Mythic R2-D2, Strategy/Issues [MERGE]

124Next

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    For those without a 7* Baze to soak up damage, you can use K2—SO as well. Don't know if it's really necessary, but the event is doable with CLS lead, K2, R2, Leia and Lando. Lando (g10) and K2 (g11) with junk mods — the three others (g12) with arena quality mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Couldn't decide on Events>R2 sub-forum, or Feedback>Events sub-forum.

Moved to R2 for now.

Moved three times? Really?
  • Don't have CL, Chaze, or Han. Closest I got was Phoenix relying on Kanan's unique and getting Vader to half protection
  • Pieriku wrote: »
    Seems that the event got a refresh after an hour... Not really fai for those who couldn't connect to do it as soon as it started...

Heh, I intentionally stayed up till 2am to get that extra refresh, since I knew it happened with BB8, but missed it. Was very happy!

Loved the event! If anything, was a little to easy with all the OP rebel toons out there. Vaders Force Crush was awesome tho. Let's get that as a zeta! "Cooldown -2 and inflicts daze and expose to all enemies"
  • You can do it without CLS or baze, but hardly without han. I did it on first try with G9 ackbar lead, G11 biggs and han, g12 chirrut, arena mods
  • the event running once in two months and requiring g11+ top toons should have much better rewards,
  • Fumanchu
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Beat 2 and 3 easily first try using Wedge lead, Biggs, R2, Chirrut, Baze. I honestly think I could have possible let it auto and won.

Gear levels were 9, 10, 9, 9, 11. Edit - R2 has number crunch zeta. Mods are average.
    Post edited by Fumanchu on
  • Sonido wrote: »
    the event running once in two months and requiring g11+ top toons should have much better rewards,

Every Legendary event will have its own associated Mythic event soon enough. So while R2-D2 Mythic may only run every two months, we'll be getting at least two Mythic Events every month. The potential for 24 5-dot gold and purple mods every month without spending any energy isn't doing it for you? Okay. Go back to farming mods with energy, buddy.
    Fumanchu wrote: »
    Beat 2 and 3 easily first try using Wedge lead, Biggs, R2, Chirrut, Baze. I honestly think I could have possible let it auto and won.

Gear levels were 9, 10, 9, 9, 11.
    Yeah, I think this one works like the BB-8 Mythic--if you can survive the initial barrage you're golden. The AoE isn't that bad, but the single-target shots are brutal, so if Baze and soak it all up and stay alive long enough for Chirrut to equalize and cleanse you should be good to go. Unfortunately for me, my Baze is 95/100 so I *might* be able to get him in there tomorrow if I'm astoundingly lucky, but my Chirrut isn't geared anywhere near well-enough. Ah well, I'll be ready in two months for the next one.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    Yup, and since when did Vader inflict daze and expose? Total **** by the developers there.

Yep. I wouldn’t have as much issue if it was against another faction. But rebels only have one dispel which chirrut. Don’t have a tenacity boosting lead. And basically every squad besides rogue one relies heavily on counter attacks, assists, and tm gain. And Vader special has no cd so it’s spammed. This is basically impossible for anyone without solid rogue one team. Why release an event for an entire faction and tunnel vision it to cater to only a single squad
  • BTBAMthony wrote: »
    T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    Yup, and since when did Vader inflict daze and expose? Total **** by the developers there.

Yep. I wouldn’t have as much issue if it was against another faction. But rebels only have one dispel which chirrut. Don’t have a tenacity boosting lead. And basically every squad besides rogue one relies heavily on counter attacks, assists, and tm gain. And Vader special has no cd so it’s spammed. This is basically impossible for anyone without solid rogue one team. Why release an event for an entire faction and tunnel vision it to cater to only a single squad

You also have Akbar or you could zeta Combat Analysis on R2 and you get a cleanse when you crit.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    This is basically impossible for anyone without solid rogue one team. Why release an event for an entire faction and tunnel vision it to cater to only a single squad

Huh. My only R1 was a g10 Jyn who I'm pretty sure died without getting a turn.

I used Old Ben lead, stHan, raid Han and Jyn. Really only used Jyn because the only one that would die is Old Ben and I wanted him to die allot. Jyn revives, Old Ben dies, Han cleans up. Profit. Chaze isn't required at all. Many many many Rebels can beat this. Much easier then BB8's last tier.

...Rebels have a ton of cleanses, my man. Ackbar. Lobot. zeta R2. Chirrut.

This event is difficult, but totally possible without Rogue One characters.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Lol you said Lobot.
  • Liath wrote: »

Lol you said Lobot.
    Hey, I list them. People ignore anything that isn't meta, forgetting that each event has a meta all its own.
  • zCLS(L) g12, zHan g11, Old Ben g12, zzR2 g11 and Ezra g11. All modded out quite nicely since most of these are my arena team or were my arena team. Those who know me know I hate flipping mods around so anyone who used to be arena team will have some pretty decent mods. lowest of B rate but not quite at A either.

Beat the event using this team and lost no one. With no pretaunts either. Stuns worked for me as well. Was a nice run. Thanks. Glad to have picked up a few decent mods due to this event. Even without speed secondaries I'll still find use for the purple and gold mods for lower rate toons
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Lol you said Lobot.
    Hey, I list them. People ignore anything that isn't meta, forgetting that each event has a meta all its own.

There should be a challenge to beat the event with the least used rebels.
  • T4NM4N26 wrote: »

The daze was a new add. The expose is the zeta on Tarkin's lead. First time you drop under full health, you're automatically exposed.
  • I thought it was pretty easy until my guild mates were venting in frustration. Wiggs, Chaze, zzR2, all gear 11, except Wedge is gear 9. Baze took all the hits and the rest just beat down EP, then Vader....then it was trooper clean-up eisle 4.

On a side note....is the 600 crystal refresh with it? What do you get from attempt? same as regular?
  • HoodieDM
    146 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I did it easily with my G12 CLS, G12 Zolo, G12 R2, G11 Kanan, & G10 Ezra.

I then refreshed and tried with G11 Hera, G11 Sabine, G11 Kanan, & G10 Zeb with G12 R2. Took a little longer but with Kanans ability and Vader just AoEing for days, they never fell below 50% health even after Vaders LS Throw. Took about 5 mins, but pretty easy. R2 died but I had Hera rez on him so he made it through. I did Stormies first, then Pilot, then Scout, did Tarkin, and Vader last. *shrug*

~D
  • Sawyerstooth
    341 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    TWD_Negan wrote: »
    I beat it with jyn lead(no z)[9], chaze[8,8], raid han(z)[10], and r2(crunchz)[10]

Baze tanked it out like a champ. Subpar mods on chaze, arena mods on r2 and han, decent mods on jyn.

Do not surrender, persevere. 1 million credits hangs in the balance.

Pics or it didn’t happen. I do not believe you. I ran Wedge g9, ATF g11, Leia g11, zR2 g12, Kanan g10. Before I even get to attack one time, they kill Leia, ATF, and Wedge. Tarkin’s BASIC does 40K and one-shots ATF. It’s waaaaayyyy OP
  • Hey guys, I just wanted to share something that worked for me in tier 3. It took a bunch of tries but eventually came though. I was able to 2* it and possibly could have gotten 3* if I had not made an error. I was having a lot of problems with this event since I don't have any geared cleansers like Ackbar and Chirrut.

I was using Wedge (g11), Biggs (g11), R2 (g12), Old Ben (g11), and Leia (g11) to start and was getting clobbered EVERY time.

I swapped out Leia for Jyn (g11). Then I played it over and over until TFP didn't land buff immunity on everyone except Old Ben and for both the Stormtroopers to taunt on their first turn (sometimes only one taunts the first time, which gives them an extra turn of protection). That allowed me to use stealth everyone with R2 except Old Ben and let him take the beating. I actually tried to hold on on using Old Ben's Mind Tricks because the TM removal from the Stormtroopers would only make their taunts last longer. Ben would die, which gave everyone on the squad a huge health/protection boost. Then Jyn revives Old Ben (he came back at full health since Jyn has 6 targets on which to crit). By that time the Stormtroopers had finished their taunts, and the revived Old Ben was able to use his Mind Tricks to get rid of all their TM and stop their special abilities, and then taunt. It was actually fairly easy after that. Be sure to use R2 and Jyn to control Tarkin/Vader/TFP with stun. I killed Tarkin, TFP, Vader, then the Stormtroopers taunted again so they were next, then the Scout. If I had been paying attention, I would have used Jyn's special again and brought Ben back and gotten 3*. But of course I didn't cause I'm thick like that lol.

I hope that helps people who are having trouble. This event was giving me huge headaches because I don't have CLS, a 7* Raid Han, or a 7* Chaze. But this combo worked great for my both days...