Territory War Preview Phase Discussion

As an officer of a guild, I am starting to notice a few players sometimes miss joining the war because they got busy or simply forgot. While I realize the intent of the Preview phase is meant to make sure only active members join, I think the war should just take the guild as a whole. I think if there are inactive players in the guild, it should be left to the officers to decide if they need to kick that player. By removing the Preview phase, it makes one less thing the officers have to remind the guild about and it gives you as a player one less thing to remember to do. I’m curious how the rest of the community feels about the Territory War Preview phase and if you guys think this is something that should be changed.

Replies

• Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Let's say that happens and TW takes your guild as a whole (50 players), out of the 50 players in your guild, let's say 30 are active. Your guild's GP is 100m, but without the other 20 members, it's only 50m, yet you got matched against a 100m gp guild because of your suggestion =)
  • I'm not sure about the auto-join, but they definitely need to rename it. Maybe they should call it Enlist or something. Preview isn't accurate and misleads people into thinking there's no action necessary.
  • Please, remove 25 signing limit, let us play accordingly to total GP. Remove first fase.
  • Yuri wrote: »
    Let's say that happens and TW takes your guild as a whole (50 players), out of the 50 players in your guild, let's say 30 are active. Your guild's GP is 100m, but without the other 20 members, it's only 50m, yet you got matched against a 100m gp guild because of your suggestion =)
    I understand that concern however if there are that many inactives then clearly those guild leaders/officers need to remove those players. I would expect majority of the players are active if not all and it should be left to the guild officers to determine if they need to remove players that are inactive. But to be completely left out because life got in the way and you forgot to join the war sucks.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I disagree, i like the option to not join if i don't have time to play.
    If you're not active enough to join, fat chance you're also not active enough to participate.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DaGhost141 wrote: »
    Yuri wrote: »
    I understand that concern however if there are that many inactives then clearly those guild leaders/officers need to remove those players. I would expect majority of the players are active if not all and it should be left to the guild officers to determine if they need to remove players that are inactive. But to be completely left out because life got in the way and you forgot to join the war sucks.

I’m in a mid range guild that has a pretty high variance on GP. If everyone was auto registered and by chance three of our strongest members were disposed for whatever reason, that’s a guaranteed loss. As an officer I’d rather herd the willing and fight a fairly matched fight than not herd and potentially lose because some folks wanted to go camping. I’m not mad that my guildies aren’t living life in-game and take breaks and I don’t want to have to kick people because they’re gonna miss a couple of events. The way it’s set up is fine for life management, and it cuts down on the constant demand this game already has.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Actually, i'd like to see an option for the officers to choose it. Let us decide whether we want to set auto join or not.
    Ofc that would leave the preparation phase mandatory, but I still think that'd be better.
    Res non verba
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    No different than registering for raids. And better rewards.

Silly not to, has a pretty big window.
  • The closest equivalent I have seen is Clash of Clans. In that game, members can set an indicator whether they are interested in participating in the next war or not, and it’s up to the leader or officer to then pick who they want in the war. This could work here.
  • Buddy wrote: »
    The closest equivalent I have seen is Clash of Clans. In that game, members can set an indicator whether they are interested in participating in the next war or not, and it’s up to the leader or officer to then pick who they want in the war. This could work here.
    I like this idea.
  • Buddy wrote: »
    The closest equivalent I have seen is Clash of Clans. In that game, members can set an indicator whether they are interested in participating in the next war or not, and it’s up to the leader or officer to then pick who they want in the war. This could work here.

So the guild leader gets to decide who gets rewards for participating? No. Just, no.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Buddy wrote: »

So the guild leader gets to decide who gets rewards for participating? No. Just, no.

Why not? If I want to win but I’ve got people signing up and then contributing zero, then I can keep them from spoiling it for others. If I want to load the whole guild in in order to bump to a different rewards range and just take the loss, I can do that too. The ‘I’m available/I’m not available’ is just a good way give an idea to the leader/officer what kind of war to expect and plan accordingly, and Works well as both carrot & stick
  • Officers need a way to kick players out of the TW just prior to player lock. We are having problems with fringe players who sign up, then earn only 10 or 20 banners. We need a time out between sign-up and game start for officers to weed these people out.