Darth maul

I really feel his kit needs a rework.

Maul is a defensive fighter that uses speed and agility. He should be fast and nimble not slow, squishy and powerful.

Yes I understand it's a game, and movies don't translate to game, but atleast to me, maul seem the farthest away from his actual character.

I feel he should have low health, but should be fast, and able to dodge ( Like sid ). Hit around med range. Maybe some type of gaining dodge or defense the way dooku gets turn meter.

These are just my opionins, but wondering if others feel the same

Replies

• Options
    His skills are fine. He's just way too slow to be useful.
  • Options
    He needs enough health to survive 2 AoEs.
  • Options
    he is too slow and has terrible health.

he needs major overhaul.
  • Options
    Need a lot more speed
  • Options
    I could deal with his health if he were faster and able to dodge better. But at least two of these have to be fix wether it's health and dodge, or health and speed or anything. He has to be fixed or having him is basically pointless
  • Options
    I just wish they would add him in the Cantina Battles :(

My 4* with purple gear is quickly becoming obsolete..
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    I really feel his kit needs a rework.

Maul is a defensive fighter that uses speed and agility. He should be fast and nimble not slow, squishy and powerful.

Yes I understand it's a game, and movies don't translate to game, but atleast to me, maul seem the farthest away from his actual character.

I feel he should have low health, but should be fast, and able to dodge ( Like sid ). Hit around med range. Maybe some type of gaining dodge or defense the way dooku gets turn meter.

These are just my opionins, but wondering if others feel the same

I've seen him be very useful as leader in a full Sith squad. Giving evade and turn meter to his whole team. The team wasn't even maxed out and took 1st.

Having said that he should be balanced so he works in more than just one specific set up. Honestly no player should be under 110 speed lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Does his leader buff even works at all? Everytime I've tried haven't seen Siths evading at all and consequently not gaining turn meter.
    I have the impression his Evade leadership buff it's bugged and doesn't work, same as Dooku's.
  • Options
    I want a nerf on this Maul.. 10k damage at lvl 65 is too much
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    AKK889 wrote: »
    Does his leader buff even works at all? Everytime I've tried haven't seen Siths evading at all and consequently not gaining turn meter.
    I have the impression his Evade leadership buff it's bugged and doesn't work, same as Dooku's.

Are all your sith maxed out? I have no idea if Darth Maul's is broken but the recent video I saw it worked just fine. And Duku's works for sure, people have been using him as lead in my server and I functions just fine when i'm facing him.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • AKK889
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    eBitzu wrote: »

10k damage...? Sorry could you elaborate a bit more? Not that I doubt you, but I rarely see that damage myself. I've seen it maybe once against a low lvl Lumi and had offense up and 3 of the enemy team dead.
    To be honest, it wouldn't make any difference if it was Maul or any other toon who attacked. The real job was done by Dooku, Sid, Rey and FOTP.
    If you think Maul needs a nerf with it's health at 8921, his speed at 94 and his damage only shining against Jedis.. well, I find it quite strange.

Against any other toon than Jedis, his damage is more like 3.5k on crits.

We would need to see what level and gear had the Jedi, and what other buffs Maul had to do that crit.
    Yeah I guess it's not impossible, but I can tell you that is not the damage he does on on-level & gear enemies.
    Are all your sith maxed out? I have no idea if Darth Maul's is broken but the recent video I saw it worked just fine. And Duku's works for sure, people have been using him as lead in my server and I functions just fine when i'm facing him.

Yeah, lvl70, 7* and VIII gear. Leader ability is not maxed though, mine is at 15% Evade. I assure you I can consider myself lucky if my siths evade once in a fight. Either is bugged or that 15% Evade is not enough to make any difference and compete with Sid/QGJ/Phasma as leaders.

• Options
    A char that can make a 10k crit is ****.. sorry I didn't record that particular game but think that there was a Luke, a Sid and a GS in their team.. so when Maul hit QGJ with 80% health he instantly died and after that he took JC that was low hp, so 2 Jedis in 1 turn.. and you think he's not buffed?

Usually in a squad arena battle you have 2-3 max chars that you need to quick burst them down or get wipped.. Maul was that 3rd char.. that wiped half of my team
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options

10k damage...? Sorry could you elaborate a bit more? Not that I doubt you, but I rarely see that damage myself. I've seen it maybe once against a low lvl Lumi and had offense up and 3 of the enemy team dead.
    To be honest, it wouldn't make any difference if it was Maul or any other toon who attacked. The real job was done by Dooku, Sid, Rey and FOTP.
    If you think Maul needs a nerf with it's health at 8921, his speed at 94 and his damage only shining against Jedis.. well, I find it quite strange.

Against any other toon than Jedis, his damage is more like 3.5k on crits.

We would need to see what level and gear had the Jedi, and what other buffs Maul had to do that crit.
    Yeah I guess it's not impossible, but I can tell you that is not the damage he does on on-level & gear enemies.

Yeah, lvl70, 7* and VIII gear. Leader ability is not maxed though, mine is at 15% Evade. I assure you I can consider myself lucky if my siths evade once in a fight. Either is bugged or that 15% Evade is not enough to make any difference and compete with Sid/QGJ/Phasma as leaders.

That sucks, I'm assuming it would work well against Jedi but that's not very consistent. Not to mention he should be viable elsewhere in a squad but as is he's way to slow to go anywhere else. I agree that he doe's need some work, I would say go faster and hit not as hard would be a good balance. And obviously fix his leader ability if it's not working as intended.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    A char that can make a 10k crit is ****.. sorry I didn't record that particular game but think that there was a Luke, a Sid and a GS in their team.. so when Maul hit QGJ with 80% health he instantly died and after that he took JC that was low hp, so 2 Jedis in 1 turn.. and you think he's not buffed?

Usually in a squad arena battle you have 2-3 max chars that you need to quick burst them down or get wipped.. Maul was that 3rd char.. that wiped half of my team

Honestly I run a F2P Jedi team and I really don't think he's anything to be concerned about with such slow speed.

And as far as damage, with Offense up my 5* Yoda crits for over 9000 and Luminar blast over 10000. FOTP hits for 9-10k and so on..
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

QGJ has 10.5k Health at level 70 and maxed. If I understood right, yours is lvl 65 so might not even get to 9k Health.
    If he was at 80% then he DIDN'T crit for 10k, more like 7k-8k which is the max crit I see him do on Jedis. Yes, he does hit hard on Jedis. Only on Jedis.

Please compare this to Rey's 10-13k hits, or GS+assist or even QGJ damage + assist. And please, compare his Health too. And finally compare his Speed.

I get your point mate, but it was a huge misplay from your side to let ALL your toons attack without killing him. He falls like a fly, and probably you had enough with QGJ + assist to kill him. If Maul is in the other team and you are playing Jedis, he is #1 priority.

And then he would have never crit Jinn for 8k.
    And then he would have never killed a low health Jedi.

Just a reference on what's **** imo:
    Rey (143 speed, 10.1k Health, 13k hits to any toon), GS (149 speed, 12.3k Health, 10k crits to any toon).
    I could go on with the list, since the toons that deal about the same damage to any toon with tons of more health and speed is endless (literally, because Maul is at the bottom of any list).

Now Maul: 94 speed, 8921 Health, 8k crit only on Jedis.

• Options

QGJ has 10.5k Health at level 70 and maxed. If I understood right, yours is lvl 65 so might not even get to 9k Health.
    If he was at 80% then he DIDN'T crit for 10k, more like 7k-8k which is the max crit I see him do on Jedis. Yes, he does hit hard on Jedis. Only on Jedis.

Please compare this to Rey's 10-13k hits, or GS+assist or even QGJ damage + assist. And please, compare his Health too. And finally compare his Speed.

I get your point mate, but it was a huge misplay from your side to let ALL your toons attack without killing him. He falls like a fly, and probably you had enough with QGJ + assist to kill him. If Maul is in the other team and you are playing Jedis, he is #1 priority.

And then he would have never crit Jinn for 8k.
    And then he would have never killed a low health Jedi.

Just a reference on what's **** imo:
    Rey (143 speed, 10.1k Health, 13k hits to any toon), GS (149 speed, 12.3k Health, 10k crits to any toon).
    I could go on with the list, since the toons that deal about the same damage to any toon with tons of more health and speed is endless (literally, because Maul is at the bottom of any list).

Now Maul: 94 speed, 8921 Health, 8k crit only on Jedis.

Well put!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Sorry, but when have you ever seen maul go off on anyone. Maul is the easiest to kill in the whole game. no Dodge, worst tenacity, armor and the worst hit points in the game. No chance against today's meta

Overall never used for a top end chatacter
  • Options
    Maul should definitely have a faster turn meter, should be faster than Dooku in my opinion. Dooku was more of the slower defensive fighter than Darth Maul was.
  • Options

Maul hits 10k at very low speed. That's op?

GS hits for over 10k is fast and higher HP
    Qgj can hit for over 10k, one of the fastest in game
    FOTP can hit over 10k, slow but faster than maul, and has more HP
    Rey can hit over 10k and one of the fastest in game.
    Ig 88 with poggle buff can hit your whole team for 10k each

And you say maul is op
  • Options
    People who say Darth Maul needs a major rework are missing the point of Maul. He is a high risk high reward character. If you are facing Jedi and he gets a chance to attack he can be devastating but outside of that he is going to die before he can attack. This is the type of Character that should only be in Chromium packs. Super useful in the right situation.

1. Yes, he is slow and it would be nice to see him a little faster but if he became too fast he would be overpowered and people would be wanting him nerf'd because only whales can get him. I have seen Maul take out similar level Lumi and JC in one turn. His slow speed requires Jedi teams to focus on him first. Even Non-Jedi teams need to worry about him because with the correct strategy he hits in bunches.

2. His health is low but just like his speed if he always survived the first wave of attacks he would have the same effect as high speed, taking out 1 or 2 characters in one of his turns.

3. He already has built in with his leadership ability a chance to survive more. 17.5% evade is really good. With most people having Sid they make a great pair. Sid becomes impossible to kill for Jedi and Maul gets a much better chance to attack.

With all that said no major changes need to be made but if changes were going to be made i would like to see something like:

% Revive, He was sliced in half and came back with spider legs I think that having that ability would not just be useful but match his character history.

His unique ability to change the third bonus of 15% health recover on a hit to become the first bonus and have the Critical chance bonus be after the second defeat. The reason he can take out 2 Jedi in 1 turn is in part because he hits a weak Jedi with basic attack, kills him and gets 100% turn meter. Then gets 20% critical chance hits the 2nd almost full health Jedi and takes him out. Then able to use special and hit everyone. The switching would allow him to kill a player then heal a little with a second player and weaken him but not necessary kill him.

Just my opinion but I think he is a good situation character, like pack elusive characters should be.
  • Options
    High risk for sure. High reward... Hmmm, nope.
    No reward high or low on the lowest Health slowest toon that only does decent damage against Jedis.

The proof of this is how many Mauls you see in the top 5 of each Arena. I'll tell you: 0.
    And this is the time where Arena is full of Jedis, more than ever.
    If you say he's fine, ok, whatever floats your boat. But I suggest you test him in Arena at some point against the flood of Jedis.
  • Options
    Most of you are missing the whole point of this thread I'm not talking about his current skills being good or bad, I saying his toon is nothing like I think it should be. Just like GS should not be what he is in this game, and mace, and Yoda, and so on
  • Options
    My 4* Maul regularly makes it to the end of my GW runs (I'm lvl 70, he's 68 and Gear VII). I shuffle him around so QGJ calls him for an assist on the first attack. Many times this kills Sid or any Jedis 65 or lower in one shot, leading to extra turns for Maul. And with his life steal working I can keep him alive easier than it used to be.

Yeah, he's not in the meta, but he can be a beast when used properly.
  • Options
    m9l6xwu.png

On Luminara and without even Sid leader. He alse gets 100% turn meter + self buffs on killing blow.
    Please buff Darth Maul.
  • Options
    Yeah very cool, let's post video of the rare situation where Maul has a chance to do something and kill 1 Jedi thst we don't know how well geared is, as a proof of anything.
    Come on.

Of course buff Maul. Anyone who has him and play him knows how incredibly bad, slow, squishy and unviable he is.
    Yeah, you can use him in GW as a recycler but you can do the same with pretty much any toon including Mace.
    Please post now a video of Mace exposing removing buffs, getting assist by Phasma leadership and oneshooting a toon. And then post it and claim he is fine. Let's be serious.
  • Options
    I just did one more Arena round of tests and my Maul scored a 6k crit against Top geared Lumi. Usually that is what he hits for against properly geared Jedis. Once I saw an 8k too.
    As I said earlier, we need to see the level of that Lumi that got hit by 10k which Im starting to suspect was incredibly undergeared and underlevel.
  • Options
    nerfing characters SUCK in so many ways.....
  • Options
    Maul is one of the characters that needs a buff the most. He is already unusable in arena. He looks to get worse at the upcoming level caps unless something changes. Too low on speed and one of the lowest on health. His dmg doesn't match the likes of Rey or a few other dps toons that are some of the fastest in game. He doesn't dodge for me when he leads. In fact no one dodges when he is on lead. I feel like lumi's evasion lead is the only one working. Siths are hurting as a viable squad.
  • Options
    Not every Character needs to be good in arena. When people generally talk about buffing characters they want them to be awesome in every area. I have Maul 6* and he is great in GW. I use him in the Arena only when I see a good opportunity vs. Jedi teams.

Looking at how good a character is based on who uses him in the top 5 of arena may be miss guided. A character like Maul may not be in a top 5 lineup for many reasons (Not leveled, Geared, Starred up or not having synergistic team members with him).

Personally I like having specialized characters like Maul that are good for specific situations if used properly. I use him as a leader on a Sith team in GW (Maul, Dooku, Sid, Savage, and Vader) and it is a great team against Jedi. I generally don't use it in arena though because I don't trust the AI to work players in proper combination. I do use it in GW all the time and love the results.
  • Options
    LRMoser wrote: »
    Not every Character needs to be good in arena. When people generally talk about buffing characters they want them to be awesome in every area. I have Maul 6* and he is great in GW. I use him in the Arena only when I see a good opportunity vs. Jedi teams.

Looking at how good a character is based on who uses him in the top 5 of arena may be miss guided. A character like Maul may not be in a top 5 lineup for many reasons (Not leveled, Geared, Starred up or not having synergistic team members with him).

Personally I like having specialized characters like Maul that are good for specific situations if used properly. I use him as a leader on a Sith team in GW (Maul, Dooku, Sid, Savage, and Vader) and it is a great team against Jedi. I generally don't use it in arena though because I don't trust the AI to work players in proper combination. I do use it in GW all the time and love the results.

I will agree that he can be viable in GW due to the AI not focusing him. But it is less and less for me as I don't face many Jedi only teams and most teams at my power are speed dps teams in GW. I use him on a suicide squad but the same can be said for many toons. I can throw chewbacca or ahsoka in and make them work on GW. It doesn't mean they do not need refining. If things stay like they are then after level cap raise there will be toons that basically move twice to his one move.