Ackbar and Ewok Elder's heal ability not removing all debuffs - any news?

There's a few threads that keep coming up mentioning this inability to remove the healing immunity debuffs (and sometimes the regular dot damage).

I use both units and they regularly fail to remove all debuffs on allies as described in the ability.

Is this bug in the queue to be corrected? Any news?
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE

Replies

• I think the problem lies with the debuffs, not the special abilities. Sid's heal immunity always persists, but Akbar will remove other heal immunities and dots. I agree this is a huge pain. It makes Akbar and EE almost useless against a squad with Sid. I hope they correct this bug soon. Seems pretty simple, especially considering some of the other changes they are making.
  • Comment on someone else's post so it is more high traffic and they see it. Making your own threads is exactly why things never get seen. Flooding them with the same question doesn't have the same power as standing behind someone else's post and adding your bit. Just makes it harder for the developers to pinpoint what the bigger issues are.
    Agreed though they need to tell us that it can't do that if it can't or fix it if it is supposed to. Too much left unsaid for how much people dish out for this app.
  • They know.
  • I wish they would maintain a list of acknowledged bugs in a pinned post in this section. So we would exactly stop asking for said acknowledgement. Tagging @EA_Jesse for this suggestion.

Then they can get their mods to merge similar threads here too (and make decent titles for those).

The search function on this forum is not that great, and then you get some flames for necro'ing threads too.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    +1
  • can anyone confirm if Lobot has the same problem as Ackbar and Ewok Elder?
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • This is by far my biggest frustration. I was very excited about Ewok Elder when I saw his heal/cleanse ability and then got enough shards to take him to 5 stars to make leveling him worth it. But with that ability only removing a single dot per character and leaving everything else, it's garbage. I'm really **** about all the time and resources I put into what is a benched character which could have gone into one of several good characters I don't have the resources to level.

PLEASE let us know if this is any kind of priority or if it's at the bottom of a long list of other character bugs. Clearly you guys know how to fix it... Rex' cleanse seems to work just fine. Is this strategic? Are they intentionally keeping this ability non-functional?
  • Wow... Whomever set the dictionary of sensored words here is a massive prude.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Well? Do you guys even know about this bug?
  • Gold_Leader
    36 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The bug wasn't fixed in the last update, though it was on the list of known issues. Apparently it was no problem to turn Greedo into a glass cannon, though.

Is it too much to ask that long standing bugs that significantly affect game play be addressed before or at least concurrently with balancing characters and adding new content?
    Post edited by Gold_Leader on
  • As long as some of these bugs sit out there is just embarrassing. Heck, I am embarrassed for them.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Agreed it's embarrassing.

Ackbar's problem seems mostly with the heal immunity, whereas Ewok Elder cannot remove all the dots in some cases (on top of the healing immunity debuff).
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • The issue is any debuff that can have its duration increased by upgrading a skill (for example: Sideous's Deathstroke at levels 1-4 has a heal immunity debuff duration of 2 rounds, and it can be removed perfectly fine. However, at level 5, Deathstroke extends the duration to 3 rounds, and it no longer can get cleansed).

After these have had their durations upgraded, it's as if the cleanse abilities no longer recognize them as debuffs.

This accounts for the vast majority of the issues with cleanses not removing all debuffs, but there are a few other situations (involving multiple applications of the same debuff). Either way, if they fixed the first issue, it'd help with the bulk of the problem.
  • Mith
    15 posts Member
    SinnerWill wrote: »
    The issue is any debuff that can have its duration increased by upgrading a skill (for example: Sideous's Deathstroke at levels 1-4 has a heal immunity debuff duration of 2 rounds, and it can be removed perfectly fine. However, at level 5, Deathstroke extends the duration to 3 rounds, and it no longer can get cleansed).

After these have had their durations upgraded, it's as if the cleanse abilities no longer recognize them as debuffs.

This accounts for the vast majority of the issues with cleanses not removing all debuffs, but there are a few other situations (involving multiple applications of the same debuff). Either way, if they fixed the first issue, it'd help with the bulk of the problem.

This! Very well explained.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Please acknowledge that this is not simply known, but is a top priority and being actively worked on. Because if it's not, I think we should be given a chance to let you know what we think of that. In my opinion, any work on any aspect of the game ahead of massive bugs like this is entirely unacceptable.
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    Geddre wrote: »
    Please acknowledge that this is not simply known, but is a top priority and being actively worked on. Because if it's not, I think we should be given a chance to let you know what we think of that. In my opinion, any work on any aspect of the game ahead of massive bugs like this is entirely unacceptable.

I don't think anybody from CG/EA reads anything here. That guy that cleanse the bathrooms and sweeps at their office sometimes will post some seriously ill-informed gibberish here, but he always gets flamed when players explains to him that what he is saying makes no sense and then the person disappears.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    I suspect if they are not ack-ing something so obvious then they don't have the knowledge or resource to fix. This game does feel like it has a dev team of two people doesn't it...