Do you enjoy DS TB?

Replies

  • leef
    11956 posts Member
    DS TB is okay
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started.

    And then there were those, who understood your point very well, but simply didn't agree with you, because you missed some points.

    And I totally get that, and every person here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Thats kinda the point of this post, actually - voicing our opinions without getting hostile. Just so happens to be that currently, 75% of the playerbase on this forum who have taken the time to vote - share my opinion.

    With 125 votes cast it's 23%.

    Buddy, 23% would rather shove their kitten in a wood chipper - dont flatter yourself. 75% Agree it needs alot of work.

    Quick question, do you think even 1 of those people would actually rather shove their kitten into a woodchipper?
    Obviously no one, so it's reasonable to assume that the people who voted for "needs some work" are actually kinda possitive about DS TB.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    5010 posts Member
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    urtil wrote: »
    Where I see a problem is for newer guilds. The best DS toons are hidden behind hard to farm nodes which makes it more difficult for newer guilds. Could they ease it a bit more in the first two or three phases to make it more palatable for very new guilds? Yes, I think so and would agree that this would make it a better experience for newer players.

    Agreed. However, I regard the two TBs more like the two raids. It's relatively easy for newcomers to become able to beat heroic pit raids, while a guild of newcomers will have to spend months and months on normal AAT until they become ready for heroic mode. I regard LS TB and DS TB a bit in the same way.
    urtil wrote: »
    When I go into P6 with a G11/G12 Sith team that has Zetas on everyone (zKylo as my 5th), I shouldn't get knocked out in a couple hits on the last wave. The difficulty is pretty much impossible, unless they meant it to be for G14 teams or better. And that's with ideal teams. Not that it matters when the Platoons eat up all the best DS characters, so even if those ideal teams could work, you end up having to break them up.

    But I don't get those complaints from people that the battles are designed for G14 toons with ideal teams. I don't have a single gear 12 toon and regularly finish all four phases.

    It is also doable with Siths and there are no zetas on my siths (except Vader lead should I decide to go for it which I normally don't) and only Palpatine is gear XI and Nihilus gear X. It certainly isn't a walk in the park with Siths and yes, I do have decent mods on my DS toons because I also use them in arena or for raids. But no god mods - just fairly decent ones.

    Exactly! I know, that I have neglected my DS roster until DS TB was released. However, I completed 4, 2 and 2 CM waves in the final phase recently, and I might be able to have completed 4, 3 and 3 instead, had I spent thetime to move my best mods between teams. Furthermore, as my roster develops, I will have more options team—wise after having assigned to platoons, and maybe I have also found better team composition. It's all good.
    urtil wrote: »
    I am playing this game for one year as a FTP. If I am able to do this I would imagine it is simply the lack of focus on DS toons that now catches up with people. They have Chaze, CLS, Zolos, GKs, zzR2, zBarris, zFinn and whatever but not ShT, DT, DK, B2 or SiT. I would also assume that people have their best mods often on their LS toons which dominate arena and don't really switch them for DS TB. Of course people think those battles are much more difficult. And they are. But not impossible.

    Exactly! I accept the fact, that I have neglected my DS roster. I accept that the battles may be designed for people, who have focused as much on DS toons as I have on LS toons, and that DS TB will feel harder for me as a consequence. Catching up roster—wise takes some dedication and time. Moving mods around (which will also make a huge difference) only takes a couple of minutes and some credits for each CM.
    urtil wrote: »
    For me this game is about progressing and not finishing everything immediately once it hits the screen. I personally want to feel that I progress and not just feel omnipotent. DS TB does just that. It is difficult and hits many players at a blind spot but it is a welcome challenge and provides diversity. In addition I prefer shorter, more difficult fights to endless waves of easy to beat opponents. (Once more, overall I find TBs to be more on the boring side as you fight endless waves of the same opponents over and over again but it seems the main criticism is not that it is boring but that it is too difficult and with that I disagree)
    [/quote]

    I couldn't agree more.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    Waqui wrote: »
    Migux7 wrote: »
    And now they are putting wampas in plattons?

    Players could easily have wampa at 6* by then depending on how they chose to spend or save their ressources. Each guild will probably need only a few to fill platoons — not 50 of them. Just like when a few hermits were needed. Managing ressources and making choices along the way is all part of the game. I see no problem there.

    You making a major assumption that most guilds are even getting over 10 stars a TB. Not all guilds can even do HAAT raids. So, how are these guilds going to have enough stars to unlock Wampa or HYoda? Same assumption people have thinking everyone on these forums are top 50 in arena.

    Smaller guilds will never have a hope to unlock those toons, even ROLO or IPD at this rate.
  • I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    I enjoy the challenge and having something to justify working on Dark Side characters.
  • Waqui
    5010 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    Perfxion wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Migux7 wrote: »
    And now they are putting wampas in plattons?

    Players could easily have wampa at 6* by then depending on how they chose to spend or save their ressources. Each guild will probably need only a few to fill platoons — not 50 of them. Just like when a few hermits were needed. Managing ressources and making choices along the way is all part of the game. I see no problem there.

    You making a major assumption that most guilds are even getting over 10 stars a TB. Not all guilds can even do HAAT raids. So, how are these guilds going to have enough stars to unlock Wampa or HYoda? Same assumption people have thinking everyone on these forums are top 50 in arena.

    Smaller guilds will never have a hope to unlock those toons, even ROLO or IPD at this rate.

    I have an alt for giggles and fun in a guild which scores about 21 stars in LS TB. That guild won only 1 TW. I promoted Wampa to 6* after the recently finished DS TB on that account and have also spent a little bit on gear — not much, though. They score a few ROLO shards every LS TB.

    If your guild only scores 10 stars but you still expect to finish all platoons you would either be extremely well coordinated or be completely unrealistic about your own abilities. My main guild scores 41* in LS TB. Almost 50 ROLO shards per LS TB. Even we don't fill all platoons. It's all good. We still strive to improve.
  • I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started.

    And then there were those, who understood your point very well, but simply didn't agree with you, because you missed some points.

    And I totally get that, and every person here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Thats kinda the point of this post, actually - voicing our opinions without getting hostile. Just so happens to be that currently, 75% of the playerbase on this forum who have taken the time to vote - share my opinion.

    With 125 votes cast it's 23%.

    Buddy, 23% would rather shove their kitten in a wood chipper - dont flatter yourself. 75% Agree it needs alot of work.

    So, you're saying, that voting "TB needs work" is the same as saying, that TB needs _a_lot_ of work?
    And you don't accept, that some people, who voted 'I don't enjoy DS TB", simply don't like TB (LS as well as DS) no matter how much work will be put into DS TB to lower the difficulty? Take ObiJuanPollo as an example.

    You, sir, have a quite alternative way of interpreting the response you receive.

    As you have said before; the post was laid out with crystal clarity - if you didn't understand the basic premise... well, that is your fault. Sound familiar?

    Yes, 75% of us can agree on basic premises such as it needing substantial work. Dont you feel this is a bit of a desperate grasp, Waqui? The comments, the votes, the threads speak for themselves. You are outnumbered by opinion.
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    .
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    leef wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started.

    And then there were those, who understood your point very well, but simply didn't agree with you, because you missed some points.

    And I totally get that, and every person here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Thats kinda the point of this post, actually - voicing our opinions without getting hostile. Just so happens to be that currently, 75% of the playerbase on this forum who have taken the time to vote - share my opinion.

    With 125 votes cast it's 23%.

    Buddy, 23% would rather shove their kitten in a wood chipper - dont flatter yourself. 75% Agree it needs alot of work.

    Quick question, do you think even 1 of those people would actually rather shove their kitten into a woodchipper?
    Obviously no one, so it's reasonable to assume that the people who voted for "needs some work" are actually kinda possitive about DS TB.

    Well, seeing as 31 voted that direction... Uhm, yeah, yeah I do. And if you can't see the sarcastic humor in that option, well - Im just plain sorry for you.


    Must say its quite funny to me that when the Naysayers run out of arguements, it turns nonsensical. Youve got the numbers, right in front of you of how people feel - and you're really gonna sit here and argue semantics? What a joke, either y'all are blind to the hundreds of posts and threads other players have posted - or you're just flat out trolling. Either way, Imma continue to let the vote speak for itself - you can continue to flail as you see fit. Im done responding to the immature attention grabbing arguements.
  • I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    I love the DS TB! It is a great chance for those who have focused on the dark side characters to get some reward for doing so. The only thing I would change is the IPD shard mission is too tough -- I wish that was downgraded to just a character check like the ROLO mission.

    My whole guild is really enjoying it. LS TB is boring because it's too easy. DS TB gives us some fun because it's challenging.
  • DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction
    I do it for the rewards, but feel no desire to actually do much for it. Maybe if I were in a better guild, but not really atm. I have a Sith team and an Empire team that can auto every node of GW. The fact that I can't beat most Combat Missions on DSTB with either team on manual is nigh incomprehensible.
  • leef
    11956 posts Member
    DS TB is okay
    Zenflow wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started.

    And then there were those, who understood your point very well, but simply didn't agree with you, because you missed some points.

    And I totally get that, and every person here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Thats kinda the point of this post, actually - voicing our opinions without getting hostile. Just so happens to be that currently, 75% of the playerbase on this forum who have taken the time to vote - share my opinion.

    With 125 votes cast it's 23%.

    Buddy, 23% would rather shove their kitten in a wood chipper - dont flatter yourself. 75% Agree it needs alot of work.

    Quick question, do you think even 1 of those people would actually rather shove their kitten into a woodchipper?
    Obviously no one, so it's reasonable to assume that the people who voted for "needs some work" are actually kinda possitive about DS TB.

    Well, seeing as 31 voted that direction... Uhm, yeah, yeah I do. And if you can't see the sarcastic humor in that option, well - Im just plain sorry for you.

    wow, way to miss to point.
    Anyway, your poll is skewed if according to yourself option 3, 4 and 5 are basically the same. I probably should have voted option 1 instead of option 2 given the way you interpret the results.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    leef wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started.

    And then there were those, who understood your point very well, but simply didn't agree with you, because you missed some points.

    And I totally get that, and every person here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Thats kinda the point of this post, actually - voicing our opinions without getting hostile. Just so happens to be that currently, 75% of the playerbase on this forum who have taken the time to vote - share my opinion.

    With 125 votes cast it's 23%.

    Buddy, 23% would rather shove their kitten in a wood chipper - dont flatter yourself. 75% Agree it needs alot of work.

    Quick question, do you think even 1 of those people would actually rather shove their kitten into a woodchipper?
    Obviously no one, so it's reasonable to assume that the people who voted for "needs some work" are actually kinda possitive about DS TB.

    Well, seeing as 31 voted that direction... Uhm, yeah, yeah I do. And if you can't see the sarcastic humor in that option, well - Im just plain sorry for you.

    wow, way to miss to point.
    Anyway, your poll is skewed if according to yourself option 3, 4 and 5 are basically the same. I probably should have voted option 1 instead of option 2 given the way you interpret the results.

    They are shades of the same thing. Its about as black and white as is possible. The first two options, are positive. The first being more so than the second. The third is for rational folk who don't get frustrated on quite the same level as "kitten in a woodchipper" but the very option itself says "needs work." Thats what 75% of players agree upon, and the numbers of which my arguement has hinged on.

    And to think no one else was confused in the opposite direction - well, that would be naive. Theres one post already that is contrary to its vote. Voted thoroughly enjoy, but posted a list of problems.
    Again, if you had read the poll first - I dont see any issue. It was made pretty clear in the first few sentences that the primary complaint on this poll, is the difficulty.

    There, now that its been spelled out in the simplest context possible - Imma continue to sit back and watch the votes. Adios
  • DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction
    I actually enjoy DSTB although I believe it needs a bit of work. Once you discover the kill order for the enemy it is perfectly acceptable in my view. I like the fact it is more of a challenge than LSTB, but having said that we are getting the same number of stars in our guild for both TBs.

    The only thing that I think needs looking at urgently is the Imperial Probe Droid Mission. No way it should be that challenging. At this rate I’ll unlock GK, Wampa and Hermit Yoda before the Imperial Probe Droid, and that is not right.
  • leef
    11956 posts Member
    DS TB is okay
    Zenflow wrote: »

    They are shades of the same thing. Its about as black and white as is possible. The first two options, are positive. The first being more so than the second. The third is for rational folk who don't get frustrated on quite the same level as "kitten in a woodchipper" but the very option itself says "needs work." Thats what 75% of players agree upon, and the numbers of which my arguement has hinged on.

    Again, if you had read the poll first - I dont see any issue. It was made pretty clear in the first few sentences that the primary complaint on this poll, is the difficulty.

    There, now that its been spelled out in the simplest context possible - Imma continue to sit back and watch the votes. Adios

    What you don't seem to get is that other people might interpret the poll differently than you do. I for one did, eventhough i did read the poll.
    "DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction"
    To me this sounds rather positive and in no way a different shade of the same thing as option 4 and 5. That's all.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    Compared to TW, TB is an effing delight!

    I hate that one is now stealing from the other.
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    leef wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »

    They are shades of the same thing. Its about as black and white as is possible. The first two options, are positive. The first being more so than the second. The third is for rational folk who don't get frustrated on quite the same level as "kitten in a woodchipper" but the very option itself says "needs work." Thats what 75% of players agree upon, and the numbers of which my arguement has hinged on.

    Again, if you had read the poll first - I dont see any issue. It was made pretty clear in the first few sentences that the primary complaint on this poll, is the difficulty.

    There, now that its been spelled out in the simplest context possible - Imma continue to sit back and watch the votes. Adios

    What you don't seem to get is that other people might interpret the poll differently than you do. I for one did, eventhough i did read the poll.
    "DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction"
    To me this sounds rather positive and in no way a different shade of the same thing as option 4 and 5. That's all.

    That is all personal perspective and interpretation. I will say; I interpreted option three as a middle of the line - seeing both the good and negative. Which, I am not so far gone to be incapable of myself. Did I want a DSTB? Of course. Do I want it to remain as part of the game? Also yes.

    Am I happy with the difficulty? Absolutely not. And before the tenth kitten whale comes along saying something akin to "I was able to do it, git gud." ; first of all - Ive gone 4/4 in all but p6 with the majority of my teams. Did I enjoy it? Not even slightly. I enjoy LSTB more than DS, and Im happy to provide a link of my roster - its 90% DS based with no LS g12, dont think I even have a single LS zeta tbh. That being said, the difference for me is that I can participate in LSTB with mediocre teams, enjoy the not entirely imbalanced fights without frustrating mechanics. Waqui has already said in another thread, he favors LS. And I can certainly see why LS players would be fine with the DSTB as is; DS players however - not so much. Id like to finish a fight in p3 with a double zeta team without it feeling like I barely scratched by, and if Id made a mistake wouldnt have finished. Thats not enjoyment for me.

    And again, as Ive said before - the entire guild I am in of 50/50 shares this opinion. Also again; we have never once completed HAAT. Do you see any of us complaining about that? No. Because HAAT was well thought out, well balanced, and not -overly- demanding of p2p characters. Theres a very distunguishable line of requirements for HAAT. This however... to require 2* characters for the fight, and really need 7* g8+... Well, that just doesn't make sense.

    Edit; Okay, maybe HAAT in its ORIGINAL form doesnt match up to my description - but isnt that also kind of the point? It was released, feedback was given, and it was worked on til an acceptable level came abouts.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    I hate DS TB.. its very discouraging when the ENTIRE rebel team heals back to 100%.

    I only do Phase 5 & 6 for the guild points. Which is pretty much finishing 1st wave then deploying.

    I'll just continue to concentrate on my LS toons.
  • Waqui
    5010 posts Member
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started.

    And then there were those, who understood your point very well, but simply didn't agree with you, because you missed some points.

    And I totally get that, and every person here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Thats kinda the point of this post, actually - voicing our opinions without getting hostile. Just so happens to be that currently, 75% of the playerbase on this forum who have taken the time to vote - share my opinion.

    With 125 votes cast it's 23%.

    Buddy, 23% would rather shove their kitten in a wood chipper - dont flatter yourself. 75% Agree it needs alot of work.

    So, you're saying, that voting "TB needs work" is the same as saying, that TB needs _a_lot_ of work?
    And you don't accept, that some people, who voted 'I don't enjoy DS TB", simply don't like TB (LS as well as DS) no matter how much work will be put into DS TB to lower the difficulty? Take ObiJuanPollo as an example.

    You, sir, have a quite alternative way of interpreting the response you receive.

    As you have said before; the post was laid out with crystal clarity - if you didn't understand the basic premise... well, that is your fault. Sound familiar?

    Yes, 75% of us can agree on basic premises such as it needing substantial work. Dont you feel this is a bit of a desperate grasp, Waqui? The comments, the votes, the threads speak for themselves. You are outnumbered by opinion.

    So, first you claim, that 75% share your oppinion, though only 23% cast the same vote as you.
    Then you altered your claim to: " 75% agree, that DS TB needs a lot of work" — which is a VERY alternative interpretation of the questions in the poll and the posts in this thread.
    Now you alter your claim further? For real?

  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started.

    And then there were those, who understood your point very well, but simply didn't agree with you, because you missed some points.

    And I totally get that, and every person here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Thats kinda the point of this post, actually - voicing our opinions without getting hostile. Just so happens to be that currently, 75% of the playerbase on this forum who have taken the time to vote - share my opinion.

    With 125 votes cast it's 23%.

    Buddy, 23% would rather shove their kitten in a wood chipper - dont flatter yourself. 75% Agree it needs alot of work.

    So, you're saying, that voting "TB needs work" is the same as saying, that TB needs _a_lot_ of work?
    And you don't accept, that some people, who voted 'I don't enjoy DS TB", simply don't like TB (LS as well as DS) no matter how much work will be put into DS TB to lower the difficulty? Take ObiJuanPollo as an example.

    You, sir, have a quite alternative way of interpreting the response you receive.

    As you have said before; the post was laid out with crystal clarity - if you didn't understand the basic premise... well, that is your fault. Sound familiar?

    Yes, 75% of us can agree on basic premises such as it needing substantial work. Dont you feel this is a bit of a desperate grasp, Waqui? The comments, the votes, the threads speak for themselves. You are outnumbered by opinion.

    So, first you claim, that 75% share your oppinion, though only 23% cast the same vote as you.
    Then you altered your claim to: " 75% agree, that DS TB needs a lot of work" — which is a VERY alternative interpretation of the questions in the poll and the posts in this thread.
    Now you alter your claim further? For real?

    Buddy, the only one grasping for numbers here is you. Shall we instead look at how many see the TB in the same light as you?

    Its become very obvious that you are just upset that more don't share your skewed view. Sorry, Im done argueing with people who can't see logic.
  • Waqui
    5010 posts Member
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    Zenflow wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started.

    And then there were those, who understood your point very well, but simply didn't agree with you, because you missed some points.

    And I totally get that, and every person here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Thats kinda the point of this post, actually - voicing our opinions without getting hostile. Just so happens to be that currently, 75% of the playerbase on this forum who have taken the time to vote - share my opinion.

    With 125 votes cast it's 23%.

    Buddy, 23% would rather shove their kitten in a wood chipper - dont flatter yourself. 75% Agree it needs alot of work.

    Quick question, do you think even 1 of those people would actually rather shove their kitten into a woodchipper?
    Obviously no one, so it's reasonable to assume that the people who voted for "needs some work" are actually kinda possitive about DS TB.

    Well, seeing as 31 voted that direction... Uhm, yeah, yeah I do. And if you can't see the sarcastic humor in that option, well - Im just plain sorry for you.


    Must say its quite funny to me that when the Naysayers run out of arguements, it turns nonsensical. Youve got the numbers, right in front of you of how people feel - and you're really gonna sit here and argue semantics? What a joke, either y'all are blind to the hundreds of posts and threads other players have posted - or you're just flat out trolling. Either way, Imma continue to let the vote speak for itself - you can continue to flail as you see fit. Im done responding to the immature attention grabbing arguements.

    Zen, you've got the questions in the poll right in front of you. With the wordings you cannot in any way deduct, what you claim. But ok, you and I can agree, that you better let the votes speak for themselves ;—)
  • DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction
    I only voted for what I did because of one point... DS TB is a great idea, but not yet. This game still makes LS toons the King and the DS toons the weak little brother. Once they make the DS toons a whole lot better and give us plenty more options than Empire or FO (Thank you for the nightsisters btw) then DS TB will be a heck of a lot more fun.
  • I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »
    I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started.

    And then there were those, who understood your point very well, but simply didn't agree with you, because you missed some points.

    And I totally get that, and every person here is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Thats kinda the point of this post, actually - voicing our opinions without getting hostile. Just so happens to be that currently, 75% of the playerbase on this forum who have taken the time to vote - share my opinion.

    With 125 votes cast it's 23%.

    Buddy, 23% would rather shove their kitten in a wood chipper - dont flatter yourself. 75% Agree it needs alot of work.

    Quick question, do you think even 1 of those people would actually rather shove their kitten into a woodchipper?
    Obviously no one, so it's reasonable to assume that the people who voted for "needs some work" are actually kinda possitive about DS TB.

    Well, seeing as 31 voted that direction... Uhm, yeah, yeah I do. And if you can't see the sarcastic humor in that option, well - Im just plain sorry for you.


    Must say its quite funny to me that when the Naysayers run out of arguements, it turns nonsensical. Youve got the numbers, right in front of you of how people feel - and you're really gonna sit here and argue semantics? What a joke, either y'all are blind to the hundreds of posts and threads other players have posted - or you're just flat out trolling. Either way, Imma continue to let the vote speak for itself - you can continue to flail as you see fit. Im done responding to the immature attention grabbing arguements.

    Zen, you've got the questions in the poll right in front of you. With the wordings you cannot in any way deduct, what you claim. But ok, you and I can agree, that you better let the votes speak for themselves ;—)

    Lets :)
  • Waqui
    5010 posts Member
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    @Zenflow

    May I recommend, that you read FredsFatties post, check what he voted, and then take another minute to consider your interpretation of votes for 'Needs some work..." as being negative towards DS TB?
  • I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    leef wrote: »
    Zenflow wrote: »

    They are shades of the same thing. Its about as black and white as is possible. The first two options, are positive. The first being more so than the second. The third is for rational folk who don't get frustrated on quite the same level as "kitten in a woodchipper" but the very option itself says "needs work." Thats what 75% of players agree upon, and the numbers of which my arguement has hinged on.

    Again, if you had read the poll first - I dont see any issue. It was made pretty clear in the first few sentences that the primary complaint on this poll, is the difficulty.

    There, now that its been spelled out in the simplest context possible - Imma continue to sit back and watch the votes. Adios

    What you don't seem to get is that other people might interpret the poll differently than you do. I for one did, eventhough i did read the poll.
    "DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction"
    To me this sounds rather positive and in no way a different shade of the same thing as option 4 and 5. That's all.

    Have to agree - that to me sounds like a positive endorsement overall. I picked 1 but considered that option as well as I don't think it's perfect, but do enjoy it still.
  • I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    Waqui wrote: »
    @Zenflow

    May I recommend, that you read FredsFatties post, check what he voted, and then take another minute to consider your interpretation of votes for 'Needs some work..." as being negative towards DS TB?

    Already explained my standpoint about 5 different times on 5 different threads, agreed to disagree - yet you still persist. Again, if you had read in its entirety - I acknowledged some mistakes in the list of choices. Again, seems you over looked that.
  • Waqui
    5010 posts Member
    I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    @Zenflow

    May I recommend, that you read FredsFatties post, check what he voted, and then take another minute to consider your interpretation of votes for 'Needs some work..." as being negative towards DS TB?

    Already explained my standpoint about 5 different times on 5 different threads, agreed to disagree - yet you still persist. Again, if you had read in its entirety - I acknowledged some mistakes in the list of choices. Again, seems you over looked that.

    Just pointing out your VERY alternative interpretation of your own questions in the poll.

    All you acknowledged is, that it's a personal perspective. Your conclusions from the poll still remain. Some quite alternative conclusions (to put it mildly).
  • NO i don't, i just pass through it for the rewards, the situation where you have to do the platoons first to have a chance to win in a CM is frustrating, tough to coordinate in the guild and overall a bad idea imho. We decided in the guild we will just skip the DS TB and focus on the LS TB.
  • urtil wrote: »
    The questions is which phases are we talking about? LS can use G7 or G8 characters for P1 (maybe lower), but DS pretty much needs G10 or G11 for P1. That's not balanced.

    Yes, the early phases are much easier in LS than DS and LS is in general easier because they have better special event abilities. But they already nerfed this, gave you an extra territotry to make up for the increased difficulty.

    Where I see a problem is for newer guilds. The best DS toons are hidden behind hard to farm nodes which makes it more difficult for newer guilds. Could they ease it a bit more in the first two or three phases to make it more palatable for very new guilds? Yes, I think so and would agree that this would make it a better experience for newer players. This is something i would fully support. I can imagine that DS TB are extremely frustrating for newer players and would like to see that changed. No argument there.
    When I go into P6 with a G11/G12 Sith team that has Zetas on everyone (zKylo as my 5th), I shouldn't get knocked out in a couple hits on the last wave. The difficulty is pretty much impossible, unless they meant it to be for G14 teams or better. And that's with ideal teams. Not that it matters when the Platoons eat up all the best DS characters, so even if those ideal teams could work, you end up having to break them up.

    But I don't get those complaints from people that the battles are designed for G14 toons with ideal teams. I don't have a single gear 12 toon and regularly finish all four phases.

    It is also doable with Siths and there are no zetas on my siths (except Vader lead should I decide to go for it which I normally don't) and only Palpatine is gear XI and Nihilus gear X. It certainly isn't a walk in the park with Siths and yes, I do have decent mods on my DS toons because I also use them in arena or for raids. But no god mods - just fairly decent ones.

    With Empire I tend to split my teams up or place some in platoons which weakens them and am still able to mostly clear the last wave. And yes, sometimes it doesn't work out. But if I were to go in with my main arena team I would clear it pretty much every time and likely with all five standing. I am playing this game for one year as a FTP. If I am able to do this I would imagine it is simply the lack of focus on DS toons that now catches up with people. They have Chaze, CLS, Zolos, GKs, zzR2, zBarris, zFinn and whatever but not ShT, DT, DK, B2 or SiT. I would also assume that people have their best mods often on their LS toons which dominate arena and don't really switch them for DS TB. Of course people think those battles are much more difficult. And they are. But not impossible.

    What I would agree on is that the rebel special event abilities are much stronger than the Empire ones and that platoons are often impossible to finish unless you are in a whale guild and therefore there is no way of reducing those event powers. This clearly adds to the level of difficulty. They should probably work a bit on this but I doubt they will do.
    LS TB is actually a challenge. Sure, it's difficult, but there's a realistic chance that you can beat P6 with a G10 or G11 team. That doesn't exist for DS TB.

    Yes, I can get past all six waves with my undergeared (G8/9) resistance team in all phases. Occassionally I get bad rng and loose in phase 6 but normally it works and shouldn't be a problem now that I have BB-8. But is it fun? No. it is tedious. I cannot auto because of **** AI. And as I don't want to let my guild mates down I play through it manually and it is booooring. Just because you can get the maximum points doesn't mean something is fun. As for not being able to clear all waves in p6 with a G10/11 team. See above, that is simply not true.
    Not to mention the rewards are not comparable to the difficulty.

    In terms of rewards from my experience DS gives better rewards than LS. You can get more potential stars with better potential maximum rewards and for an equal amount of stars you get better rewards so that even if you end up with less stars you do better. They just made you climb a higher mountain than with LS TB but they don't punish you for it with regard to rewards.



    I hardly scratched the Rancor initially. Now I can solo it. At first I didn't get a single shot out in the tank raid. Now I can contribute to a heroic raid. I cannot clear all 6 phases everywhere in LS TB. Now I am building towards it. I cannot participate in the last DS TB ship battle because I don't have a 7* DS capital ship. Now I am working towards that one. If DS battles look too difficult to you right now it is not because they are impossible as you and others claim but because you probably still lack the toons needed for that. Just like I initially lacked the toons for the raids and still lack the properly geared toons for all LS TB which is about to change soon because I intend to progress there.

    For me this game is about progressing and not finishing everything immediately once it hits the screen. I personally want to feel that I progress and not just feel omnipotent. DS TB does just that. It is difficult and hits many players at a blind spot but it is a welcome challenge and provides diversity. In addition I prefer shorter, more difficult fights to endless waves of easy to beat opponents. (Once more, overall I find TBs to be more on the boring side as you fight endless waves of the same opponents over and over again but it seems the main criticism is not that it is boring but that it is too difficult and with that I disagree)

    Awesome summary, and dead on the money.
  • I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    Light Side has Phoenix (insane survivability), R1 (anti-empire, more survivability), CLS (insane dps, self heal, etc), Resistance (TM Lock), etc etc...

    This makes LSTB doable and balanced with properly geared teams. R1, Phoenix, CLS etc are also useful elsewhere in game.

    DS is inherently bad (and rightfully so). Yet the TB literally breaks down the one thing DS toons run on (debuffs), can heal 100%, recover protection, stealth, etc etc. Plus, DSTB requires BOUNTY HUNTERS, a faction so bad it's useless save Boba who has a ship.

    Please, nerf DSTB.
  • Rynchenzo
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction
    I like having some dark side content. It could be made much more accessible by reducing the numbers of characters required in the platoons from 6 to 4, and limiting the number of times any particular character can appear in the platoons.

    Lastly, rebel enemy abilities are ridiculous and need toning down. Why the kitten can a rebel pilot cleanse his entire squad of debuffs for example?
    Post edited by Ambassador on
Sign In or Register to comment.