Need help beating GK/Zarriss combo

I'm on a year or so old shard and a top 20 player. There's been a big surge of GK/Zarriss teams. Specifically GK, Zarriss, Nilly, Thrawn and R2 all maxed all zetas. I used to run sith with nihilus SA ST dooku and palps. Now I run a cls team. ZzCLS, żzR2, zATF, K2 and cassian all g12. I'm having a real hard time with GK zarriss. Almost always timing out. Can't get past kenobi. I got a good roster alot of options that need abit of work but I wanna know what's best before gearing anyone up. What's the community thoughts on beating this team?? Any help appreciated

Replies

• Darth Nihilus
    J.T. Rey
  • You need heavier hitters, better crit dmg mods and faster ones wouldn't hurt either
  • Depending on whether Thrawn is faster than Poe and R2 out of the gate, the Resistance breezes through GK/Zarriss squads, especially if you throw Rey's Zeta on her as well. I run zFinn(L), Poe( currently 251 Speed), double Zeta R2, zRey, and RT, and unless the GK/Zarriss teams have Raid Han or a very fast Thrawn I always win, and even then I sometimes pull it off. Buff Immunity on GK, Daze and/or Stun Zarriss, then pick the rest apart, easy peasy. I understand that building a full G11/G12 Resistance squad may not be the answer you'd hoped for, but it's what I've found to work.
  • Raid Han helps a lot, so if you have him available. Buff immunity on GK, then focus down zariss. don't let her get a turn, and don't remove the crit immunity from her. Raid Han helps a lot cause of his TM removal on primary, zeta is even better. You need to time it so R2 won't stealth her either. If GK is going to get a turn to cleanse, stun him with R2.

I take out zariss teams a lot with that strategy (roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/stained_cellophane/). Sometimes you can burn down the extra characters and then focus on GK/zariss. It's all about using GK's crit immunity he gives characters to their detriment. As you do more damage, Gear 12 Han with a bayonet, you can even burn through most GKs with zariss's heals going.
  • But yeah, for the tough ones before I upped the damage output on my team I'd bring in DN as a last resort.
  • If you're using the standard meta team now, fracture on GK, don't buff immunity Zarriss, focus fire down on Zarriss. Done.
  • Thx for help guys. I do have a semi decent resistance team at g10-11. My Finn is zeta and I can get Poe speed too 265. So I'll try that when I get them too g11-12. What's the ideal resistance team for arena now? I do got new rey at g11 zeta on insight. Was thinking Finn lead with Poe RT bb8 and new rey? Or is old school better with RP or scavenger rey?
  • I can beat g12 gk/zbariss pretty easy with:
    Wedge, biggs, han zolo, r2, gk
    And i dont even have crit damage mods, but it would help.

I dont even kill bariss first, she dies last and is the hardest to kill.
    Wedge and han zolo are the hardest hitters there.
    I could probably take out GK and add another heavy hitter like leia (or CLS when i get him) and kill them even faster

ATF is a problem because of her multiple small hits that end up giving health or almost.