Tie Breaker Update

Can we get an update, or at least confirmation that something is still being looked at for tie breakers in TW?

I say this because our guild (125m GP) had about 10 people that only set defensive teams and didn't even attack, or only attacked once. I want to make sure CG knows that if there are less ties happening now, it is not because the problem is fixed. it is because they have created apathy towards the content that was just released.

Replies

• Options
    they aren't going to fix this for you. you need to create even better defensive teams so that when you do win you'll feel a tremendous amount of pride and accomplishment.
  • Options
    gunff wrote: »
    Can we get an update, or at least confirmation that something is still being looked at for tie breakers in TW?

I say this because our guild (125m GP) had about 10 people that only set defensive teams and didn't even attack, or only attacked once. I want to make sure CG knows that if there are less ties happening now, it is not because the problem is fixed. it is because they have created apathy towards the content that was just released.

#Confirmed - the Tie Breaker fix IS ::drumroll:: Apathy. They fixed it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i think it's fair to assume the "tie issue" is alot smaller than orginally thought. We tied our first TW, adjusted our strategy (as did our opponents) and never tied again. Neither us, or our enemy has cleared the entire map after the initial TW. 100-110m GP bracket for all TW's.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Only 5 percent of guilds tie - so nbd, bag of shells. No fix coming.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i think it's fair to assume the "tie issue" is alot smaller than orginally thought. We tied our first TW, adjusted our strategy (as did our opponents) and never tied again. Neither us, or our enemy has cleared the entire map after the initial TW. 100-110m GP bracket for all TW's.

want to DM me your defensive strat? my guild is at 80m gp and we are tying...
  • Options
    Slayvoff wrote: »

We are 125+ and we tied our first two - but haven't tied the most recent two. If everyone sets weak defense, you will tie. If guilds play it smart and start setting strong defenses and force the opponent to make strategic decisions, there won't be nearly as many ties (and according to the developers, there weren't that many in the first place).

If you are both clearing each other's boards, you are deploying defensive teams that are too weak.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Set your best teams on defence, see how far you get on offence with the left over teams. 3/4/5 squad teams depending on roster, 1 fleet per player.
    2 losses, 1 win. Still better rewards than 3 draws.
  • Options

Set your best teams on defence, see how far you get on offence with the left over teams. 3/4/5 squad teams depending on roster, 1 fleet per player.
    2 losses, 1 win. Still better rewards than 3 draws.

And a heck of a lot more fun and strategic. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    They increased the number of defensive squads, didn't they? Maybe I misremember, but I think it used to be 21 for 49 players and the last run was 24.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    THE issue I have is draws. If the game crashes it give the opponent a draw. That’s a good as a win for them. Should be a loss for us instead so that someone on your team can try to beat that battle. Soooooo lame.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    THE issue I have is draws. If the game crashes it give the opponent a draw. That’s a good as a win for them. Should be a loss for us instead so that someone on your team can try to beat that battle. Soooooo lame.

That's a bug though. I've had connection losses (and draws) before, but a guildy could still take that team down for 10 banners afterwards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to better sub forum.

You can always work on strategy. I know it seems hopeless to break the tie but it is possible.

I wouldn't count on any updates until they have something working in the pipeline.
  • Options
    1 banner for a defensive win. Encourage the behavior of setting the strongest defense you can with limited slots.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    1 banner for a defensive win. Encourage the behavior of setting the strongest defense you can with limited slots.

One could think that leaving strong teams for offence would be the way to go, since you don't want to give the enemy guild banners when you need multiple teams to defeat their defence. If they're not going full defence now, i don't think defence win banners would encourage them either.
    Defence win banners would make the game mode that much more complicated, i'm not a fan. More defence slots for 120m+ guilds is a far better sollution imo.
  • Options

One could think that leaving strong teams for offence would be the way to go, since you don't want to give the enemy guild banners when you need multiple teams to defeat their defence. If they're not going full defence now, i don't think defence win banners would encourage them either.
    Defence win banners would make the game mode that much more complicated, i'm not a fan. More defence slots for 120m+ guilds is a far better sollution imo.

Maybe, from a straight, fix it, angle, maybe - but I and others don't want/need to do more battles on a day. The nice thing about current TW is it's ultimately a very low time input event. Single wave battles FTW.

How about 5 Banners for a win + 1 banner for each living attacker at end of fight? Chances are someones gonna lose a toon or two on offense at some point. If there is a tie even then - then it's pretty deserving of what it is.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I was a proponent for something to fix ties, but my guild has won 3/4 TW now. I think the first guild played to tie, and that was the problem. My guild is JUST top 50 in GP. Which puts us almost at 130mil GP.

People are starting to realize no one wins if you play for a strong offense and a weak defense. And thus, strategy is born.

I don’t want to see a larger set of slots for defense, I already feel spread thin and things have gone well without the increase.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    I was a proponent for something to fix ties, but my guild has won 3/4 TW now. I think the first guild played to tie, and that was the problem. My guild is JUST top 50 in GP. Which puts us almost at 130mil GP.

People are starting to realize no one wins if you play for a strong offense and a weak defense. And thus, strategy is born.

I don’t want to see a larger set of slots for defense, I already feel spread thin and things have gone well without the increase.

i picked 120m+ because i keep hearing guilds still tie. Maybe some still haven't realized go def or go home is the way to go, and ties aren't even inevitable in the higher GP brackets. If going def still works at 130m, maybe there's no need for increased def slots at all.
  • Options
    128m guild here. 3 wins, no loses,1 tie. If you're getting a lot of ties, grow a pair and set some stronger defenses.
  • Options
    Hovahdo wrote: »
    128m guild here. 3 wins, no loses,1 tie. If you're getting a lot of ties, grow a pair and set some stronger defenses.

This x 10000000000