever? LS TB is a bigger chore then the old Galactic Chore.
    They need to restructure LSTB to 4/4 waves ASAP. Like, should have been done a while ago. 4/4 is still a chore - but over the months and months it'll save some time.
    scuba wrote: »
    Julmay wrote: »
    TW has its level of fun still
    So much for TB being the "progressively challenging, living battlefield" they stated it would be.
    Yeah, for real. TB has been the biggest crock since it's inception. Same battle, again and again, ad infinitum.
    Wish devs would like, not just see our posts (and I know they do) but act on them. My guild slogs throughTB because we want to grow and so we need the rewards - not becuase it's fun, or interesting, and that we WANT to do it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • TW is my favourite part of the game at the moment. It is the only part that actually means guilds have to work together properly (as opposed to just chasing people to do something). I.e. who is best to attack which squad for best use of available troops. I suppose you could say who uses up top toon to fill platoon is similar or who does which bit of HAAT if it is still something that need planning but for us TW is the only part where people really work together.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I like both for different reasons. I'm content with the content of those two.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I enjoy that TB allows me to visibly see the progress my roster is making against the same enemies but giving them more health and having them deal more damage is just lazy. The elites add a little bit of strategy but really its just the same wave for 6 waves in a row with platoons that are impossible to fill. TB needs to use our entire roster and not just Rogue One, Wiggs, R2, and Hermit Yoda.