Please help me decide my arena squad

I really need some advice for what to focus on building for my arena squad. I have a couple viable options but I just don't know what to do. So, I have Rey (Jedi Training) and I will have CLS in a week. Right now my arena squad is super old school: EP lead, ShT, Vader, TFP, and R2. I place around 160 in my shard on an average day.

None of my characters are particularly geared except for my G12 R2. I'm assuming my 2 best options are a resistance squad with RJT, or a rebel squad with CLS. I have Chaze at 7*, so one option could be CLS lead, Chaze, R2 and Raid Han. But right now my Han is only 5*, close to 6*.

The other option is RJT, R2, and I have Poe, Finn, BB8, Scavenger Rey and Resistance Pilot 7*. One character I do not and will not have is Resistance Trooper.

For miscellaneous characters, I do have 7* Thrawn, and I do not have General Kenobi unlocked.

I have 5 zetas in the bank, ready to go. Right now my only zeta'd character is Scavenger Rey (a total accident). I just want to be sure I'm making the right decision before I commit those resources as they took so long to save up. Any and all input is much appreciated! Thanks!!

Replies

• As far as I have encountered, Rey JT lead, Rey and BB8 make a very good combo. Then maybe throw a GK or a Thrawn in there. Improvise, man :)
  • Find a new guild or a mid-size group to merge with. Unless you've hung out guildless for the last year and a half, I can't fathom a reason why anyone with a JTR and 7* Thrawn and CLS would not have a 7* RHan or Kenobi unlocked.

No gear, toon priority, or zeta advice will do close to as much to improve your squads as getting into a guild with 50 active members raiding Heroics every other day. The difference in gear and credits alone is staggering

PS You also shouldn't be banking 5 zetas when you have 0 you're actively using. There is saving for the future, but you're just not using a key resource that would improve your teams. Absolutely zeta Number Crunch immediately.
  • Ya definitely zeta number crunch right now. I'm have been building my team for when I get CLS this time. I've banked 2 zeta's and have already placed 2. The team I will run is

CLS lead (IBAT zeta)
    Old Ben (taunt zeta)
    R2 (already have number crunch)
    Raid Han (already zeta'd)
    Thrawn (Ebb and Flow zeta)

Eventually I will zeta all 3 of CLS, R2's other unique, and Ben's 2nd unique as well. Pretty excited to get to try it out. Just got old ben to g12 today. He is a BEAST with r2 and Thrawn
  • Have you tried RJT,R2,BB8, scav rey and baze
  • The reason I haven't zetad number crunch yet is it has zero benefit for the empire squad I've been running.

And yes, I've been absent from the game for about 6 months. So Old Ben is meta now and worth investing in? Last I remember he faded into oblivion when dodge meta went away. I thought he was pretty much worthless
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Darksteel wrote: »
    The reason I haven't zetad number crunch yet is it has zero benefit for the empire squad I've been running.

And yes, I've been absent from the game for about 6 months. So Old Ben is meta now and worth investing in? Last I remember he faded into oblivion when dodge meta went away. I thought he was pretty much worthless

He was reworked around the first CLS event and is much better. Same with Raid Han.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Darksteel wrote: »

If you are running cls lead and r2d2 you get a massive bonus to rebel toons. This bonus combined with old Ben's zeta makes old Ben the second best tank you can possibly run with cls/r2d2.