Get rid of TW

Prev1
The lack of a legitimate tie breaker is a joke. People are already sandbagging on deployments cause why bother.

Not to mention these back to back Wars are a huge net loss on potential token rewards compared to Territory Battles. All it's doing is effectively slowing our hermit/wompa farms in exchange for what boils down to one zeta.

Replies

• I actually disagree. I like it the way it is. If both sides clear the board, it is because no one set a defense that was capable of stopping the other.
  • On a side note, I understand my opinion is unpopular.
  • Agreed. They could at minimum, increase the amount of Territory currency.
  • Dont think you know what sandbagging means
  • With current game design it's virtually impossible to accomplish a defense that can hold once you get to a certain guild GP. All you can bank on or hope for is enough game crashes on their side to trip them up. A tie breaker needs to be added. Penalties on failed attacks or bonus points to the defensive side. Something...
  • On a side note, I understand my opinion is unpopular.

No, I understand you and mostly agree. The thing I’d disagree on is that once you’re at the tippy-top tier of teams, everyone has enough characters to fill all defense slots and still have enough to do good attacks. The only answer I could see is if you based the number of defense slots on the numer of characters available to each team. That way a 40m guild with 50 players participating wouldn’t have the same number of slots to fill as a 100m guild with 50. Only then are you going to see offenses peter out towards the end.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I wouldn't m8nd a better matching system.
  • That GP is much higher than I thought. We're at 100M GP, and we've won the last two matches. After tying them all before, I was thinking we were too high to win. Apparently not.
  • While I think at some point a hard tiebreaker is necessary, they really just need to make it much harder to execute a total defense sweep. The regions need modifiers to make defense harder to crack.

I primarily mean at high GP brackets here. I understand the lower brackets work fairly well.
  • My guild is 70M GP, so I guess I'm not there yet to experience the inevitable tie. Nonetheless..."wall of fully zetad Phoenix squads" should do the trick.
  • We finished this TB with our 100% win ratio but we have never been pushed harder than we where today. We ran out of steam with 45 minutes to go and I have never felt as much tension and excitement in this game as I did approaching the end of the TW. To lose them would be a tragedy. The best offence is a great defence. Set yourselves up to win and you just might. If you are keeping your best squads for offence you are wasting your time and not wonder you end up with draws.
    I fight the good fight
  • More trooper bonuses per zone would be nice. But the easiest way to avoid a bunch of ties would be to add one single point to any successful defense. Suicide squads to burn cool downs then become a liability adding points to the opposition.

It would force people to use overly powerful offensive squads early on to avoid this penalty and would too likely result in a lot fewer full clear maps.
  • I really like TW. We were in a thriller yesterday. Just won!

Of course, it's not perfect but it's a first release. Give the devs time to fix current issues. This is a very promising new feature for the game :-)
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • I love TW...most fun in the game I have had in awhile. Some tweaks are needed (ala tie breakers) but it's still great.
  • Our GP is in the 50's and we're having a blast. Can't speak to the higher levels, but a tie-breaker does seem simple enough and necessary.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • And I like the fact that there is not too much on the line...I don't need another "must do" event.
  • Tiebreaker: whichever guild has collectively spent more money wins.
  • They need to better balance it. My guild keeps getting curbstomps, in fact the only good thing about this last one is that we didn't get completely wiped. But that still left us with only a few fleets on defense.
  • Three days of TW really only comes down to 5-7 battles - from my oft toted complaint about time in the game - TW is a win, I have to say.
    From general consensus of my guild, it's pretty fun.
    It needs a tie breaker - should have been there from the beginning. CG came back and said we need to set better defense. CG needs to give 1 banner to a defense win - this would also encourage the desired "Do better defense"
    That all being said - it's taking even longer now to get the G12 gear we need, Hoda, and Wampa and watering down the TB investments we make. They really could have waited longer to introduce this, or held off DS TB a LOT LONGER and made sure it was right.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    "Something is broken for ~5% of the player base so let's just get rid of it for everyone."

Ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • At least TW is fun. TB is torture.
  • TB isn't all giggles either but the rewards are fair for time invested. Back to back TW for 5 total days nets 800 tokens for yoda/wompa/gear farming compared to 7-8k for 6 days of TB.

The lack of a tiebreaker is just the tipping point of my annoyance for TW
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You get more than just tokens and the time investment for TW is much smaller.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I actually disagree. I like it the way it is. If both sides clear the board, it is because no one set a defense that was capable of stopping the other.

I agree with you actually, except change "the way it is" to "the way it was". The first 2 were awesome, loved every minute of it. Then some guilds decided to sandbag. The last 2 have been a disaster as the guilds we were matched against was 10mil or so higher than ours. Both times they sent 42 to the battle restricting our defenses to 23. Even though we had the numbers they had the power. Their number of meta defense was to much for us to overcome without completely wiping out our offense. I really hope the devs can find a way to stop this practice and bring TW back to where it was before guilds started pulling this tactic.
  • TW is by far the most fun game mode in swgoh. Getting rid of it would be a terrible idea.
  • TW needs something more... its getting same old same old. Like extra rewards for setting specific units or bonusses for more different teams or something.
  • Ripitrox82 wrote: »
    The lack of a legitimate tie breaker is a joke. People are already sandbagging on deployments cause why bother.

Not to mention these back to back Wars are a huge net loss on potential token rewards compared to Territory Battles. All it's doing is effectively slowing our hermit/wompa farms in exchange for what boils down to one zeta.

Ties only happen, because both guilds save best teams for offense. Simple as that. If you dedicate most resources to defense, it would be much harder for a tie. All in all, the game mode isn't flawless, but the biggest obstacle for it to be very good are players and their lackluster attitude.
    For refference - we tied first match and went all in on defence in next matches. We won all 3 of them. In one we won despite clearing less teams than opponents, but we had 1 more territory done. It was hella fun.
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    TW is by far the most fun game mode in swgoh. Getting rid of it would be a terrible idea.

Agree.
  • One thing ppl are underestimating: it's a blast to actually play using units you normally don't even know they existed. It can be frustrating at times, to go with undergeared ewoks against a g11 phoenix squad, but at the same time it's fun to get to know how to use those units properly. Not to mention - it's a team effort, so if you can't beat a team, just chip away and hope others will finish the job.
    All in all - leave TW alone, let us enjoy it.

+1

My guild agrees with you