Improvement to Mods Management

I have a suggestion that could be a simple change that would make a huge difference to mods management. As a player who has developed a few sets of mods which basically get traded around between certain characters over and over, I have noticed that it has become tremendously time intensive and clumsy to make sure mods get put back where they 'belong' or where to find them and move them in a hurry.

My suggestion: Implement a button at the character mod screen level that will simply "Load Last Set". This button would function as follows... Each time a change is made to the mods loaded to the character, a 'restore point' is created as well. So if I go to my RG and remove all the mods, a snapshot of the mods that were there is created. I assign the mods that were on RG to Baze, for example. Now, I need the mods back on RG. So I go to the mod screen for RG and click the button to "Load Last Set". Using the data from the 'restore point' the mods are pulled from Baze, a prompt appears warning about the credit cost and I click accept. The mods are now loaded onto RG, with the same revert and confirm options that we currently have. Note, this would work the same way if I had scattered RG's mods over six other characters, they would be pulled from those six other characters, and restore points created for those characters in the process.

Further suggestion: Now that we have the ability to load last set at the individual character mod screen level we go one step further. At the squad selection level, just before we enter a battle, there is a button that also says "Load Last Mod Sets" which activates the restore point for every toon currently selected in the squad with empty mod slots or one could select which characters. A variation on this implementation could be a check box or toggle for each character that needs to be selected which would govern which characters have their mods updated from the 'restore point'.

Concerns:
Q: Where would the mods go that are replaced on the character by loading mods from the 'restore point'?
A: To the mod pool. If insufficient credits are available to make the switch, a warning will appear and deny the move. There will be no option to destroy mods in this process.

Q: What about the characters (i.e. Baze, or the six other characters) who had mods pulled from them by activating a 'restore point' on a character (i.e. RG) who are now missing some or all of their mods?
A: Have no fear! When mods were pulled from the other characters, restore points were created for all of those characters, and they are ready and waiting to have the mods restored after paying the appropriate credit fee.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Salsc

Replies

• Salsc
    73 posts Member
    Any thoughts on this? Any possibility of being included in the next QoL update?
  • Salsc
    73 posts Member
    Just giving this a bump to say: I appreciate that any improvement is coming to mod management. I particularly like the idea of being able to slice lower quality mods into better quality mods.

However, as great as the idea of mod sets is, I still think from a human factors perspective and saving time, swapping mod sets and removing sets from a character as the proposal above details would be helpful. Being able to load the "Last" set on a character as well as remove all mods from a character will save a ton of time and thinking. Being able to do it from both the character screen and the pre-battle squad screen would be great as well.

Cheers
  • This would be nice, but I fear its not really the direction they're going. QoL is nice, but making anything actually easy is not how CG rolls. If this worked like you want, nobody would farm mods anymore once they have a set of 30 good ones. Yeah, this will never happen, sorry.
  • figured i'd bump this one as well. i also do not see the previous comment as relevant at all...

if you only have 30 mods, and you restore them to a single restore point, you are leaving a massive amount of your roster out of the mix, after every raid (especially while new and difficult), GAC variations, TW/TB teams modded and used for that event, most players will have a distribution of mods they wish to 'return' to without manually loading each character with the 1-2 mods that were poached to make a temporary squad for an event... pretty ignorant comment actually

mod loadouts will continue to evolve with the game as different events require different teams to be brought as close to their maximum potential as possible, the new Geonosian TB is a perfect example of this, forcing people to dust off several teams for the event they may not use much elsewhere or want to use mods on them for the event only that are generally used elsewhere