Bounty hunters in DS TB

I must say, the current bounty hunters are garbage. Whoever has been celebrating their hard work for putting them out there... you’re in need of psychiatric help. Cad bane was amazing in the tv shows, but he’s garbage in game. Greedo, though he only has one seen, is an iconic character due to the “han shot first” debacle, yet he sucks in game as well. How is an assassin droid who works for Cad bane better than all the others, and why does he have a leader ability? That doesn’t make sense either! Stick to the canon CG! Same goes for the rest... the bounty hunters are in desperate need of an upgrade! That doesn’t mean putting zetas on top of omegas... I still want my Phoenix omegas back by the way. When do we get bossk, or the other bounty hunters? If you’re going to make them a requirement then you should give them a rework like you did 5 different time for rebels before their TB.

Replies

• Agreed. The bounty hunters are just missing something. They just don’t synergize like a lot of other squads do.
    I had some good luck running Boba lead, Zam, Dengar, IG-88, & Cad today. They’re all g11-9 and modded for speed. Barely got through wave 2, but Boba clinched it.
  • not to forget:
    why have wampas protection? (shield) and can get protection up?
    they are animals!!
  • Nah, then one Jedi and Sith should kill several non force users.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    You didn't lose any omegas on Phoenix. The zetas were only added to abilities that previously had level 7 as the maximum upgrade.
  • Greedo, though he only has one seen, is an iconic character due to the “han shot first” debacle, yet he sucks in game as well.
    For a start, he doesn't actually suck. Mod him for crit and crit damage and his basic is insanely strong. That said, the scene he's best known for involves him dying because he isn't good enough, so......
    Agreed. The bounty hunters are just missing something. They just don’t synergize like a lot of other squads do.
    I think that's by design. Bounty Hunters aren't known for playing well together. I think they're more meant to be splashable into other squads or silver bullets against specific threats. Such as how Cad Bane's abilities are improved against Jedi, or how Boba synergizes with zeta Darth Vader. Thematically, they're meant to be mercenaries, not an actual team.

(All that said, they could definitely use a pass, since the newest Bounty Hunter is Zam, and she's over a year old. The game has moved on...)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Haha good point @NicWester
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »
    not to forget:
    why have wampas protection? (shield) and can get protection up?
    they are animals!!

So are we.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    well, i'm not using them for battles where they aren't required that's for sure ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The Bounty Hunters are a burning rubbish heap of a faction. Very little team synergy, weak damage and weak abilities compared to what they face. People have been complaining about Greedo for over a year and instead of fixing him he is made mandatory along with the other Bounty Hunters for Empire TB.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Zolaz wrote: »
    The Bounty Hunters are a burning rubbish heap of a faction. Very little team synergy, weak damage and weak abilities compared to what they face. People have been complaining about Greedo for over a year and instead of fixing him he is made mandatory along with the other Bounty Hunters for Empire TB.

say what you want, but bounty hunters do have decent synergy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Zolaz wrote: »
    The Bounty Hunters are a burning rubbish heap of a faction. Very little team synergy, weak damage and weak abilities compared to what they face. People have been complaining about Greedo for over a year and instead of fixing him he is made mandatory along with the other Bounty Hunters for Empire TB.

say what you want, but bounty hunters do have decent synergy.

To add to this, i cleared all the BH missions in TB. 4/4 combat waves and both special missions.
    my team: https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/collection/?f=bounty-hunter (i don't use cad)
    combat mission phase 3:
    21ah55t.png
    lost greedo
    special mission phase 5:
    2n0261y.png
    I don't have an **** from the special mission in phase 2, but i cleared that one aswell.
    So yea, my BH's aren't great (2 lvl80 g7 :O), but they get the job done.
  • I'm surprised your Dengar is only G7. He's a solid jack-of-all-trades character.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Thermal detonators need a rework. They should not be treated like a regular debuff in my opinion. This means they have less chance of applying in the first place than regular attacks, and can be cleansed too easily.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    Thermal detonators need a rework. They should not be treated like a regular debuff in my opinion. This means they have less chance of applying in the first place than regular attacks, and can be cleansed too easily.[/quote

I really hate all of the “cannot be resisted” and “cannot be cleansed” effects going on. It’s a cheap way to make them OP. I much prefer adding in uniques or leadership abilities that give a team bonuses if their TDs are cleansed or resisted. Turn the cleanse into a double edge sword.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Bounty hunters are awful apart from Boba
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I'm surprised your Dengar is only G7. He's a solid jack-of-all-trades character.

well, carbanti...