Negating Cap Breakers

My guild has three rules for Rancor:
1) 24-hour 0-dmg registration
2) 1M dmg cap
3) Rotate the top 5 - this is to ensure more of the guild get prime rewards; don't ask me why it's not top 10.
The problem is, more than half our guild could break cap if they wanted to, and almost always one, two or all of the top three positions go to accidental cap breakers. The penalty for cap breaking is sitting out entirely the next two Pit Raids. But that doesn't stop accidents.
My solution is to allow the top three still under cap as of the end of phase 3 to get a raised cap of 1.1M. The guild leader isn't fond of this idea, so I'm looking either for opinions on that idea or a new idea of how to negate the negative effects of cap breakers without getting rid of these otherwise good players.
Thanks!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    its already random. just let RNG decide and late the solos fly.
  • If you are rotating top position, then you already know who should be getting which position this time... So remove the cap entirely for the 3 players who are supposed to be in the top 3, with the restriction that they need to stop swinging when they are appropriately situated.
  • Freedom.
  • s13iLLuminati
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Damage caps are kitten. Several members of our guild came from other guilds that had 1M damage caps and they much prefer the only rule being a 24hr wait. We have several members who can solo the raid, myself included but everyone gets good rewards and Solo shards. According to how quickly they join in for the raid. The number of players who do solo has dropped over time naturally even though several more could if they wanted to so even our less powerful players get plenty of chances at top slots. The one thing all of those who came from guilds with damage caps have in common is that they all hate the damage caps. But do what you want. Lol.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Yea, damage cap doesn't work.
  • My guild has a 24 hour 0 damage rule once it hits 2359 everyone is cleared to do as much damage as their heart can take. Now this means some members even myself sometimes don't get damage but we all get rewards. Why over complicate things, if someone is excited for the raid let them all attack is the way we look at it. I don't know if this helps at all but a damage cap is unreliable and i cant expect my members to keep track of all of their hits just so they don't break 1M sounds more to me like a good ol' boys club! Remove it all together, want to keep it even more fair, take 1 hero in, your best one, and as much damage as you deal is what you get and have 1! person solo it. hope this helps!
  • Rewards are RNG anyway. We run a 24/0 rule and at the 24 hour mark anyone doing a solo has to wait at least 30 minutes to drop their damage. This gives most folks a chance to do some damage if they can't do a solo yet. Most in the guild can solo at this point. We also run a raid where only those that need seven star Han Solo can do damage so they get top rewards every other raid. Everyone in the guild is behind the idea as it helps the guild as a whole.
  • There’s nothing prime about heroic rancor rewards anyway. Until they remove challenge gear I’ll never get anything good.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    If you are rotating 3 specific people, have everyone else bail during p1, and top 3 beat it to some percentage.

It gets to be a headache after a while though, so once enough people have 7* Han going just full solo is easier.
  • Our guild has a pair of toons of the day. During the first 24-hr you get to attack with two toons that won’t do much damage. Then at Zerg time, it is a free for all but you cannot post scores for 15 minutes.
    Due to the two toon part of our play, no one ever ties. Guild leadership just have to pick two toons that can last more than a few hits. A few examples- any two empire troopers, two Ewoks, Jedi from TPM, two IG droids, etc... if you don’t have them, then you post a zero. Rewards those that have the worthless 7 star toons beyond TB platoons. Otherwise why would you spend credits on ME, CUP, Gam Guard, JGK, etc...
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Some interesting ideas, for sure. Thanks all!