Darth Vader 2.0, The Empire's Might

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that there are two Dark-Siders who deserve some love more than anyone else: General Grievous, and Darth Vader. There are plenty of great suggestions for GG reworks, but I don't think there are any for Darth Vader that truly do him justice.

As the single best-known bad guy... ever, he should really be a pillar of the Dark Side. As it stands, he's just... a decent raid leader. And he's got a good ship.

Yeah, a bit underwhelming, really.

So, without further ado, here's my suggestion:

Basic - Brutalise: Deal physical damage to target enemy and stagger them. Fear bonuses:
3 - Inflict Defence Down.
6 - 25% increased damage.
9 - 50% chance to Daze.
12 - 25% increased damage.
15 - 100% chance to Daze.

Special 1 - Break Their Ranks: Deal special damage to all enemies and inflict Defence Down for 2 turns. Fear bonuses:
3 - Call an ally to assist, attacking a random target. They remove Defence Down from whoever they hit.
9 - Call 2 allies to assist, attacking random targets. They remove Defence Down from whoever they hit.
15 - Call all allies to assist, attacking random targets. No longer remove Defence Down.

Special 2 - Suffocate/Motivate: Deal special damage to target and stun them for 1 turn. When used on an ally, they gain Critical Chance Up, Critical Damage Up, Offence Up, and Speed Up for 3 turns. Fear bonuses:
3 - Inflict Speed Down.
9 - Inflict a Damage Over Time.
15 - Inflict 4 Damage Over Times.

Unique - The Empire's Might: Each turn Darth Vader takes inflicts a stack of Fear on every enemy. His attacks inflict additional stacks on any enemy affected by them.

Leader - Dominate With Terror: Empire allies' damaging attacks inflict a stack of Fear on any enemy affected by them. Empire allies gain bonuses based on the stacks of the enemy they are attacking:
3 - Inflict a Damage Over Time.
9 - Inflict 2 Damage Over Times.
15 - Inflict 3 Damage Over Times.

I'd just like to say before anything else: the number of Fear stacks required for each bonus is entirely up in the air. I have no clue what would be a fair number, but it's likely higher than what I've put above. The numbers aren't as important as the effect itself.

As THAT SCENE in Rogue One and various comics have showed, Darth Vader is a terrifying monster to Rebels. They don't know what he is, they don't know what he can do, they don't know why he has his reputation. They may have heard stories, but not much more.

But, once he enters battle against them and starts attacking, fear becomes one of his main tools. This isn't reflected well in-game, but this rework/new version could change that. With New Vader in charge, you basically have a ticking time-bomb. If you let him and his allies inflict enough Fear stacks on your guys, the match is going to fall apart very quickly.

Also, you have to let him Force Choke his guys to make them fight harder. You just gotta.

One final thing I'd like to point out is how much less effective he becomes when not in charge. If you've read the Darth Vader comics, you know how much he hates being bossed around.

Essay over.

Replies

• Amen, Amen, Amen. I’m old...grevious doesn’t matter to me much, but Darth Vader ooooo Darth Vader. Growing up there were three villains in my world....Thulsa Doom, Lex Luthor, and Darth Vader. Sorry, but the force choke and James Earl Jones voice and breathing out Vader way above the other two(even tho Jones also played Thulsa Doom).

I want to see “Nerf Vader” posts every day. He should be on par with CLS and only a slight edge given to CLS so good can conquer evil and that’s it! If I was a billionaire i would buy Disney and make this happen.
  • Moved to Feedback/Characters.
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    Moved to Feedback/Characters.

I feel like Character suggestions/reworks should probably get their own sub-forum. There are quite a few.
  • They do have their own sub, as far as the devs are concerned, they call it the circular file. Of all the gaping holes we asked them to fill, we got nightsisters and wampa and whatever other junk instead.
  • This would remove vaders viability from raids for the most part. But vader does need a unique ability
  • Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    This would remove vaders viability from raids for the most part. But vader does need a unique ability

I kinda planned for that by giving him 4 dots on his Suffocate/Motivate. Put him under current Zeta Vader and you'll have an obscene amount of dots on Rancor and main tank. This is kinda why I'd prefer it just be a new Vader and not a rework.
  • I happen to agree but it is not going to happen.

Vader was one of the hardest (well longest) toons to get. A great many players have him now even though it took a long time with rare shard appearances and achievements. So, you now make him OP to match CLS. How do EA/CG make money out of changing his abilities? What can be done to force a panic farm? Unless you introduce a new material that can only be obtained via some event requiring new toons or the some other major change in game mechanics there is no cash in it. He is already 7*, zetad, geared and modded in tons of rosters, that horse has bolted. Fair enough as well, even if frustrating they need an income.

May get a re-work, will not get turned into next thing everybody wants because quite simply loads of FTP would have him instantly. Sad but there you go.
  • thomssi wrote: »
    I happen to agree but it is not going to happen.

Vader was one of the hardest (well longest) toons to get. A great many players have him now even though it took a long time with rare shard appearances and achievements. So, you now make him OP to match CLS. How do EA/CG make money out of changing his abilities? What can be done to force a panic farm? Unless you introduce a new material that can only be obtained via some event requiring new toons or the some other major change in game mechanics there is no cash in it. He is already 7*, zetad, geared and modded in tons of rosters, that horse has bolted. Fair enough as well, even if frustrating they need an income.

May get a re-work, will not get turned into next thing everybody wants because quite simply loads of FTP would have him instantly. Sad but there you go.

They could just add a unique. They added one to tarkin after all.
  • Yes, but that isn't likely to change him into a superpowered cls killer. I expect there will be a slight re-work but nothing making him the baddest man in the glaxy.
  • Palp zeta is far more likely. Vader was already reworked once.
  • thomssi wrote: »
    I happen to agree but it is not going to happen.

I think the main reason this won't happen is because it would take an army of the world's greatest programmers a decade to make, and it would still be buggy at release. Still, a fun concept.