5th bounty hunter: Dengar or Zam Wesell?

I need a 5th member for my bounty hunter team, that will function best in the DS Territory Battles. I need the same amounts of shards for these two, and find it impossible to decide which to farm from the guild store.

Replies

• Best team is drop Greedo. Dengar is a jack of all trades and Zam is all the detonators you need. Though if you can only get one, Zam
  • Dengar takes more Carbanti. Go Zam. She is essential to that team and I’d argue Greedo is similarly important.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    Dengar takes more Carbanti. Go Zam. She is essential to that team and I’d argue Greedo is similarly important.
    Greedo’s basic does a decent amount.

Zam gets overlooked because Thermal Detonators aren’t good in Arena, but since they do percentage damage and the TB mobs have large health pools, using her to bust a pair before they get cleansed can be useful.

....But man did they have a lot of cleanses last time... So it might be moot.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I second dropping greedo. He needs a rework badly.
  • I'd farm Dengar from the guild store because you can get Zam from the fleet store and get both at the same time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    zam, hands down.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • On second thought, drop Zam. I forgot the Accuracy bonus the Wompas get... Her strength is her high dodge, but that’s totally negated.

Her thermal detonators are still strong since they do a percentage damage (and it was real nice to have her and Greedo land detonators, then she popped them when assisting Dengar) but because Wompas AoE daze you’re not goong to get the turn meter from Boba Fett’s leader ability.
  • Just wait for teenage Han in April, or DJ in Feb
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Dengar takes more Carbanti. Go Zam. She is essential to that team and I’d argue Greedo is similarly important.

Zam gets overlooked because Thermal Detonators aren’t good in Arena, but since they do percentage damage and the TB mobs have large health pools, using her to bust a pair before they get cleansed can be useful.

Plus tm boost under boba lead
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    to me the question was between dengar or cad. zam and greedo's thermal detonators work wonderfully with zam's basic.

last DS TB i tried dengar and found his higher health and slower speed to be detrimental. plus this aoe will simply cause wampas to counter him....

cad bane at least has that stun move. when used at the right moment can be helpful. Using him at least this go around i can complete the special mission with definitely relatively under geared Bounty Hunters
  • Definitely keep bane, I had Greedo and Zam but never got a thermal to explode cuz they just cleansed them everytime also, I always used Greedo and Zams move right after the other so it only took one cleanse
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    On second thought, drop Zam. I forgot the Accuracy bonus the Wompas get... Her strength is her high dodge, but that’s totally negated.

Her thermal detonators are still strong since they do a percentage damage (and it was real nice to have her and Greedo land detonators, then she popped them when assisting Dengar) but because Wompas AoE daze you’re not goong to get the turn meter from Boba Fett’s leader ability.

later on you're not fighting wampas anymore. I definately recommend zam, she gets the job done vs wampa's aswell.
    i use Boba (L) g11, ig88 g11, zam g10, dengar and greedo g7. Modded for potency (and speed ofcourse). cleared the special mission and 4/4 in the combat mission.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    On second thought, drop Zam. I forgot the Accuracy bonus the Wompas get... Her strength is her high dodge, but that’s totally negated.

later on you're not fighting wampas anymore. I definately recommend zam, she gets the job done vs wampa's aswell.
    i use Boba (L) g11, ig88 g11, zam g10, dengar and greedo g7. Modded for potency (and speed ofcourse). cleared the special mission and 4/4 in the combat mission.

Yeah, for the Combat Mission go Zam all the way. But for that Special Mission, oy...... Big dumb Wompas...
    Ender22 wrote: »

I used Zam and Greedo in the Credit Heist for awhile, but all those cleanses makes getting the detonator train rolling pretty tough - perhaps if you get the right turn order with Boba's AOE first you can make something happen, but it's tough sledding.
  • Plus, those detonators were designed before protection was a thing. Newer toons basic for far more damage than Zam plus detonators. Those detonators barely do anything.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    Plus, those detonators were designed before protection was a thing. Newer toons basic for far more damage than Zam plus detonators. Those detonators barely do anything.
    Against normal characters, yes. But against elites and bosses, like the Wompas, they do good damage. It's a % hit to health, so the more health they have the more damage is done. Unfortunately Wompas also get a boatload of temporary protection at the drop of a hat, so normally you're just breaking through that...

And since the Rebel mobs have a lot of cleanses on them, you get double-screwed because those detonators aren't likely to actually go off... Incredibly frustrating. In both Bounty Hunter battles they basically picked everything that gives Bounty Hunters trouble and threw it in there. Blegh.
    And since the Rebel mobs have a lot of cleanses on them, you get double-screwed because those detonators aren't likely to actually go off... Incredibly frustrating. In both Bounty Hunter battles they basically picked everything that gives Bounty Hunters trouble and threw it in there. Blegh.

Dont you feel a sense of accomplishment?
  • Zolaz wrote: »

Dont you feel a sense of accomplishment?

Well, I would, except my Boba and IG-88 are G10 and 11, but the rest of my guys are G7... I should be losing anyway.
  • Just wait for a decent bh to come...
  • Dengar has more survivability but more annoying gear wise I hear
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The master strat for bounty hunters is to rotate between cad and dengar. Dengar goes in if you have to deal with tenacity up, otherwise it's Cad.

Starting turn order NEEDS to be: Cad, 88, Dengar, Boba, Greedo, Zam. (could swap boba and greedo, but the others are set in stone)

Cad stuns counterattacker turn 1, 88 wipes foresight or drops defense down on everyone to trigger cleanses/tenacity up, Dengar counteracts tenacity up, boba wipes taunt, greedo drops tds, zam wipes out all greedo's tds with her basic, then drops her own tds.

It's a pain in the rear to set up that order due to their speeds being how they are, but it is worth it. If you have low gear, stack potency like mad to make them tanky as you can. If they are g12 with a medpack, do a crit damage set with a potency set and cross.