Orbital Bombardment special ability doing no damage

Just finished the BH portion of the Dark Side territory battle. I always save the special "orbital bombardment" for opportune moments, but when I used it, it literally did zero damage to the enemy team, and ability blocked a few. I don't care what kind of mass defense bonus they have, but the fact that the special did either "zero" or "negligible" damage to the enemy in only the third round, forget the fourth round, HAS to be some sort of game glitch.

Replies

• I did notice that as well not nearly as devastating as the rebel’s strafing run
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to DS TB Sub forum.

Please report to <<Answers HQ>> so this can be investigated if you are experiencing this.
  • And adding on top of that, the correct percentage of damage is NOT being applied from the AT AT attack either. Just had an ENTIRE rebel team 4th round in YELLOW HP, meaning below half, and no protection, my AT AT came off cooldown at the perfect time so I was celebrating because it says it does 85% of the targets max HP in damage, but BOOM. Nothing dies. THEY HAVE LESS THAN 50% HP. Don't say it does 85% of their HP when It doesn't. All I had left was kylo, and I would have done either of his specials to either get counter or get my protection back if I would have thought it wasn't going to be my winning stroke. WT actual F CG. Come on.
  • nmelcer wrote: »
    And adding on top of that, the correct percentage of damage is NOT being applied from the AT AT attack either. Just had an ENTIRE rebel team 4th round in YELLOW HP, meaning below half, and no protection, my AT AT came off cooldown at the perfect time so I was celebrating because it says it does 85% of the targets max HP in damage, but BOOM. Nothing dies. THEY HAVE LESS THAN 50% HP. Don't say it does 85% of their HP when It doesn't. All I had left was kylo, and I would have done either of his specials to either get counter or get my protection back if I would have thought it wasn't going to be my winning stroke. WT actual F CG. Come on.

The at-at only hits one toon. I wish it was an AoE though. I mean, like the counterpart to strafing run ....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Orbital bombardment seems to be working fine for me. Some of these types of attacks are related to the toon that uses them. so if you use a toon with minimal power this may cause the attack to do minimal damage.
  • Oh good I though I was using the wrong toon to trigger the attacks. Seems the AT AT would only damage one that was targeted and orbital did nothing.
  • The air strike is a complete waste of a turn, it does next to nothing. Yes we had all platoons filled in previous phases.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Orbital bombardment seems to be working fine for me. Some of these types of attacks are related to the toon that uses them. so if you use a toon with minimal power this may cause the attack to do minimal damage.

I noticed the same thing as OP, all the bombardment did was ability block, so I made sure to do it with Zylo the next time, same results. Zylo doesn’t qualify as minimal damage
  • Kyno wrote: »

That's what I suspected at first, but it doesn't make sense: "85% of target's health" is a statement that leaves no room for the firer to have any effect on this. For the first 2 phases and first couple of phase 3 stages this felt consistent no matter who activated the ability, but later-stage performance was so bad it cost me all my combat missions.

I know this ability is the way it is because an aoe wouldn't work well against teams with a rebel officer, but if they're going to have this ability be single-target here at least make it deadly to that single target. Banking the strategy for a match on taking out a problem enemy with this only to see a negligible effect and then have the whole battle turn on its head because of it is really frustrating.
  • Bottom Line: Rebels are still too overpowered and our "buffs" we work hard and sacrifice to get (by filling platoons) aren't doing nearly enough. Even if you have both the AT-AT and AoE air attack, you don't do squat. (Especially when the elite commander who has foresight on him more than JT Rey does heals his entire team for 100%, regardless of what state their HP is in). Oh and then when you don't kill the targets, they'll get healed back to full health, two or three will pop taunt and health up and defense (Seriously? Three buffs in one move? Kinda excessive guys.)
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Bottom Line: Rebels are still too overpowered and our "buffs" we work hard and sacrifice to get (by filling platoons) aren't doing nearly enough. Even if you have both the AT-AT and AoE air attack, you don't do squat. (Especially when the elite commander who has foresight on him more than JT Rey does heals his entire team for 100%, regardless of what state their HP is in). Oh and then when you don't kill the targets, they'll get healed back to full health, two or three will pop taunt and health up and defense (Seriously? Three buffs in one move? Kinda excessive guys.)

Excessive? It's effing ridiculous.
  • Yes, I also noticed that orbital bombardment does next to no damage
  • Glad it's not just me. And Whatelse73 hits the nail on the head with what he is saying about it almost not even being worth those platoons if it really makes that LITTLE of a difference. You get to use it _maybe_ once per round, if that, so having to sacrifice dozens and dozens of toons across the guild to get little to no benefits (other than the TP bonus for completing the platoons) feels like a waste. I'm not asking for an insta kill, but how about make the AT-AT go through armor? Because I KNOW its being affected by defence up, because as I said in original post, it couldn't even kill someone BELOW 50%! Which is completely contrary to what the tooltip says it does.

Bottom line is that CG had better not be done "tuning" this DS TB.

Maybe its proximity bias, but LSTB never felt this unbalanced. Yeah, It was/is difficult, especially at higher tiers, but it also doesn't feel like I'm being gutted by sandpaper when I lose. Can you guys please QA things while not using maxed out g12 of every toon to check your balancing? That's not how this works. Only a small percentage of higher end guilds have 4-5 full teams of legendary geared characters. The vast majority, even those with whales in them (i.e. the only customers you give a crap about), that don't. So why would you be QAing an experience that the VAST MAJORITY of your player base (again, including your PAYING CUSTOMERS) are not getting?

Maybe think and test before releasing something this big next time.
    Glad it's not just me. And Whatelse73 hits the nail on the head with what he is saying about it almost not even being worth those platoons if it really makes that LITTLE of a difference. You get to use it _maybe_ once per round, if that, so having to sacrifice dozens and dozens of toons across the guild to get little to no benefits (other than the TP bonus for completing the platoons) feels like a waste. I'm not asking for an insta kill, but how about make the AT-AT go through armor? Because I KNOW its being affected by defence up, because as I said in original post, it couldn't even kill someone BELOW 50%! Which is completely contrary to what the tooltip says it does.

Maybe its proximity bias, but LSTB never felt this unbalanced. Yeah, It was/is difficult, especially at higher tiers, but it also doesn't feel like I'm being gutted by sandpaper when I lose. Can you guys please QA things while not using maxed out g12 of every toon to check your balancing? That's not how this works. Only a small percentage of higher end guilds have 4-5 full teams of legendary geared characters. The vast majority, even those with whales in them (i.e. the only customers you give a **** about), that don't. So why would you be QAing an experience that the VAST MAJORITY of your player base (again, including your PAYING CUSTOMERS) are not getting?

I agree, DS TB needs to be toned down about 25%. The devs do realize that the rebels were crushed at the battle of Hoth right?
    Glad it's not just me. And Whatelse73 hits the nail on the head with what he is saying about it almost not even being worth those platoons if it really makes that LITTLE of a difference. You get to use it _maybe_ once per round, if that, so having to sacrifice dozens and dozens of toons across the guild to get little to no benefits (other than the TP bonus for completing the platoons) feels like a waste. I'm not asking for an insta kill, but how about make the AT-AT go through armor? Because I KNOW its being affected by defence up, because as I said in original post, it couldn't even kill someone BELOW 50%! Which is completely contrary to what the tooltip says it does.

Maybe its proximity bias, but LSTB never felt this unbalanced. Yeah, It was/is difficult, especially at higher tiers, but it also doesn't feel like I'm being gutted by sandpaper when I lose. Can you guys please QA things while not using maxed out g12 of every toon to check your balancing? That's not how this works. Only a small percentage of higher end guilds have 4-5 full teams of legendary geared characters. The vast majority, even those with whales in them (i.e. the only customers you give a **** about), that don't. So why would you be QAing an experience that the VAST MAJORITY of your player base (again, including your PAYING CUSTOMERS) are not getting?

Agreed, DS TB needs to be tones down by 25% at least. The devs do know that the rebels were crushed during the Battle of Hoth right?