CLS requirements question

HK666
1263 posts Member
So my Han and Leia should be high enough gear level, han is 30/100 and leia is 27/100.

Running the numbers of me just getting them from Arena shards (of which I get a steady 700 hundred a day, mostly cuz I left the game and came back), I'll have them both finished around Jan 7th which is four days too late. On Jan 3rd, the end of the event, I'll have about 30 or so shards to go.

So my question is, what's the best way to make sure I will have 7*s for the event?
Can I rely on the Guild Events Store to get those ~30 shards (which would cost 2400 currency, easy after this TB ends) and then regular shipments to help out (I don't a lot of crystals to spare, refreshing Ben once a day to make sure he's ready, but he should be fine). Like it does add up to me finishing both toons in time in my head, but if they don't show up in the store and refreshing fails I'll be in deep doo doo.

Should I focus on one character with Arena currency and buy a pack to get me the rest and have that guaranteed? Like if the above method is likely to fail I could get one up with the arena shards in time and get a pack to finish them off. That 5$ pack for 50 han shards and some shard shop currency is looking mighty tasty. I'd rather not pick this method cuz you know, real money but giving this game some support isn't one of my nightmares. Especially for 10 cents a shard and some bonus crud.

Also, if ~16 days doesn't sound right for 700 arena currency a day, plz speak up. It's not hard to make a miscalculation.

Also, Also- permission granted to yell at me for not having these two ready before hand. Starred and benched Savage and The Senate but with Lightsabers before getting ready for this. Another mistake under my belt.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to better sub forum
  • Unless you're morally opposed to spending, $5 for 50 Han shards makes all of your problems go away. IIRC, the packs were 699 or 799 and you could get any one of four characters. Given that you only need shards for two and you're bottleneck is squad arena currency, you could be in a world of hurt.

If you enjoy playing the game, play it with CLS for the price of a decent cup of coffee.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    @cannon_fodder_jr

That's what I'm thinking I'm going to do. Thanks for the info on the other packs!
  • The individual toon packs are limited to one purchase of each. Something you probably know. At 27 and 30/100 you will still need them both to 50/100, don't want to see you put all currency in to one of them and be left 10 shards short on the other and be unable to buy another guaranteed pack.

I only put in money to get things I think are worth it and I have no doubt CLS is one, better than waiting another 4 months too.
  • You should be able to get 95 shards (11 days x 700 = 7700 ÷ 400 = 19.25, 19 x 5 = 95) by the end of the event assuming you have 0 arena currency right now. So it's doable with one pack but it will be pretty close.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    @JediJim I calculated 105 shards for 12 days, so my math pretty much adds up to yours. Should of done it your way tho, much more to the point

The 100 (600 currency I have right now makes it 100) shards I'll get from arena plus 50 from a pack puts me at finishing the last day with 7 extra shards. I've already got the 50 from the pack (was gonna wait, but got more bang for my buck than 20$ for 80) I'm gonna burn through some guild event currency still to speed it up by a day or two in case adjustments need to be made or something.

Thanks! Nice knowing my math is solid.
  • You need 90 shards to get there so my math or yours both say you are set to make it. Might find Leiain guild events store too, give yourself an extra day.
    Good luck @HK666
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Quick way is to buy bundles. Bundle for specific HJ toons will be released as the event goes live. Or you can farm those two from guild event store too. But requires RNG drops. They are not always there.

If you need just 10 or 15 more, chances are high you will be able to get that extra from Guild event store. I have been there, done that, in November. Thought CLS will come soon and was panic farming them.