Let's bring TB down to 4 days

Let's admit it, 6 days is too long. We need to bring it down to 4 days active adjusting difficulty and missions accordingly.

Replies

• This is one of the better ideas for TB that I've seen
  • Really? So I can have more days of nothing to do in the game? No thanks.
  • +1

Six days is too long. It was obviously originally intended to be a 3 day event (6 12 hour phases). 12 hour phases are impractical, so I appreciate them sticking with 24 hours. However, now that it drags on for 6 days, it feels like a chore after 4.
  • Let's not and say we did,
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Really? So I can have more days of nothing to do in the game? No thanks.

Toss in another TW. Boom. Fixed
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Really? So I can have more days of nothing to do in the game? No thanks.

Toss in another TW. Boom. Fixed

No.
  • Well, to be fair we were supposed to be getting rewards cycled faster but with the 24 hours it seems reasonable for them to take less time but have more of them...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • DarthKaffee
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Sounds familiar... https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/148960/shorten-tb-to-4-days#latest

And don't worry, @GhostTruckin Didn't like my idea then either ;)
  • +1 for this idea.

4 days of TB, 3 Days TW, repeating (no more back-to-back TW). We will then get 2x dark side and 2x light side per month, keeping TW at 4x per month.
  • DarthKaffee
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    To address concerns that shortening to 4 days would lead to less loot: lower the total possible score to 36 stars for LS TB and 39 for DS TB (or whatever the adjustment would need to be if cutting off first two DS phases) and scale rewards accordingly so that earning 36 or 39 stars gains just as much loot as the current 45 or 48. It wouldn't be that hard at all to turn 0-45 into 0-36/0-39. In fact it could offer more loot to lower guilds with the star count more compressed but same reward spread as we have now. And this would allow for more frequent TW and the accompanying zeta(s) reward.

• Sorry I didn't mean to steal your idea, i just thought of it. You are right tho, 4 days is reasonable
  • It's not the idea per se, It's the likely implementation that would be used, which is reverting to the original 12 hour phases which will hinder virtually every single player . Cuz let's be honest, they won't cut two phases out. @DarthKaffee
  • @GhostTruckin I have found that trying to guess or assume what CG would do is a fool's errand and generally find that fear of the fix shouldn't prevent one from advocating for changes to a flawed product or process.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @GhostTruckin I have found that trying to guess or assume what CG would do is a fool's errand and generally find that fear of the fix shouldn't prevent one from advocating for changes to a flawed product or process.

If your trying to fixed broken product or content, then by all means campaign away, however, changing TB duration isn't in that category ;)
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I like this game and I wish people would stop asking for less of it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I like this game and I wish people would stop asking for less of it.

He has a point ^
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I would love to see this however history shows the fix/change to give us what we want will most likely not be the greatest.
    2 recent Examples:
    1. Change for asking about needing new fo and mt in DSTB platoons when vets and wicket were not needed in lstb... They added vets and wicket to lstb platoons
    2. Change for officer ability to lock portions of TB... They gave us a soft lock that anyone can bypass and a hard lock at 3* that no one can lift

So yeah I can see them shorting TB's as we are requesting by making them 12 hour phases.
    My faith in them doing the favorable thing just keeps going away, so I just except the worst outcome.
  • scuba wrote: »
    I would love to see this however history shows the fix/change to give us what we want will most likely not be the greatest.
    2 recent Examples:
    1. Change for asking about needing new fo and mt in DSTB platoons when vets and wicket were not needed in lstb... They added vets and wicket to lstb platoons
    2. Change for officer ability to lock portions of TB... They gave us a soft lock that anyone can bypass and a hard lock at 3* that no one can lift

So yeah I can see them shorting TB's as we are requesting by making them 12 hour phases.
    My faith in them doing the favorable thing just keeps going away, so I just except the worst outcome.

Thanks @scuba you summed it up quite well as usual ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The best suggestion I've read is to give officers an option to move to the next phase whenever they like before the forced progression after 24hrs. Then it's up to each guild to decide their own pace and wether they want to earn the last Special Missions and GP or not before moving on. Guilds in which all members are within the same time zone could choose to make it a 3 hrs intense raid if they like, while guilds with members spread all over the world would naturally need more time.
  • It does just drag out and now with TB DS and TW, it takes longer to return to work on HOLO.
  • The Ostrich in the sand technique? The longer you ignore that I did not get my rewards the easier it will be to say it has been too long to give the rewards?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard