Magnaguard

So Royal guard seems to be the hit of this patch, but magnaguard seems to be the hidden gem. He gets tons of turn meter reductions and stuns and offense down and seems to be a good fit on droid teams. Assuming you had him 7* and max gear, would you find a spot for him on your team? A poggle(L), 88, 86, MG, RG team seems pretty tough (assuming all 7* max) but easily countered by the awe inspiring dathcha, jawa, ugnaught, eeth team. So what are your thoughts on magnaguard?

Replies

• It would have to be Lobot lead, Poggle, 88, 86, 100, RG.

Even with the speed boost IG-100 is still way too slow.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I've been slowly grooming a Lobot droid team and IG-100 might work as a sub against a very Jedi heavy opponent but I don't see him being a mainstay on my squad.
    Running Lobot gives +23 leadership speed bonus but even with that, MG is too slow. I'm aiming at Lobot (L), 88, 86, HK and either Poggle or Poe In 5th.

MG subbed for Poggle / Poe would give Lobot an extra 5.5% speed and a couple tenacity boost and increase the odds of a droid assist for 86 but without either Poe as meat shield or stacking Poggle speed buff and offense up, I don't see the droids as viable and I'm loth to give up the +23 speed and 10% potency plus the debuff cleanse of Lobot.
    Haven't looked at how MG might work in an HK led droid squad though, perhaps the extra turn meter on any crit from the AoE might help, not sure.
    What would be really useful is a droid healer / attacker on par with Lumi (R2-D2 maybe? Gonk droid? Lol)
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • It would have to be Lobot lead, Poggle, 88, 86, 100, RG.

Even with the speed boost IG-100 is still way too slow.

That's 6 characters. You'd have to drop RG or someone else.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Unless something is done about droid speed I'm going to be dumping mine eventually. Speed is life now.....that or I will go an all glass cannon squad and see what happens....QG lead, RP, GS, 86, 88.
  • Vilancio
    27 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Honestly it's hard to tell even with the patch preview if he'll be any good. I guess the only way to find out is to start starring him up and test him out with Hk/Poggle/Lobot leaders. Still makes you wonder if Disruption and Relentless Assault will make up for his slow speed. If Hk leads and Disruption crits or gets evaded he'll get another turn.
    IG-100 MagnaGuard
    Abilities Reworked
    Basic: Electrostaff Assault
    Base: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 30% chance to inflict Offense Down for 2 turns.
    Special 1: Disruption
    Base: Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 50% chance to remove 30% Turn Meter. MagnaGuard gains 5% Turn Meter for each Jedi enemy, plus an additional 25% for each enemy that Evades this attack.
    Unique: Relentless Assault
    Base: MagnaGuard has +20% Counter Chance. In addition, at the start of each of its turns, if MagnaGuard has not been damaged since the end of its last turn, it gains Speed Up until the start of its next turn.
  • I've got him fully upgraded. He's very good. A fair bit of armour and health means he gets a go after the oppositions alpha strike.
    Mittens wrote: »
    So Royal guard seems to be the hit of this patch, but magnaguard seems to be the hidden gem. He gets tons of turn meter reductions and stuns and offense down and seems to be a good fit on droid teams. Assuming you had him 7* and max gear, would you find a spot for him on your team? A poggle(L), 88, 86, MG, RG team seems pretty tough (assuming all 7* max) but easily countered by the awe inspiring dathcha, jawa, ugnaught, eeth team. So what are your thoughts on magnaguard?

He doesn't have stun.

I currently run all 4 droids and poggle. This team melts face nicely.
    When my Lobot gets to a decent *, I'll probably switch him in instead as HK for leader.
  • I have Magnaguard at 6* (31/100) and max level/gear. Planning on trying him with HK lead, 88, 86, and Geo. Geo has fast speed and calls assist. He will call a droid, if that droid crits they get turn meter and get to go after Geo. If he calls IG-100, 100 goes next and can AOE and possibly reduce turn meter and allow the rest of the team to go. If IG-100, HK, or 88 get multiple crits on their aoes, they fill more turn meter and can go twice in a row. This can lead to some interesting first round actions. Probably won't do well on defense though.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • He's pretty good as an Anti-Jedi character. Currently mine goes last but goes twice. With his update I don't see that going away, only getting better. Plus it gains Speed Up every time it's not attacked which is almost a Taunt yet has a Counter.
    This is definitely a buff for the upcoming inclusion of General Grievous so I wouldn't suggest new/F2P players start farming this one right away. But for those of us who have him on a quickly dying droid team HK-47 and MagnaGuard are salvageable units to counter the new paradigm.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Push2Stops wrote: »
    He's pretty good as an Anti-Jedi character. Currently mine goes last but goes twice. With his update I don't see that going away, only getting better. Plus it gains Speed Up every time it's not attacked which is almost a Taunt yet has a Counter.
    This is definitely a buff for the upcoming inclusion of General Grievous so I wouldn't suggest new/F2P players start farming this one right away. But for those of us who have him on a quickly dying droid team HK-47 and MagnaGuard are salvageable units to counter the new paradigm.

Ohhhhh yeah I forgot about grievous. Hopefully it's an easy farm. I have the shards to get him, but I'd rather not get 2 shards a day. Hopefully it's more like 20 shards for 3000 currency. Depending on his skills, him and MG might be a good fit with 86 and poggle plus a 5th.