Ebb and Flow or Number Crunch?

Paladin033112
312 posts Member
edited December 2017
Currently running Rex(L), Zarris, Zihilus, Thrawn, and R2. Would you recommend I zeta Thrawn's "Ebb and Flow" next or R2's "Number Crunch?"
*Not a top 10 team I know, but its what I have to work with for now! Currently ranked around 70.

Or should I save zetas for future FO team with KR and KRU? I've been looking at some possible FO options and KRU's leader ability combined with his unique and KR's unique look very formidable together.

Replies

• number crunch
  • Good thread, thanks.

I'm pretty close to using my first Zeta. And I've already planned it to be one of these two. Awaiting answers eagerly.
  • Thanks! I suppose Number Crunch would make more sense because it would also be useful for the next CLS event (If I can get my Old Ben and Luke to 7* in time). But I still do not know.
  • Thrawn's 100% counter is not a trivial +50%. It can stun the opponent so this didn't cost anything on the TM. Also the fractured toon loses 15% TM. TM is a bigger threat in this game than speed.

I think R2's kit is amazing and have used him in a hybrid LS/DS arena but believe his best use is with LS team all around. Op isn't using R2 in a full LS team so I think Thrawn's zeta is better. Thrawn instantly converts the battle to 5 v 4 (though temporarily) and that's a lot in controling the outcome.
  • Nice, excellent point! thank you. The fact that I am not using a full LS team is probably my biggest reservation with Number Crunch. 10% health, protection, potency, and offense sounds great, but not exceptional if it is just for Rex and Zarris.
  • If solely for arena then no way you can put it on r2. You have no rebels or resistance to benefit from it
  • I'd hold onto it. Ebb and flow works best in an empire team (you're not gonna see the TM benefits w/o empire chars). Unless you have a strong empire team that you're looking to field in raids, where the TM can be huge (excellent with Zader on the pit).
  • Ebb & Flow is a much better zeta in your situation.
  • I'd go with Number Crunch. After Finn and Han it is arguably the best Zeta in the game. It will also help you keep Rex alive for longer.
  • Thanks for all the info and advice guys! I'm also very strongly considering going out of the cliche norms (Rex, CLS, Wiggs, Chaze, Etc..) and doing a Zader lead with ZThrawn, Zhilus, palps, and +1 Empire. Although the whole Rex thing is working for me now, I also strongly dislike doing what everyone else is doing. lol.
  • I run a KRU lead with zylo thrawn cls and r2. I hate doing what everyone else does as well. Lol mines the only DS lead in top 50. All gk or cls. I feel like I could almost drop cls for FOTP as well. But unfortunately cls does so much.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    In your case, prob ebb and flow
  • Number Crunch will always be safe because R2 will always be useful somewhere. Ebb and Flow is safe too, but keep in mind that Thrawn is much less versatile than R2. As far as value I think you are better off doing NC, but no one would blame you for doing EAF.
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I would think Ebb and Flow here.

zBarris is providing a lot of the survivability on the team already. Thrawn has one of the hardest hitting basics in the game and nasty debuffs on it too. But truth is you can not go wrong with your team and I did Number Cruch before Ebb and Flow myself... After I did Thrawn's unique, I was very pleased.

I am mostly worried that it won't matter much anyway what you zeta until you get a legit, taunting tank on your team.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard