RTJ, Resistance Teams, and their use in Arena and TW

Lord_Terminus
239 posts Member
edited December 2017
I've been planning a new resistance team, trying to decide what to do here. Originally my idea was RJT, Finn, Poe, RT, BB8. Later, though, I realized that with an RJT lead, R2 and Rey have a lot more use on a resistance team now. R2 is especially useful with resistance now because of his "Combat Analysis" ability, giving another 10% crit chance to resistance (making it 40% under an RJT lead, super helpful) and when they score a critical hit, he cleanses all debuffs from them. Especially with RJT, R2, and Rey all in the team, that's helpful. RJT and Rey both hit harder when they have no debuffs on them. So now the predicament is who do I take off? BB8 is now more than necessary for a resistance team, especially under RJT's lead and him giving Secret Intel/Illuminated Destiny. R2's ability also gives 10% potency to resistance allies, making exposure a lot more common.

Who should I take out/put in? The 4 I'm thinking are RJT, Rey, R2, BB8. Not sure about the 5th slot.
I've thought about Resistance Pilot as the 5th, seeing as "Guerilla tactics" gives her 5% more crit chance and she can still grant exposure. I've also thought about Poe since Resistance could use a good taunter (especially without Finn's 60% defense boost).

My last question is in regards to their use in TW. If I throw R2 into the resistance team for TW instead of a rebels/CLS team, I would need a replacement. Currently, I plan on using CLS, ROLO, Han, and Captain Han. The problem with switching out R2 is losing the Crit Chance and giving it to Resistance since both ROLO and Han benefit from it (but Han can still provide some). The good is that there is a lot I can do with that 5th slot and several synergies that could be put to use. What would be a good 5th slot? Would it be better to keep R2 and use something else with resistance?
Ally Code: 357-613-281
swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
Post edited by Lord_Terminus on

Replies

• IMHO you can have a great defense team with RJT, BB8, R2 and 2 more characters (like GenKen&Old Ben, NS Acolyte & Zombie, Han Solo and some taunting tank). And at the same time, you can use a Finn led classical resistance team (Poe, Pilot, Trooper, Scavenger Rey) for offense.
    For the Rebels... maybe Princess Leia? Or Baze if you use Han or old Ben in that RJT Team.
  • IMHO you can have a great defense team with RJT, BB8, R2 and 2 more characters (like GenKen&Old Ben, NS Acolyte & Zombie, Han Solo and some taunting tank). And at the same time, you can use a Finn led classical resistance team (Poe, Pilot, Trooper, Scavenger Rey) for offense.
    For the Rebels... maybe Princess Leia? Or Baze if you use Han or old Ben in that RJT Team.

Thanks for the Advice! I had been thinking either Princess Leia or ATF for the rebels, and GK may be good in the Resistance because of Soresu and all the foresight being used under a RJT lead.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • :)
    True, ATF might also be an interesting option for the Rebels. I tend to forget about her as I haven't geared and leveled her yet.