GP optimization question.

What is the most effective way to maximize GP? I look at people's account and I have so much better account gear wise. Ton of g11s and others with far fewer high geared toons have +200k-300k GP than me and it simply makes no sense.

Then I look down their list and they have leveled a bunch of trash toons and taken them up to g 6-7 and somehow they end up with a higher GP than me...

I was wandering what effect GP more, levels, Gear, mods? I'm so confused cause sometimes the difference feels so big and it doesn't make sense at all.

My ships are all maxed in level and abilities. My trash chatacters are levels 30-40 with green and blue and level 3 abilities. I have
5 gear 12s, 18 gear 11s and 7 gear 10s and my gp is only 1.639 mil

Replies

• I have 2.3m gp
    The most cost effective way to raise gp is lvl everything to 50. Put mods on them and gear them to g7 at least. I'm a day 1 player I have over 100 7* and 1/2 all ships 7*. Even my trash shis are lvl 50.
  • Oh and I have like 1 g12 18 g11 14 g10 and 18 g9
  • Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    I have 2.3m gp
    The most cost effective way to raise gp is lvl everything to 50. Put mods on them and gear them to g7 at least. I'm a day 1 player I have over 100 7* and 1/2 all ships 7*. Even my trash shis are lvl 50.

It will take tons of credits man. Idk how to get that many credits
  • Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Oh and I have like 1 g12 18 g11 14 g10 and 18 g9

Do you see what I mean, i have 5 12s, 18 11s, 7 10s and 7 9s. I essentially have the same amount of 11s and 4 more 12s. My gp only at 1.6...

I have played since september of last year so I'm about a year behind in terms of time
  • cadwane wrote: »
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »

Do you see what I mean, i have 5 12s, 18 11s, 7 10s and 7 9s. I essentially have the same amount of 11s and 4 more 12s. My gp only at 1.6...

I have played since september of last year so I'm about a year behind in terms of time

You're probably just a year behind. Half your characters/ships is probably not even at 7*/unlocked? You can have all your characters at 7* G8 no G12, 11, 10 characters and be in 2 mil GP range.
  • cadwane wrote: »

Yeah I played from the heart for the first year. This past one I got serious and grinded hard. And with the guild events store and the shard shop I basically build 3 whole pieces a raid gear a week or more. Last year all I had was g9 fives lol. I'm serious
  • The_Noobish_Hipster
    316 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Getting the trash up to level 50 will let you equip mods, boosting GP for those toons. Also, there's a significant jump in GP for getting them to g7 (where they gain protection).

It's a two edged sword, however. These barrel-bottom toons will also boost your guild's effective GP for TW, possibly putting your guild in a higher bracket. And these toons will be less and less useful in TW, the higher up your weight class gets

Edit: They count for effective GP only once they reach 6000 toon power. So you can try to balance things a bit
  • I think star rarity increases GP the most. When I promote someone from 6* to 7*, it's like a 2k GP increase.

Like it was mentioned, I think applying trash mods to your lower characters will give you somewhat of a boost as well. I level all my toons to level 50 and gear them as much as I can, usually to G6 or G7. Collectively, I'm at GP 1.73 mil, no G12's, but 4 G11's, 4 G10's, the the next couple dozen are G8-9.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Winstar wrote: »
    cadwane wrote: »

You're probably just a year behind. Half your characters/ships is probably not even at 7*/unlocked? You can have all your characters at 7* G8 no G12, 11, 10 characters and be in 2 mil GP range.
    Getting the trash up to level 50 will let you equip mods, boosting GP for those toons. Also, there's a significant jump in GP for getting them to g7 (where they gain protection).

It's a two edged sword, however. These barrel-bottom toons will also boost your guild's effective GP for TW, possibly putting your guild in a higher bracket. And these toons will be less and less useful in TW, the higher up your weight class gets

That's very true
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    gearing pilots increases GP quite nicely, but i wouldn't worry too much about GP. Atleast not if you've got more usefull stuff to work on (wich will inevitably also increase GP).
    Save water, drink champagne!