Thoughts on DS TB, post revision

Curious what the thoughts are, on DS TB, since they’ve had time to ‘tweak’ it.

Replies

• Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    Difficulty is much more manageable which is good. (Even if the rebels have an annoying amount of status effect cleansers and healers)
    Can’t tell if they’ve fixed the platoon mess from phase 4 onwards yet (cosidering the last LS one I doubt it)
  • Options
    I think it’s still ridiculously overturned. The difficulty is still far too high in the early phases, with the Rebels’ over abundance of heals, cleanses, and bonus/counters. This is especially apparent with how terrible most DS toons still are.
  • Options
    I think it’s still ridiculously overturned. The difficulty is still far too high in the early phases, with the Rebels’ over abundance of heals, cleanses, and bonus/counters. This is especially apparent with how terrible most DS toons still are.

Agreed. Most DS toons are not crit monsters like CLS, Han, or Wedge. The fact that they are cleansing the debuffs is a slap in the face to how the toons are suppose to work. This making us work harder on DSTB than we do for LSTB
  • Options
    Better than it was, but still very frustrating. Not sure who thought it would be fun to take your G12 Zeta'd epic villains and get them beat like a drum by some nameless rebel chumps, but they should have their head examined :/
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It is better, especially in the earlier waves, but it still needs more work. A whole lot of DS toons work based on debuffs, and it feels awfully cheap to go up against a team with 4 or 5 mass cleansers. And then the bonus attack truck gets rolling, and you hardly get another turn before half your team is dead. It is possible to have something be challenging while still fun. This is not really fun.

AND THE PLATOONS, oh gosh. I get it, CG wants our guild to have outright bought 5 each of KRU, TIE Silencer, FOSF, and FOSF TIE. But if they cared about more than the bottom line, they'd know that this is a lame decision that's not worth the ill will they're generating.

When I see a very farmable toon in a platoon, then I feel encouraged to broaden my roster and try to work on that toon so I can use it next time.

When I see a P2P toon in a platoon (or, you know, 5 of them), then I feel like CG is Nelson from the Simpsons, pointing a finger and yelling "HA HA!" in my face. It feels petty and taunting, like they're trying to punish me for not throwing my money at them.

And when one of these P2P toons (or, you know, 5 of them) sits there in a platoon, taunting me, it makes assigning anyone else to the platoon entirely meaningless: we'll never be able to fill it. And since right now I'm looking at the Shield Generator platoon mission, it also makes any work we did to fill the Orbital Bombardment mission also meaningless.

Also, in phase 4 now, there's a combat mission that requires Veers and Snowtrooper. Great: it's literally begging for you to work on and use troopers. I like that. Except that for my guild now, the platoons in that phase are requiring a boatload of DT, Shore, and Magma. So . . . I know you wanted to use your troopers in the combat mission, but be sure to drop most of them in the platoon! It doesn't make sense to me.

Advice for CG that everyone else has said but they just choose to ignore: Don't put unfarmable toons in platoons. Or better yet, wait until they've been farmable for a few weeks.
  • Options
    Would like to see option to prohibit engagement for specific platoons. Difficulty level tweaking is pretty good. Yes it favors P2P, but I have no problem with that. It’s not like we are facing a P2P guild in TB. Something in the game should be challenging. It gives our guild something to works towards long term.
  • Options
    I've discussed it with my shard mates and most of us are all in 100 million+ guilds, while it is certainly easier than the firs ttime around. We've all kind of came to the same conclusion: it's still too difficult relative to LSTB.

I love a challenge and unlike most I really do enjoy TB a lot, I don't consider it like a chore and I do not mind that it pushes me to gear characters I otherwise wouldn't. Having said that, Even with a full G11 squad with 70-100+ speed per characters with good mods... it sometimes still is impossible to beat. I've found that the squad in which I use my Thrawn in usually completes 4/4 pretty easily, but as soon as you don't have that extra control that Thrawn offers you, you struggle. It largely depends on the RNG in regards of the opponents you get, but I haven't had a single phase in which I've completed 4/4 in all the battles, even in phase 1 there was a fight I simply couldn't beat.

the main issue is the healing, protection regeneration and cleansing the Rebel opposition does. So even if you put buff immunity up with say your TFP, they just use one of their hundred cleanses and then heal+regen protection and if they don't, they'll make sure to stealth and have your only target pop up foresight.

It is clearly beatable, yes. But sadly we don't have 3 versions of Thrawn. I think if that healing & cleansing would be nerfed a bit, it would be far more enjoyable and fun to try out different team compositions.
  • Options
    Razzerian wrote: »
    I've discussed it with my shard mates and most of us are all in 100 million+ guilds, while it is certainly easier than the firs ttime around. We've all kind of came to the same conclusion: it's still too difficult relative to LSTB.

I love a challenge and unlike most I really do enjoy TB a lot, I don't consider it like a chore and I do not mind that it pushes me to gear characters I otherwise wouldn't. Having said that, Even with a full G11 squad with 70-100+ speed per characters with good mods... it sometimes still is impossible to beat. I've found that the squad in which I use my Thrawn in usually completes 4/4 pretty easily, but as soon as you don't have that extra control that Thrawn offers you, you struggle. It largely depends on the RNG in regards of the opponents you get, but I haven't had a single phase in which I've completed 4/4 in all the battles, even in phase 1 there was a fight I simply couldn't beat.

the main issue is the healing, protection regeneration and cleansing the Rebel opposition does. So even if you put buff immunity up with say your TFP, they just use one of their hundred cleanses and then heal+regen protection and if they don't, they'll make sure to stealth and have your only target pop up foresight.

It is clearly beatable, yes. But sadly we don't have 3 versions of Thrawn. I think if that healing & cleansing would be nerfed a bit, it would be far more enjoyable and fun to try out different team compositions.

I definitely agree that the healing/cleansing is a major issue. Another issue is the DS lack of those same support abilities. There is a distinct lack of DS healers and cleansers. Additionally, the DS doesn’t have significant firepower spread throughout its roster. There are a few powerhouse characters/teams, but on the whole, DS is still much weaker than LS.