Adapting PvP Groups/brackets for returning Players.

Prev1
ResmiHardin1
39 posts Member
edited December 2017
I stoped playing for about 11 month.
After returning it is a Bit gap towards Players that continuously played.
Did anyone Experience the same struggle?
Is there any Way of Making it more challenging for returning Players?
Would it be possibel to put Players together with similar days of login or Number of raids?
ATM i have to compete with guys having had 300-400 Raids me having had 90.
What do you Think?
Cheers MasterHedge

Replies

• Twi
    209 posts Member
    I hear you. I took about a year break and it’s crazy the GP gap on my shard. But not sure what the right answer is...
  • answer is.....start a new account?
  • I took 18 months off I can break top 100 in arena after 3 months. Ships on the other hand didn't exist when I last played and is almost pointless trying. Maybe in another 6 months I can complete in ship arena.
  • Ferret2112 wrote: »
    answer is.....start a new account?

+1
  • Randall wrote: »
    I took 18 months off I can break top 100 in arena after 3 months. Ships on the other hand didn't exist when I last played and is almost pointless trying. Maybe in another 6 months I can complete in ship arena.

I'm in this situation now. Just started back last week when they gave me a 7* Rey for buying a Google play card. Excited to see the changes but stuck so far down all the shards
  • Well. That Account i invested money in. The idea of starting a new one and Throwing Away that Money spend is Insane. Customer service pls.
  • Just keep at it everyday do everything, be in a decent guild. Focus on getting your arena team to g12 . Check out what you need for the new legendary dudes. 6 months or less and you can be back on top
  • Idk man. It is l7ke it is that the disadvantage seems incredible.
    Really i wonder why there is no decent explanation about adapting those gamemechanics towards a more enjoyable perspective. I know this game is a Pay to Win. Though i Still expect some Fairness in a Way.
    It seems that there is not Really a Mechanic that encourages People to come back.
    Further more the unfairness in Pricing you resposnded to in my other Post.
    The Feedback i received so far from customer Relationship Management is nothing more than words without any Content.
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.
  • You messed up by quitting the game when you did. Now you're far behind and what help?

Good luck with that.
    The world is watching as I take my last breathe.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Idk man. It is l7ke it is that the disadvantage seems incredible.
    Really i wonder why there is no decent explanation about adapting those gamemechanics towards a more enjoyable perspective. I know this game is a Pay to Win. Though i Still expect some Fairness in a Way.
    It seems that there is not Really a Mechanic that encourages People to come back.
    The Feedback i received so far from customer Relationship Management is nothing more than words without any Content.
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

The business model of the game is based around motivating people to log in every day multiple times a day out of fear that they will fall behind if they don't. Mechanics that make it easy to come back and catch up after taking breaks would counteract that.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    See it as a fun challenge. If you play consistently you will slowly climb again.

If you're foresighted, when new toons ate released you could unlock new META toons just as easily (or hard) as your competitors.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

The business model of the game is based around motivating people to log in every day multiple times a day out of fear that they will fall behind if they don't. Mechanics that make it easy to come back and catch up after taking breaks would counteract that.

So your advice is to either never Stop or never come back?

There is a lot Potential in reworking the ladder System.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

That's true, but that has nothing to do with catering to returning players.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui wrote: »
    See it as a fun challenge. If you play consistently you will slowly climb again.

If you're foresighted, when new toons ate released you could unlock new META toons just as easily (or hard) as your competitors.

You are right. About unlocking new Meta
    Waqui wrote: »

Thats the game, prepare for what may come.
    However if you know the game?,
    Rewards are Related to ur gp. Since the guys at top have Double my gp, they get better Rewards.
    Further more they have mist of the required toons allready geared up.
    If i do the Math, there is no Way to be competitive within my Arena shard and Fleet Arena shard without spending huge.
    Talking about thausands.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

Many people leave and come back, and they slog through the time to get to a point where they can catch up and get into a better position.

Any system that would benefit people who stopped playing, devalues the time people spend in game, and time = money. It would also open the door to abuse, people who don't like their shard take a short break and get placed in what would most likely be a less competitive one.

IMHO
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If i do the Math, there is no Way to be competitive within my Arena shard and Fleet Arena shard without spending huge.
    Talking about thausands.

What math is that? Seems to me you only need 5 toons to compete in arena, not an entire roster.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

That seems Short minded.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

Many people leave and come back, and they slog through the time to get to a point where they can catch up and get into a better position.

Any system that would benefit people who stopped playing, devalues the time people spend in game, and time = money. It would also open the door to abuse, people who don't like their shard take a short break and get placed in what would most likely be a less competitive one.

IMHO

Not talking about benefiting People that leave and come back.
    The scenario you discribe would not Pass decisionmakers.
    It seems you have no Solution to this Problem. That doesnt mean there isnt one.
    Fact is there is a lot Potential for Improvement.
  • leef wrote: »
    Talking about thausands.

What math is that? Seems to me you only need 5 toons to compete in arena, not an entire roster.

it would take 2 long to explain the game to u.
    Start it and u will find out urselve. Ist a Fun game if you dont do mistake early on and can keep up the pase.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Talking about thausands.

it would take 2 long to explain the game to u.
    Start it and u will find out urselve. Ist a Fun game if you dont do mistake early on and can keep up the pase.

I'm open minded. I'm curious to see the math you're talking about. Just assume i know the game and point out where i'm wrong.
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

IMHO

What s the Potential for Improvement. Also arent you talking about people who leave and come back?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

IMHO

If someone can leave and come back and not have to face the same shard they left, then yes you are talking about a benefit to people who do so.

I was not trying to propose a solution, mainly because I don't see a problem. People who play at a constant pace have an advantage over those who dont. That is the way it should be.
  • Caracters need to be geared.
    U Need other characters to unlock Meta characters.
    Teritory wars/battless grant Currency and Gear.
    The Rewards are Related to Guild Performance.
    If u cannot perform as expected because of Lack of toons/Gear u cannot take part with top Guilds.

An example. I got atm 1.4 Million gp. Some other Active guy with the same Number of raids than me (100 raids) has 600k gp. He didnt spend couple of grant.
    My Guild has 70 Million gp

The top 100 in my Arena shard have 2.5 to 3.5 Million gp. 300 to 400 raids. Their Guilds have often over 100 Mio gp towards 150 Mio gp.
    With that amount of gp the Rewards are a lot better.
    Zetas are more easy to obtain.
    As a result to put it simple, if a new toon comes out , it will take a lot longer for me to gear and Zeta him up.
    And it will be a higher Proportion of my income.

Since i got to Take Care for other required characters, i have to Split my Resources more than them.

So how can i become competitive within my shard long term without Cashing a grand a month or more.
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

IMHO

If someone can leave and come back and not have to face the same shard they left, then yes you are talking about a benefit to people who do so.

I was not trying to propose a solution, mainly because I don't see a problem. People who play at a constant pace have an advantage over those who dont. That is the way it should be.

Read something about Marketing and Economics and u may adapt ur point of view.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2018

So how can i become competitive within my shard long term without Cashing a grand a month or more.

With lazer focus.
    The biggest disadvantage you're having is inferior mods.
    Keep in mind, the overwhelming majority of players aren'tt able to compete for top ranks in the first place.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Caracters need to be geared.
    If u cannot perform as expected because of Lack of toons/Gear u cannot take part with top Guilds.

An example. I got atm 1.4 Million gp. Some other Active guy with the same Number of raids than me (100 raids) has 600k gp. He didnt spend couple of grant.

The top 100 in my Arena shard have 2.5 to 3.5 Million gp. 300 to 400 raids. Their Guilds have often over 100 Mio gp towards 150 Mio gp.
    As a result to put it simple, if a new toon comes out , it will take a lot longer for me to gear and Zeta him up.

Since i got to Take Care for other required characters, i have to Split my Resources more than them.

Focus, hoarding and a lot of research.

It's hard as a f2p to keep up with p2p, but it can be done. If you are not able to pay, you may not be able to keep up with them. That is the advantage they pay for.

I'm sure some of the players in your shard have not taken breaks and have been able to keep up. It is the nature of the game, but that doesn't mean you can't make up for lost time, but it will take time (or money) to do so. There are no instant rewards in this game, which is why I was saying I don't think there should be an "instant reward" to someone who takes a break.

We all have to deal with the grind and most of us want to be in the top of our shard, it is "hard work" but we all make the choices necessary to get what we want out of the game.

I promise you it can be done without paying a penny, but like I said, focus, hoarding and alot of research will be what's necessary to keep you flexible as a f2p. Flexibility is key to catch the next great toon and push up to the top.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Sometimes even Nonsense!
    Really disapointing.

IMHO

What s the Potential for Improvement. Also arent you talking about people who leave and come back?

Indeed i was talking about returning Players.
    The potential for Improvement is a more competitive ladder System.
    I would take part in a Project like this.

It's hard as a f2p to keep up with p2p, but it can be done. If you are not able to pay, you may not be able to keep up with them. That is the advantage they pay for.

I'm sure some of the players in your shard have not taken breaks and have been able to keep up. It is the nature of the game, but that doesn't mean you can't make up for lost time, but it will take time (or money) to do so. There are no instant rewards in this game, which is why I was saying I don't think there should be an "instant reward" to someone who takes a break.

We all have to deal with the grind and most of us want to be in the top of our shard, it is "hard work" but we all make the choices necessary to get what we want out of the game.

I promise you it can be done without paying a penny, but like I said, focus, hoarding and alot of research will be what's necessary to keep you flexible as a f2p. Flexibility is key to catch the next great toon and push up to the top.

Quite confused that u quote me here and do not Relate to anything i said.
    This looks like a Standard, prewritten dont gives up stuff
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You ask how. That's how, but changing the game to suit players who may not want to play as much is not really the point of having an arena. The internal rank based rewards already put people into tiers based on performance, why to then break it down further seems counter productive.

You ask how. That's how, but changing the game to suit players who may not want to play as much is not really the point of having an arena. The internal rank based rewards already put people into tiers based on performance, why to then break it down further seems counter productive.

Well, i do not want an Argument with you. Still if u want your replies get taken Serious u should not wrote Standard Motivational stuff