This is a joke, right?

Prev13
Zenflow
79 posts Member
edited December 2017
At this point, that's really all I can call it.

Great job listening to us CG, you sure did keep your player base happy on this one!

"We constantly are listening to our player base and reading forums, it is not our intention to frustrate anyone."

Horse kitten. You promised us you would address the difficulty. You promised reimbursement for lost time & frustrations. Instead of following through on your promises - you slapped us in the face. 500 crystals? Are you serious? We let that go, as CG isnt exactly known for being a generous company. But today, I finally get my patience together to try DS TB again after the nightmare of a failure you presented to us last time; and guess what - the result was near identical. 7 star squads being wiped IN PHASE ONE.

You didn't listen at all, you stuck to your guns about wanting DS/TB to be harder than light - for whatever kitten reason you had.

Does anyone else feel like SWGOH is taking the path of Star Wars: Galaxies from back in the day for those who remember? Devs stuck to their guns about what THEY felt the players wanted, instead of listening to them. And look at the state of that game now, couldve been THE LARGEST PC mmorpg in the world. It was more addictive than WoW in its original form - until devs mutilated it to death.

Stop telling us you are listening to us when you arent, or get your head out of your kitten before this whole circus comes crashing down around you.
Post edited by Fauztin on

Replies

• Options
    This was a lot easier than last time. If you lost 7* toons in phase 1, you have terrible gear on them or aren't high enough level.
  • Options
    Yes, it was easier. Was it enough? No.

Yeah no kidding they need better gear, but the point is flying above your head apparently.

Lemme ask you one question that should clarify here;

Whats the weakest team you can run in a 4/4 LSTB mission?
  • Options
    Zenflow wrote: »
    At this point, that's really all I can call it.

Great job listening to us CG, you sure did keep your player base happy on this one!

"We constantly are listening to our player base and reading forums, it is not our intention to frustrate anyone."

Horse kitten. You promised us you would address the difficulty. You promised reimbursement for lost time & frustrations. Instead of following through on your promises - you slapped us in the face. 500 crystals? Are you serious? We let that go, as CG isnt exactly known for being a generous company. But today, I finally get my patience together to try DS TB again after the nightmare of a failure you presented to us last time; and guess what - the result was near identical. 7 star squads being wiped IN PHASE ONE.

You didn't listen at all, you stuck to your guns about wanting DS/TB to be harder than light - for whatever **** reason you had.

Does anyone else feel like SWGOH is taking the path of Star Wars: Galaxies from back in the day for those who remember? Devs stuck to their guns about what THEY felt the players wanted, instead of listening to them. And look at the state of that game now, couldve been THE LARGEST PC mmorpg in the world. It was more addictive than WoW in its original form - until devs mutilated it to death.

Stop telling us you are listening to us when you arent, or get your head out of your kitten before this whole circus comes crashing down around you.

If you're being killed while using 7* units, then you should really reconsider the strength of your roster. Difficulty has been severely owered compared to last TB. I finished all missions using 6-7* units, some of which were g7-8. I would advise to read on opponent skills and strategize how to deal with opponents - blindly clicking on random ones won't work.
    I don't know you, so I won't judge, but imo you have no basis for your accusations. Some play the game better, some play it worse and when RNG comes into equation, results can differ greatly while using the same (undergeared) teams.
  • Options
    Again, one question - whats the weakest team capable of 4/4 in LSTB?

The imbalance is the problem. There is not ONE REASON I can think of logically for DS TB to be more difficult than ls. DS character investments were already wildly worthless when compared to LS. As a heavy DS player, this is what frustrates me. DS needs to work about 5 times as hard as LS to be able to contribute the same.
  • Options
    Ill add, it was only one of the 5 combat teams that failed 4/4ing. My BHs. All 7* g8 or above, boba is 12. I see absolutely no reason why they should fail in something I can auto with LS trashmonster characters.
  • Options
    Difficulty was tuned to be MUCH easier this time. Trying to come at this respectfully, but curious as to your exact team comps/gears/abilities. I consider my DS to be very average and I was able to complete all waves. If you'd like to discuss, I'd be down...
  • Options
    Ill add, it was only one of the 5 combat teams that failed 4/4ing. My BHs. All 7* g8 or above, boba is 12. I see absolutely no reason why they should fail in something I can auto with LS trashmonster characters.

I'm f2p (one year) LS based with mediocre DS toons and I still managed to do all. At least 1/3 of my units doesn't posses any mods or 1-2* ones.
    I actually like that it's harder, because at least it poses a challenge. While still being beatable.
    You're entitled to your own opinion, as I am to mine. No sesne to argue. I'm content with changes to DS TB. Would be a tragedy if they reworked it like they did GW.
  • Options
    You guys are not getting op’s point. While I do agree this dstb so far phase 1 has been easier than the previous one. However if you don’t see the difficulty level is still considerably higher than lstb, then you are just living in denial.
    While I don’t have a problem if CG intended to make dstb harder than lstb, they have never however explicitly stated such intent. When you don’t communicate properly, you leave the other side to guessing and assumptions. Human nature would thus dictate us to expect difficulty level to be similar to that of its counterpart, i.e., lstb. And when that expectation does not match reality, you end up with above op’s and a number of other users’ raging posts. But CG terrible at communicating is not news to anyone so just move on.
  • Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    You guys are not getting op’s point. While I do agree this dstb so far phase 1 has been easier than the previous one. However if you don’t see the difficulty level is still considerably higher than lstb, then you are just living in denial.
    While I don’t have a problem if CG intended to make dstb harder than lstb, they have never however explicitly stated such intent. When you don’t communicate properly, you leave the other side to guessing and assumptions. Human nature would thus dictate us to expect difficulty level to be similar to that of its counterpart, i.e., lstb. And when that expectation does not match reality, you end up with above op’s and a number of other users’ raging posts. But CG terrible at communicating is not news to anyone so just move on.

Thank you mate. As someone heavily invested financially in the game, its pretty tough not to let frustrations take control. Ive always tried to post constructive feedback, but it usually falls on deaf ears or gets deleted - hence, more frustration. Im not trying to claim I am more important than any other player in this game because of the money I have spent, so don't get me wrong.

Its not that I can't finish the fights, those claiming its gear/ability related, well - you're just straight up missing the point. I have read more strategy guides, watched more videos on the whole of this game than I can even recount. I assure you, strategy and target prioritizing is not the issue here - but merely side effects to the imbalance.

Let me ask you this; in LS TB, even after the wave reduction and slight difficulty increase - can a randomly matched ragtag crew manage to 4/4 with relative ease? Yes.

Now the question lays in, why is this not the case for dark side. If you cannot agree there is an imbalance - then perhaps you should pick up a few more DS teams and experiment with them - by comparison to LS.

I do just fine in raids, territory wars, the whole 9. But, I consistently have to work harder than LS teams in those respective fields. Haat - most metas are LS based, aside from the new NS strat by bulldog - no? Yes, there is a zader team capable of 3-4m in p2, and of course, Zavage and Zylo hold their own. Thats about all I can think of though.

DS TB, for me - I saw this as an opportunity to be rewarded for leaning towards DS in my roster. Instead, what I got was being told that I still need to spend more money and effort to be able to accomplish what LS would be far more capable of.
  • Options
    If I need to post a video of a 35k power team going 4/4 in P1 LSTB and a 70k team being wiped with intelligent input strategically in DS TB - Im more than willing to go that route, lol.
  • Options
    A lot of the issues with ds compared to ls deal with healing. We have several high quality healers on ls. How many ds healers do we really have that are decent? Then try to make the ds toons go against strong healing ls squads. There's the biggest imbalance in the ds tb vs ls TB. Yes there are some ways around that with specific squads for ds but ls is a lot easier. It's the imbalance of the kits, not really an issue with TB.
  • Options

The imbalance is the problem. There is not ONE REASON I can think of logically for DS TB to be more difficult than ls. DS character investments were already wildly worthless when compared to LS. As a heavy DS player, this is what frustrates me. DS needs to work about 5 times as hard as LS to be able to contribute the same.

Well my 35k Nightsister team went 3/4 and would have been 4/4 if it weren’t for my own incompetence and forgetting I had a kill order to follow... #facepalm

As for it being harder than LSTB? Yes it is, unquestionably. Is it easier than it was the first time? Yes unquestionably. Have they got it about right this time? Don’t know ask again in 5 days...

The thing is the Devs have never stated that this designed to be a mirror flip difficulty wise of the LSTB. My take on it is much the same way as AAT isn’t tuned to be the same difficulty as the Rancor. This is additional content, so it’s a little bit more endgame than the LSTB.

• Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Definitely agreed the lack of healers is a big problem, but - I really dont think its just that. My team composition in mirrored fights should explain;

Lightside 35k power team I run on auto in p1 LSTB and go 4/4;

Sthan - 7* G7, lvl 85 - not a single mod on him. All lvl 7 abilities, no omegas.
    Princess 7* - G7 lvl 85, no omegas or mods.
    Kanan 6* - G7 lvl 81 no omegas or mods.
    Hoth rebel scout 6* - G7 lvl 70 no mods, ability lvl 5 on all.
    Hoth rebel solider 6* - nearly identical to scout.

You'll notice, theres no healers in this group. Tripple tank, sure - but this is my scraps team after pheonix, jedi, and primary rebel teams are spent.
  • Options
    DS team that was wiped on 4/4 in P1 - 70k power.
    Boba 7* g12, all omegas, no zeta, 5* arena mods. Lvl 85
    Dengar 7* G9 all omegas - decent 5* mods. Lvl 85
    Greedo 7* g10 all omegas & decent mods 5* mods. Lvl 85
    Cad Bane 7* g7 ability lvl 6 on all - crappy mods. Lvl 85

Zam is the worst off at 7*, g7, ability lvl 5-6 and no mods. lvl 70.

I get theres a ton of room for improvement, I do - the question here is - should I really have to improve to be able to do something a team supposedly half as powerful can auto through?
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Well my 35k Nightsister team went 3/4 and would have been 4/4 if it weren’t for my own incompetence and forgetting I had a kill order to follow... #facepalm

As for it being harder than LSTB? Yes it is, unquestionably. Is it easier than it was the first time? Yes unquestionably. Have they got it about right this time? Don’t know ask again in 5 days...

The thing is the Devs have never stated that this designed to be a mirror flip difficulty wise of the LSTB. My take on it is much the same way as AAT isn’t tuned to be the same difficulty as the Rancor. This is additional content, so it’s a little bit more endgame than the LSTB.

Okay, but why should it be more difficult than LS - when there was already slim to 0 reason to invest in Ds?
  • Options
    Ok I’ll try again. I now think that it should be harder than LSTB because if it wasn’t then DSTB doesn’t move the game forwards at all, as end game content gets maxed the Devs need to produce more of it.

Let me ask you a question @Zenflow

Why shouldn’t it be harder than LSTB?

Your argument for it not encouraging DS investment is false because the fact there even is a DSTB encourages DS investment
  • Options
    I get where you are coming from but that is kind of the whole point with the ds tb. They want people to work on ds toons because a lot of people (myself included) haven't done a lot with their ds toons. However I do think they made too many healers on the ls toons you have to face considering the lack of healers for ds. If they reworked the kits a bit, it would be more balanced.
  • Options
    phinfan309 wrote: »
    I get where you are coming from but that is kind of the whole point with the ds tb. They want people to work on ds toons because a lot of people (myself included) haven't done a lot with their ds toons. However I do think they made too many healers on the ls toons you have to face considering the lack of healers for ds. If they reworked the kits a bit, it would be more balanced.

A total kit rework for a few major DS factions that have fallen out of favor would be a massive start in the right direction - may even solve the problem entirely. They got NSs rework right, I will give them that. But the remaining factions are close pointless to invest in.
  • Options
    Ok I’ll try again. I now think that it should be harder than LSTB because if it wasn’t then DSTB doesn’t move the game forwards at all, as end game content gets maxed the Devs need to produce more of it.

Your argument for it not encouraging DS investment is false because the fact there even is a DSTB encourages DS investment

Because there is already a dire imbalance between LS & DS returns. If you cant see that, then I don't know what to say. You're entitled entirely to your opinion, but keep in mind you already said you lean LS in your roster - so really, the fact DS is a garbage fire right now really can't bother you as much as someone who does. In raids, lightside is more useful, in TW, lightside is more useful, in arena, LS is more useful, now in TB - lightside is also more useful.

It makes it feel kinda pointless even trying to work on DS, when you'll get twice as much from LS. Its basically the devs saying; there are two sides to this battle - but this side will lose. You may like this side, and feel free to join it - but you're going to lose at the end of the day. Have fun!
  • Options
    I see your in fine form again
  • Options
    Easy answer is and will always be that CG favors rebels and what are we fighting in DSTB? Rebels
  • Options

Because the quality and quantity of DS toons is far inferior to LS toons. How many DS toons can you honestly say are viable? For DSTB purposes you can use Thrawn, Zaul and try Zader. DN is useless once you get to the strafing run phases because of the OP nature of it.
    Until they rework the DS kits like Palp, Zader, Droids and Separitists (Grevious any one?) they shouldn’t force a money grab to over gear DS toons that currently have no use in the meta. And you can’t deny the infinite cleanse of the LS AI isn’t ridiculous lol
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I see your in fine form again
    As always lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    But today, I finally get my patience together to try DS TB again after the nightmare of a failure you presented to us last time; and guess what - the result was near identical. 7 star squads being wiped IN PHASE ONE.

If you had almost identical results then the problem is not not located in the game itself, but rather within 20 inches of your own gaming device.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I get theres a ton of room for improvement, I do - the question here is - should I really have to improve to be able to do something a team supposedly half as powerful can auto through?

You're comparing oranges and apples. CG never announced that they would lower the difficulty of DS TB to the level of LS TB. That's your own interpretation. CG announced that they had lowered it — and this time around phase 1 was significantly easier.

You can't blame CG for your own misinterpretation of their announcements.

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »

You're comparing oranges and apples. CG never announced that they would lower the difficulty of DS TB to the level of LS TB. That's your own interpretation. CG announced that they had lowered it — and this time around phase 1 was significantly easier.

You can't blame CG for your own misinterpretation of their announcements.

I fail to see how comparing the light side version of the identical fight is comparing apples to oranges, and please - if you feel the need to stoop as low to resort to insults for your arguement, your arguement has lost it's foundation. Go ahead and read through the other comments, before you blame it blindly on player error. I didn't have the same results, but I'm not going to sit here and repeat myself to cater to someone who can't read things in their entirety before jumping to insults.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    dstb is harder than the LS one for mainly 2 reasons,
    first: most rebels are op and have high dps, so they clear waves easier.
    that's not to mention zfinn team which can clear missions with low gear.
    second: tb bonuses for rebels (in both tb) are way better than those for imperials.

and as a fact, this dstb p1 is easier than the previous one.
    note: you can't use bh as a scale to measure dificualty, they're weak, a g9 troopers team will easily clear any p1 mission.
  • Options
    it isn't identical just for the fact there is 1 more territory so 3 more stars to get which also means higher rewards to get overall.

That's probably a reason they made it harder compared to LS TB
  • Options
    We will know if they tweaked DS TB the moment we see platoons day 4. If its again full of new NS and FO chars who cannot be farmed then its clear they do not care much about what we had to say.
    Mission difficulty was OK in my opinion.
  • Options
    Yograin wrote: »
    We will know if they tweaked DS TB the moment we see platoons day 4. If its again full of new NS and FO chars who cannot be farmed then its clear they do not care much about what we had to say.
    Mission difficulty was OK in my opinion.

Let me save you a couple of days time now and tell you yes that’s exactly what you will see. Now your guild could potentially get lucky and see less of the new NS and FO chars and ships but I guarantee you some guilds will see them in all 6 platoons and this unable to complete a single one.