Ds tb is still insanely difficult.

Devs,

You said you reviewed darkside tb and made some changes. The first tier wasn't nearly as bad. But since wave 3 there sre still gaping problems.

1) defensive troops are still over powered. And not in line with dark side capabilities.
2) platoons buffs like at at attack and orbital bombardment are pathetic and nearly useless. Rebels staffing is way more powerful. Ill concede at at does way more dmg to enemies then orbital strike. But still both need a huge improvement in capabilities.
3) Not enough dark side toons ls has 77 available ds has 61. Of those 61 13 are tanks and only 6 are worth gearing. Side note chirrut is one of the best healers in game and hes labeled as an attacker.... Dark side has no comparable healer to chirrut or barriss or elder ewok. Though daka is a suitable alternative to ewok elder. Id argue shore is an amazing tank/healer which doesn't help given u can only use him for 1 cm or worse stick him into a platoon....
4) dark side tb ships is laughable. You require nearly as many ls ships for platoons as u do darkside to the point where u can barely do the ship combat missions! Forget about doing both the cm and special mission and platoons!

5) the real question is are these issues going to be addressed! This can't be just solved with new darkside toons as they will take months to get them and gear up and lvl them up. Imo ds tb needs to be scaled down by a third of its current missions. I would really love to see cgs data on what the expected gear requirements are for all these missions on ds tb. Because its no where close to ls tb! Rolo mission can be done with g7/8/9 but probe droid requires nearly max gear i just don't understand what cg is trying to accomplish here.

6) bounty hunters mission. All i gotta say is good luck!

7) tis really soul crushing that a 2.1m gp player is noob ing it up on ds tb. I mean its just not fun to get slaughtered. I love a challenge like anyone else but this is ridiculous.

Cg please give ds tb another tweak or 3.

Replies

• +1 here for this comment. Just got wiped out by a speeder staffig with an AOE dmg of 79k!!!!! WTH???? My gear 11 nihilus got 67k Health.. Are you kidding me??
  • it's end game content. once you embrace that you'll feel far less anxiety over the difficulty.

regarding strafing run, in LSTB you can pretty much wipe out an entire wave with it, so if they're staying true to "flipping the map" you're going to get smoked unless you disable it.
  • So far all mission 4/4 was worried my palpi let me down today but he is the man. 1.4m gp here
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    it's end game content. once you embrace that you'll feel far less anxiety over the difficulty.

regarding strafing run, in LSTB you can pretty much wipe out an entire wave with it, so if they're staying true to "flipping the map" you're going to get smoked unless you disable it.

I'm actually enjoying it but. Platoons are crazy last two phases.
  • +1 for the OP

And its not an End Game Event, its a guild event for all guilds, sure a lower level helper or starter guild will be stuck, but an 85 mill plus guild where only one or two can have half a chance at 4/4? Or even 2/2 on the BH special mission, Sorry your stratergy for the game is laughable.

We all know that someone in the Dev team is pro rebel but the whole game and particularly DS needs a great deal more balance, or at least change the game name to "Star wars Galaxy of Rebels".

Now lets expand the bounty hunters a sec, i understand that a special mission should be hard, but out of all the factions why BH? You have given us a group without a healer but with a leadership skill on boba that heals when a det explodes after two turns, but then put us up against a group that dispels those dets before they can explode and heal, i dont know how such a poor game strategy can be contemplated, let alone executed. Maybe a new leader is needed that stops the mass dispels, or just calm those rebels down considerably.

In addition unless you have Zam most of us have to use IG88, which renders the dark droids useless for any other dark side missions (not that they are any use when they only have a light side healer... ) please spread some loving to the droids and give them a proper mechanic that is DS.

The OP is right, there is a lot more adjustment in the short term to be made in DS TB, but also a lot more rebalancing with the overall game.
  • +1 it’s absolutely broken and not fun at all.
  • DS needs like a new healer per faction, ways of preventing cleanses, at least 3 more First Order, at least 3 more Bounty Hunters, and at least 4 more Empire/Imp Trooper toons. I know First Order will bring a few more toons but right now. Its hard to do Platoons with groups needed in missions in same phase.

They also need to look at re works that match the toons in events. The hoth toons don't match their LS real life counter parts. Vader in the R2 event is much better than the Vader we have.
  • collapsE
    206 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    All I hope this ds tb will lead into bounty hunter rework and few more same for FO and empire ..
    Anyway I did 4/4 every not bounty hunter mission without losing single toon, one can only hope for r2 event vader