Yet another "do I reroll" thread

Hey all,

New player here. I discovered this game 5 days ago and discovered the forums 3 days ago, which was about 2 days too late. I'm really enjoying it so far, but it's overwhelming how much there is to learn!

I've read a bunch of guides and have a better sense of how I would succeed starting from scratch, but maybe what I have is workable? Here's my situation:

I'm level 38. I'm #2049 in my arena. Only #1 in my arena is level 50, so we're all still very new. I climbed into the 1800s today but got knocked back down pretty hard.

Characters I currently have:
-Farmboy Luke, 4*, 4 gear
-Old Ben, 4*, 4 gear
-Kylo Ren, 4*, 4 gear
-Clone Wars Chewbacca, 4*, 4 gear, 8 shards
-Jedi Consular, 3*, 4 gear, 18 shards
-Talia, 3*, 4 gear, 4 shards, only powered to lvl 32
-QGJ, 2*, not powered, 20 shards
-Teebo, 2*, not powered
-Assorted nameless fighters and pilots at various stars and levels

I'm 29/80 shards for Lando, 15/50 for STH, and 8/80 for Boba Fett (was stupid and was buying QGJ before I realized he seems to be outdated, then got him from a pack in the store).

The wisdom of the day seems to be to go for Phoenix, but I haven't started on that at all. Based on what I have, can I move up in the arena? Can I build a team quickly enough to be competitive in other areas? I don't really feel a burning need to be #1 and I'm F2P all the way, but I don't want to fall so far behind that this game is nothing but a slog and a frustration. I've only invested a few days, so now would be the time to start over if I'm going to. But if I can work with this, where should I focus?

Replies

• 5 days isn’t too far in. The guy at the top is probably spending $ and you likely won’t catch them for weeks.

One note: you won’t get that free 4* kylo a second time unless you can play on a different device.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Once you are behind in level you are behind til you hit 85 as the people further up will always be higher level and getting more refreshes. That said its upto you whether you find the game fun or not and if you want to reroll. If I were you I would start a new game on a new device. Play til level 27 and then just log in every day 3 times to claim bonus energy. Then in a months time decide if you want to go crazy and start again or if you are happy playing for fun on your current account.
  • You are not so far behind as you think.

Scoundrels and Phoenix would be my advice. If you can beat those guys to the top tier of the Credit Heist, you'll probably over take them. Getting to level 6o isn't that difficult, getting 10-15 toons from 60 to 85 is very expensive.

Also, When I was coming up, I remember there was major pain in the butt Scoundrel team in my top 100 that just really annoying.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Nice to know I'm not in such bad shape! Both of my devices use the same iOS GC account, so starting over would be a pain from that perspective. I'd have to unlink somewhere and make a new one.

So the game plan going forward:
    -Keep after Boba Fett, Lando, STH
    -Go after Phoenix from light/dark holotables and guild?
    -After I get Boba, Lando, STH, do I keep starring them or do I focus on getting Phoenix?

Right now my arena squad is Farmboy Luke, Old Ben, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, and JC. Is QGJ worth doing anything with, or should I just ignore him?

I still have a while before I have to think about mods and fleets, right?

Thanks for the replies everyone :)
  • Keep after Clone Wars Chewy, too and add one Scoundrel that you can farm fast... probably be Cad Bane in Galactic War. Work on scoundrels until you can beat the last tier of credit heist. You will not regret this. The difference between 1.5M and 5M every 10 days or so will more than make up for the time and gear it takes to do this.

It isn't gonna be sexy, but look... arena ranks 1001 - 2500 is 40 crystals. You are giving up nothing, but tripling your credit earn. Also, when you start leveling up characters to 85 and leveling mods to L15 and you arena mates are still barley able to do T1-2 of the heist you will be in great shape.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard