protection vs health

while modding characters, why would one choose mods with protection over health for primaries? I would think that health is always the way to go, since more characters have health steal and healers. I think there are fewer characters that restore protection to their teams.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    while modding characters, why would one choose mods with protection over health for primaries? I would think that health is always the way to go, since more characters have health steal and healers. I think there are fewer characters that restore protection to their teams.

Protections usually gives a better % than health.

Royal Guard stun only works when over a certain % health. Having more protection means they have to 100% damage to the protection before they start on health.

Expose does damage based on a % of total health. Having more protection and less health means less damage when exposed.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Protections usually gives a better % than health.

Royal Guard stun only works when over a certain % health. Having more protection means they have to 100% damage to the protection before they start on health.

Expose does damage based on a % of total health. Having more protection and less health means less damage when exposed.

that makes sense. Basically protection on tanks... thanks
  • Options
    You will want health for general Kenobi and Zariss teams. And, maybe, for some fun builds with health stealing veterans Han and Chewee
    934-111-319
  • Options
    Protection Circle mods on everyone, more protection mods on tanks.

Better for Expose as stated above this can occur on any character.

If you have Troopers under Veers Lead, they get protection % back per kill.

If you have a Thrawn, he restores protection.

if you have CLS he recovers protection.

If you Have Kylo Ren he recovers protection.

If you have Ewoks they can recover protection through Paplo's Don't hold back.

Zeta ST Han recovers % protection.

CHS restores protection if he heals you to full so you actually want less HP and more Protection for characters that are grouped with him, but he should have very High health and moderate protection himself cause his skills benefit from more health.

For the HATT raid you needs a lot of protection just to survive, dead characters do no damage.

Between GW nodes your characters recover some protection if they are full health.

If you don't have a healer in the group, protection will help more than health.

• Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    In general, protection is prefered to health because protection primaries give 25% extra whereas health primaries give you 5% extra.

This effect can be felt the higher gear level you reach because you get thousands of protection with each gear increase.

Bariss is a good example of an exception to this rule.