R2 Event is here!

13Next

Replies

• GSmithUK wrote: »
    Ariben wrote: »
    What are the chances that the OP's photo is a troll fake?

Load up Google play & go take a look

I tried on the web. But I'm not on Android/Google for the game.

Here's what's on the web that I can see:

WHAT'S NEW
    Prepare for the ultimate Guild vs. Guild showdown – Territory Wars is here!
    • Get your territories ready for invasion by setting defensives
    • Conquer enemy territories as you annihilate their defenses
    • Use all new Guild commands to direct your guildmates in both Territory Wars and Battles
    • Climb the leaderboard and show the world your power
    In addition, join forces with the Empire in a brand-new Territory Battle! Have fun and thanks for joining the fight!
  • I want it to be true.
  • How will people get CLS if they don't have a 7* R2? That's why R2 should always run just before CLS otherwise if you miss R2, you end up missing CLS for months. Also, EA can make money off selling empire packs if they run R2 first, as people will buy them to get R2 to get CLS.
  • vegoman wrote: »
    How will people get CLS if they don't have a 7* R2? That's why R2 should always run just before CLS otherwise if you miss R2, you end up missing CLS for months. Also, EA can make money off selling empire packs if they run R2 first, as people will buy them to get R2 to get CLS.

He was run at the end of October. There has been plenty of opportunity, as I said before.
    How will people get CLS if they don't have a 7* R2? That's why R2 should always run just before CLS otherwise if you miss R2, you end up missing CLS for months. Also, EA can make money off selling empire packs if they run R2 first, as people will buy them to get R2 to get CLS.

He was run at the end of October. There has been plenty of opportunity, as I said before.

But when will EA make money off of Empire packs? Also a two month gap isn't really plenty of opportunity. I'm ready for CLS apart from R2.
    vegoman wrote: »

But when will EA make money off of Empire packs? Also a two month gap isn't really plenty of opportunity. I'm ready for CLS apart from R2.

He was run twice before October. At what point do we say ‘okay, there’s been enough time?’ When do we accept that ‘if I don’t have x character, yet, I shouldn’t expect y?’

He was run twice before October. At what point do we say ‘okay, there’s been enough time?’ When do we accept that ‘if I don’t have x character, yet, I shouldn’t expect y?’

No one should ever expect to get given a character for free. But when a legendary character is required, you need to have a fair opportunity to acquire them. The legendary running just before the Heroes journey is fair.

No one should ever expect to get given a character for free. But when a legendary character is required, you need to have a fair opportunity to acquire them. The legendary running just before the Heroes journey is fair.

If it wasn’t a priority to grab him at the beginning of last month, knowing CLS would return, that sounds like a personal problem for everyone who slept on him.

If it wasn’t a priority to grab him at the beginning of last month, knowing CLS would return, that sounds like a personal problem for everyone who slept on him.

There are a lot of people who met the requirements but just couldn't beat it, like myself. You also have to remember that R2 would be BONUS and IS NOT REPLACING another event. And also after the BF2 backlash and how Disney are not happy with EA, more community (although smaller) backlash from screwing over some people is something EA really needs to avoid.

Go back & read your messages and listen to how selfish and self centered you are being. Just because you are ready it doesn't mean it shouldn't be run again for those that are now also ready having had Thrawn & Palp events since R2 last one was.

I'm estatic R2 is coming prior to CLS as it means I will have both him and JTR to play around with now.

There are a lot of people who met the requirements but just couldn't beat it, like myself. You also have to remember that R2 would be BONUS and IS NOT REPLACING another event. And also after the BF2 backlash and how Disney are not happy with EA, more community (although smaller) backlash from screwing over some people is something EA really needs to avoid.

It’s not screwing over anyone. If you didn’t have the requirements, you didn’t have them. Just like any other character. If they ran the events simultaneously, I would be totally cool with it. But, as it stands, they keep dangling CLS as a carrot, then snatching him away. It is another delay for something that has been delayed long enough, due to its game-breaking nature.

It’s not screwing over anyone. If you didn’t have the requirements, you didn’t have them. Just like any other character. If they ran the events simultaneously, I would be totally cool with it. But, as it stands, they keep dangling CLS as a carrot, then snatching him away. It is another delay for something that has been delayed long enough, due to its game-breaking nature.

They haven't said when CLS is coming. He is coming, but that doesn't mean R2 can't come first. How hard is that to understand? Do they need to add a hint for omega battles and assault battles coming up as well?

They haven't said when CLS is coming. He is coming, but that doesn't mean R2 can't come first. How hard is that to understand? Do they need to add a hint for omega battles and assault battles coming up as well?

I know he’s coming! Geez! Get it through your skull, they got people’s hopes up for CLS this month with their mysterious garbage lack of communication, their crappy hint and ‘soon’ talk that they’ve been spouting for months! It’s a cheap move and yet another delay. I’ve made my point and I’m done here, because it’s all circular logic with you folks.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    It's on the calendar now (listed for today, what?) as Daring Droid (mythic).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

I know he’s coming! Geez! Get it through your skull, they got people’s hopes up for CLS this month with their mysterious garbage lack of communication, their **** hint and ‘soon’ talk that they’ve been spouting for months! It’s a cheap move and yet another delay. I’ve made my point and I’m done here, because it’s all circular logic with you folks.

They have not delayed CLS. No date was confirmed or teased, just teased he is coming. R2 coming first does not push his event back at all.
  • They are both coming. Just got restart and update. r2 in a day, CLS yet to appear but said same time.
  • They're not at the same time. CLS, delayed a week by R2. But, they are both coming. And, while I'm displeased by the delay and the pandering, I'm a man of my word. I retract my statements and my vitriol.
  • Given new information that R2 is happening before palpatine (i.e. now), is it still worth getting r2 at 5*? I'm not even sure I can - Vader 5*, Tarkin 4* 5/65, TFP 4*, Thrawn 5*, and RG 4* 10/65. I'm high enough in Squad Arena that I can get 10 shards a day between dailies and rewards, so I can get Tarkin and can probably pull off TFP, but would I be able RG to 5* in time?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    DarthDyna wrote: »
    Given new information that R2 is happening before palpatine (i.e. now), is it still worth getting r2 at 5*? I'm not even sure I can - Vader 5*, Tarkin 4* 5/65, TFP 4*, Thrawn 5*, and RG 4* 10/65. I'm high enough in Squad Arena that I can get 10 shards a day between dailies and rewards, so I can get Tarkin and can probably pull off TFP, but would I be able RG to 5* in time?

Worth it, definitely, R2 is awesome. If you're only farming RG from hard nodes, then no, you won't make it.
  • DarthDyna
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Liath wrote: »
    Given new information that R2 is happening before palpatine (i.e. now), is it still worth getting r2 at 5*? I'm not even sure I can - Vader 5*, Tarkin 4* 5/65, TFP 4*, Thrawn 5*, and RG 4* 10/65. I'm high enough in Squad Arena that I can get 10 shards a day between dailies and rewards, so I can get Tarkin and can probably pull off TFP, but would I be able RG to 5* in time?

Worth it, definitely, R2 is awesome. If you're only farming RG from hard nodes, then no, you won't make it.

Bah, that's what I was afraid of. Well, guess I at least don't need to put resources into it. I was banking on it coming after a Palpatine event, which I assume is going to be in January. Thanks for the reply!
  • DarthDyna wrote: »

Bah, that's what I was afraid of. Well, guess I at least don't need to put resources into it. I was banking on it coming after a Palpatine event, which I assume is going to be in January. Thanks for the reply!

Friendly advice: get your Empire sorted now. R2 will be back at the end of February. Be ready.
  • They're not at the same time. CLS, delayed a week by R2. But, they are both coming. And, while I'm displeased by the delay and the pandering, I'm a man of my word. I retract my statements and my vitriol.
    So... you think they should not have done an R2 event before CLS?
    If so, why? Not everyone has a 7* R2 and everyone really wants a CLS.
    Do you have a Jedi Training Rey? I don't.
    I don't have a 7* R2 either. I really don't understand your rant, aside from you want to feel special and don't want anyone else to have nice stuff.

• I unlocked my 7* R2 this morning. Very happy! Now on my way towards CLS :-)
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • Love all the rants about no CLS and then oh yeah Cls straight after event.

• Ariben wrote: »

Friendly advice: get your Empire sorted now. R2 will be back at the end of February. Be ready.

With a stroke of luck, I hit a couple of times on snowtrooper from bronzium which gave me like 30 shards last week, which left me enough time to finish farming him from store, along with Tarkin and TFP...and now I have R2! https://swgoh.gg/u/dae657/

Now I just gotta figure out where I'm gonna put him - I think once I finish Ezra in a few days, I'm going to work on a Wiggs - Lando - STH - R2 squad, but I'm not sure how good that'll be against phoenix. Honestly - I'm actually just not sure who to work on next so I can stay relevant as more non-phoenix, non-nightsister squads start popping up.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017

With a stroke of luck, I hit a couple of times on snowtrooper from bronzium which gave me like 30 shards last week, which left me enough time to finish farming him from store, along with Tarkin and TFP...and now I have R2! https://swgoh.gg/u/dae657/

Now I just gotta figure out where I'm gonna put him - I think once I finish Ezra in a few days, I'm going to work on a Wiggs - Lando - STH - R2 squad, but I'm not sure how good that'll be against phoenix. Honestly - I'm actually just not sure who to work on next so I can stay relevant as more non-phoenix, non-nightsister squads start popping up.

Don't feel you have to replace phoenix completely. Wiggs STH r2 Ezra could be better than having lando in. Maybe it's just me but I reckon the AI will punish you if you run aoe heavy squads. Phoenix especially punishes aoe cls lead too.
  • Naraic wrote: »

Don't feel you have to replace phoenix completely. Wiggs STH r2 Ezra could be better than having lando in. Maybe it's just me but I reckon the AI will punish you if you run aoe heavy squads. Phoenix especially punishes aoe cls lead too.

Hmm, that makes sense. Especially since I have Ezra close to G9. I was just thinking that his AOE tore my squad apart in one battle I did against that squad, but that also tore through STH with counters by the time they killed anyone, and that one was 7* and higher geared than mine will be for a while. Thanks!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Naraic wrote: »

Hmm, that makes sense. Especially since I have Ezra close to G9. I was just thinking that his AOE tore my squad apart in one battle I did against that squad, but that also tore through STH with counters by the time they killed anyone, and that one was 7* and higher geared than mine will be for a while. Thanks!

You can rotate and mix it up. You need to work lando anyway for credit heists. If they have a counter squad swap in Ezra.

It's just Wedge and R2D2 have aoe too. 3 imo is too many but as I say you can mix and match.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

You can rotate and mix it up. You need to work lando anyway for credit heists. If they have a counter squad swap in Ezra.

It's just Wedge and R2D2 have aoe too. 3 imo is too many but as I say you can mix and match.

Ah, I see what you mean. Well, I'll be working on Wedge next anyway from cantina nodes, so I suppose I can just go Wiggs-STH-R2-Ezra until I get a chance to get Lando up anyway.
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH