Now that everyone is gonna have CLS... ($uggestions)

Prev13
As much as I want CLS his return scares me. Due to Rey being completely P2P and quite expensive even for most dolphins, there are gonna be only a few of them per shard. As a result CLS remains without contest.

The lack of counterplay is gonna make arena very unstable. Most people own Thranw, R2, Han and Kenobi by now.

I think we need more characters to step up and stir things up so here are a few suggestions.

1. Give us a bounty hunter rework and a couple of new bounty hunters. It goes without saying that bounty hunters are a major part of this universe. They have played an important role in the story and in this game they are completely underwhelming.
This is an excellent opportunity to rework them for the better as they are also essential for dark side TB.

I can imagine them having a variety of characters. For snipers with high damage to supports with tons of utility(buffs and most importantly debuffs). Possible unremovable debuffs like electro cuffs and harpoons.

2. Rework Separatists and General Grievous. It goes without saying that separatists are a major part of star wars. Although the hate for the prequels is very strong amongst SW fans, clone wars seems to be everyone's favourite series. We want more of the clone war era.

3. New clones. Clones are solid for p2 and 4 of aat but they are horrible in arena. I mean plain bad... we need a few more clones with more pvp oriented kits that can dish out some damage, we need a solid clone tank and a leadership for speed. Hevy would make an excellent tank as he sacrificed himself to save his friends from the droid invasion on Rishi system. Give him an auto taunt and some decent protection recovery and he could be the next big tank. Also commander wolfe could make an excellent attacker.

4. The Sith are horrible in raids. I have tried using my zeta maul in every phase of each raid and they simply don't work. I would assume a squad that isn't viable in raids would have to compensate with some great pvp capabilities but unfortunately Sith suck at that too... They are basically a dead faction and they are useless. Give us a new Sith or some type of rework to allow them to become arena viable again. Make their AOE abilities not trigger counter attacks, especially Nihilus.

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    You lost me at
    Due to Rey being completely P2P and quite expensive even for most dolphins

Many ftp got Rey Jedi Training
  • scuba wrote: »
    You lost me at

No
  • cadwane wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    You lost me at

No
    Yep
    You lost me at

It was actually mathematically proven that a f2p couldn't have gotten enough crystals to farm the vets in time unless they made like top 1-3 in both ships and arena every day.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    cadwane wrote: »
    You lost me at

It was actually mathematically proven that a f2p couldn't have gotten enough crystals to farm the vets in time unless they made like top 1-3 in both ships and arena every day.

Ever hear of saving? I have multiple ftp in my guild that got her. Just because some ftp didn't save to get her doesn't mean every ftp didn't.
    I had been telling many of the ftp in my guild to keep saving crystals so they could go crazy farming the vets and if necessary get the shards from shipments if it was announced they would be needed and when they sent the vets to a farming location.

Edit : to add you really think with all the ftp out there that there are not a bunch that did get her? Many FTP get 1-3 daily in both ships and fleet.
    You lost me at

Not true st all.(source : I'm ftp with training Rey)

Can we rotate out the Moderators?
    You lost me at

I think you meant relatively few. Or, you meant many of the f2p people earning top ranks in both arenas
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    snowhut wrote: »
    You lost me at

I think you meant relatively few. Or, you meant many of the f2p people earning top ranks in both arenas

Sure I don't have the numbers so could be many could be few but she is definitely not P2P only.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You lost me at

No

Lol. Way to completely derail your own thread by insisting on this.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    You lost me at

I still needed to save up about 10k crystals to get her (ftp and get top 4 everyday in both). But I got her without spending a dime.

But moving on to your OP, CLS wasn't dominant before Rey. GK/Zarriss is super ftp friendly and is was the long time natural counter to CLS rebs. And NS, even low star NS, absolutely destroy a CLS team. NS can still whoop rey pretty good too. But you don't see many NS teams because they have a high investment cost (4 zetas). Point is, CLS ain't all that anymore. The worst thing about CLS being dominant in arena, is that his natural counters don't require much mod depth.

But I do agree that the first three factions you mention could use some love at some point (hopefully BH first since they have TB nodes). I would argue that sith are still pretty dece. They do ok vs rey, do well vs NS, and are one of the better defensive teams for TW.
  • When the majority of many guilds won’t get Rey, it’s not an EASY farm as you all state, she is a difficult farm for F2P like it or not, if 40/50 of any guilds over 100M Gp had her, you could say she was an easy farm, but the truth if you look at swgoh is that around 20-25% of the people got her, so She is not a very F2P friendly farm.

Get out of your bubbles. Numbers speak by their own.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    You lost me at

Totally disagree with you on this one scuba.
  • And many of the ones that have her, had NS before her, so it’s quite obvious, no????
    By your statement you could say Talzin is F2P because if you saved the 24.000 crystals to get her to 7* she is EASILY F2P
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    TofuMao wrote: »
    When the majority of many guilds won’t get Rey, it’s not an EASY farm as you all state, she is a difficult farm for F2P like it or not, if 40/50 of any guilds over 100M Gp had her, you could say she was an easy farm, but the truth if you look at swgoh is that around 20-25% of the people got her, so She is not a very F2P friendly farm.

Get out of your bubbles. Numbers speak by their own.

Who said it was easy? I don't even see the word easy in any of these posts. The OP was the one speaking in extremes by saying "completely p2p."
    You lost me at

Yup, +1 from me.
  • Btw, Maul is great in HAAT P4 too. Obviously not a mega multi phase team but decent performance at least. Check out the Juggermaul.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1231968/#Comment_1231968
  • 1 word for all this CLS worry-dorry-morry stuff (JTR too):

Wampa

~D
  • The problem that may come with CLS is that counters like Talzin/JTR etc are not going to be accessed by the majority for some time still.

It's going to be CLS/GK/Barriss/Han/R2/Chaze/Wedge dominant for a little while yet.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    TofuMao wrote: »
    And many of the ones that have her, had NS before her, so it’s quite obvious, no????
    By your statement you could say Talzin is F2P because if you saved the 24.000 crystals to get her to 7* she is EASILY F2P

Talzin doesn't need 7 stars to be viable in arena. A Talzin NS comp is super viable at 3 stars and zombie at 2 stars. So while I agree Talzin isn't f2p, the comp certainly is.
  • commander_unknown01
    151 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Farming vets and first order (for bb-8) will be an endurance thing for f2p...wish they had more locations to farm (there are a few cantina nodes w/o shards in level 3 i think).
    If the above said is inplemented, f2p will easily get RJT (rey jedi training).
    Hope devs add vets and first order to more farmable nodes and a bit higher drop rate.
    But i will say this, new GW stinks!!
    Sincerely,
    F2P GUY
  • There's more than just Arena to this game. I missed CLS the first time because I was out of the country and without access to my phone during the R2 and first part of CLS (I had everyone but R2 farmed to 7*).

I would LOVE to have CLS for raids, territory wars, and territory battles...I honestly couldn't care less about Arena. So long as I'm top-100, I'm good.
  • Got Rey as a F2P quite easily.

- alternate between first and 2nd in both arena
    - saved up 10K crystals for first double drop
    - saved up another 5K for second double drop

So the statement 'Rey is completely F2P' is false
    You lost me at

Ever hear of saving? I have multiple ftp in my guild that got her. Just because some ftp didn't save to get her doesn't mean every ftp didn't.

It's still ridiculous scuba. Even if she's not absolutely a P2P toon, the vast majority of people who have her will be P2P.

OP, the problem is that they made CLS and RJT overpowered, and there's no way to easily balance the game at this point. They shot themselves in the foot.
    You suggest reworks. Well, they hate reworks, and it's not hard to figure out why. Reworks gain them nothing...there's no crystal spend because a lot of people will already have those toons.
    They can introduce new toons to combat them, but that still renders a too-large part of the existing collection useless. They simply allowed power-creep too fast and lost control of it. The best solution would be for them to nerf CLS and RJT, but you and I both know there'd be a full scale riot if they did that. And so we're stuck with the unbalanced mess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • JTR is not easy. Nor is she totally P2P. In the brutal farm (I went with the early/best guesses and prepared based on that) ALL of my other teams suffered because every crystal and every piece of gear went to getting JRT for seven weeks or whatever it was. Now you can say that she was a difficult farm and a lot of people didn’t feel like putting in the effort because it was so hard, but saying that she was strictly P2P is the bitterness of your frustration. I didn’t like how it was rolled out either, but I did everything in my power to get her regardless.

The meta won’t change much, it’ll just get more crowded at the top
  • Got Rey as a F2P quite easily.

So you are part of the 0.1% who get top 1 or 2 in arena. Well ok dude
    Got Rey as a F2P quite easily.

So you are part of the 0.1% who get top 1 or 2 in arena. Well ok dude

Actually less than 0.1% more like 0.05%
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    You lost me at

It's still ridiculous scuba. Even if she's not absolutely a P2P toon, the vast majority of people who have her will be P2P.

OP, the problem is that they made CLS and RJT overpowered, and there's no way to easily balance the game at this point. They shot themselves in the foot.
    You suggest reworks. Well, they hate reworks, and it's not hard to figure out why. Reworks gain them nothing...there's no crystal spend because a lot of people will already have those toons.
    They can introduce new toons to combat them, but that still renders a too-large part of the existing collection useless. They simply allowed power-creep too fast and lost control of it. The best solution would be for them to nerf CLS and RJT, but you and I both know there'd be a full scale riot if they did that. And so we're stuck with the unbalanced mess.

You don't have to nerf CLS, you just make Rey easily accessible. To anyone who has played for a year to a year and half. You also make night sisters and shore-krennic easier to get also
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    10k crystals he said. ftp he said...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    10k crystals he said. ftp he said...

You think a f2p can't save crystals?
    Degs29 wrote: »
    You lost me at

You don't have to nerf CLS, you just make Rey easily accessible. To anyone who has played for a year to a year and half. You also make night sisters and shore-krennic easier to get also

You're living in a dream world.