Rate of character release

The rate at which you all have been releasing characters has slowed down greatly compared to before... if you’d like some help give me a call, I’d love to help take this game from decent to amazing. Why isn’t the clone Heavy in the game yet? Where’s the rest of the RTJ characters? I’d like some more characters from the prequels please, Padmé would be cool, as well as senator organa. Some pilots for some more ships would be fantastic as well.

Wait what am I saying these characters will all be released 3 months at a time and cost 3-5 vaults each because this is CG we are talking about.
You all really messed up when you went for trying to make money instead of trying to make content. If I was running the show there’d be 6 TBs by now, and a few ship only combat, with plenty of characters in each faction.

Replies

• nxv
    49 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The dilemma of MMOs is the content never comes out fast enough for the players. SWTOR paid the price so hard it died months after its official release... It's still up and going though, just on the brink of death which is too bad because that game is amazing.

These things take time to develop and since it's new, I'm pretty sure it's coded like kitten. Once they refactor it a bit, make the code more scalable, and get some testing in there (obviously lacking), I'm sure they'll be shipping more TBs in no time.

What's sad IMO is that some characters cost an arm and a leg to get and all this 'panic farming' encouragement. It's despicable, but that's what generates the money in this game.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • The rate at which you all have been releasing characters has slowed down greatly compared to before... if you’d like some help give me a call, I’d love to help take this game from decent to amazing. Why isn’t the clone Heavy in the game yet? Where’s the rest of the RTJ characters? I’d like some more characters from the prequels please, Padmé would be cool, as well as senator organa. Some pilots for some more ships would be fantastic as well.

Wait what am I saying these characters will all be released 3 months at a time and cost 3-5 vaults each because this is CG we are talking about.
    You all really messed up when you went for trying to make money instead of trying to make content. If I was running the show there’d be 6 TBs by now, and a few ship only combat, with plenty of characters in each faction.

They gotta make money somehow man. For a game with no ads and an app for that matter. It is a great game compared to other apps in the App Store/ google play
  • Slightly cheaper gear and way cheaper characters, but creating more characters gets the same amount of money if not more. I think that’d be a solid way to make money and entertain the player base, don’t you @Admiral_Wh1skers
  • I would like to see like a wave 2 of characters, add 5-15 characters that arnt maybe super important like clone troopers battle droids etc and swap them out with different arena gw shipments
  • I understand that they need to make money. But the prices just to unlock a level 1 character at 3* is absolutely insane. For the price they charge the characters should come 7* or at g11.
  • Slightly cheaper gear and way cheaper characters, but creating more characters gets the same amount of money if not more. I think that’d be a solid way to make money and entertain the player base, don’t you @Admiral_Wh1skers

Why would they do that when they could stretch it out and make more over a longer period?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Slightly cheaper gear and way cheaper characters, but creating more characters gets the same amount of money if not more. I think that’d be a solid way to make money and entertain the player base, don’t you @Admiral_Wh1skers

Why would they do that when they could stretch it out and make more over a longer period?

Because then they’d constantly lose people like they do now. Nowadays the only real money they are making is from panic farming. Instead of having the interest of the entire player base wanting to build their rosters up for a reasonable amount of money and a ton of characters in game.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Tons of people complained that they were releasing too many characters too quickly. They can't please everybody all the time. Maybe today is just not your day.
  • Honestly, would love a bunch of characters to choose from , but it makes it frustrating on who to focus on to farm when they release too many at a time. This game takes long enough as a mostly F2P member.