Anyone else want the mythic event vader?

Prev1
Anyone else think the daze and some form of the defense buff when he is below 100% health should be part of our vaders kit ?

Replies

• I 100% stand in agreement with this.
  • It would do a lot of good for vader and the empire faction as a whole. It be a simple change with a big effect.
  • totally and expose ofc
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    It would do a lot of good for vader and the empire faction as a whole. It be a simple change with a big effect.

Might do a lot for the Sith faction too.
  • i was actually VERY disappointed when i saw achievement for beating t3 yields only 1 mil credits sigh.
  • Yes, Vader needs a huge buff and this is along the lines of what he needs to become the fearsome menace he is in cannon.
  • We got zetas last mythic event bonus tier. Why didnt we this time?
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes, even though he still wouldn't be op good enough, considering multiple cleanses by numerous meta toons
  • Could always make the daze undispellable. Then it would just expire naturally. That's no more OP than anything else this game has become.
  • RyanP
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Personally I think Vader needs more offense. His basic is garbage, damage needs to be doubled and his cooldowns should be reduced by one. Daze would be nice, and the juggernaught would extend husband durability. And frankly needs another empire and sith friendly unique.
  • Undispellable aoe daze for 2 turns would be great and allow him to control pretty well. Defense up could be good and actually would make his G12 pieces make a bit more sense. Also, wish the undispellable DoTs part of his kit were a unique rather than part of the leader.
  • He should call in an interrogator Droid and expose enemy rebels. He should also be able to incite fear in Rebels causing them to loose accuracy.
  • I think if they just made his attacks uncounterable and with -1 cooldown would help
  • If they were to do anything like this, it would be on a new Vader character. They're not going to drastically rework a character that's given for free and purchasable through Fleet so that they're stronger than Hero's Journey characters.

But moreover, the extant Vader is really good. Not particularly in arena, but there is so much more to this game than arena, you can't use that one narrow aspect of the game as the basis to balance everything in the game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Xuichichi wrote: »
    Could always make the daze undispellable. Then it would just expire naturally. That's no more OP than anything else this game has become.

Undispellable AoE Daze would be insane. Way to much. Maybe undispellable to target enemy, with normal daze to the rest.
  • AoE Daze on Rebel enemies? Sure, but AoE Daze on any enemy wouldn't be fun
  • Daze? Why daze? I think Vader should be faster, do significantly more damage on his basic and possibly have a new unique where he starts with retribution and regains it whenever anyone is killed.
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Vader had his day as meta in arena already, as did EP. They should be more viable but not meta defining again.
  • I think It would be great to have iconic sw ds toons be able to hang with iconic ls toons.
  • I think It would be great to have iconic sw ds toons be able to hang with iconic ls toons.

Retro equalizing old toons doesn't fit with the mechanics of a for profit, toon collection game where you need to collect the Shiny new toys to have the strongest meta toons. It would be nice if LS and DS were more balanced and older toons got modest buffs to stay usable though.
  • Maybe it's almost time for whole new version of Vader though.
  • One other thing--Are we sure it's Vader's AoE doing the daze? It looked like it was the Scout Troopers that were adding it to me, but, then, since I ran it at 4x and was really only watching to see how many characters I had left when I eventually got a turn (SPOILER: OCCASIONALLY 1!) everything moved a little fast.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • J_Starseed wrote: »
    Vader had his day as meta in arena already, as did EP. They should be more viable but not meta defining again.

I'd love if there was 4 or 5 teams that were meta defining and that some can beat others while losing to others.
  • Yes plz
  • Skywalker1J17
    32 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Naraic wrote: »
    I'd love if there was 4 or 5 teams that were meta defining and that some can beat others while losing to others.

This. It's not nearly as fun when everyone is chasing the same meta for its overall dominance.
  • J_Starseed wrote: »
    I think It would be great to have iconic sw ds toons be able to hang with iconic ls toons.

Retro equalizing old toons doesn't fit with the mechanics of a for profit, toon collection game where you need to collect the Shiny new toys to have the strongest meta toons. It would be nice if LS and DS were more balanced and older toons got modest buffs to stay usable though.

Anh rebels got it but we know Empire won’t
  • This Vader would be at least option for ds tb if not arena.. Current zader is one of worse leaders atm
  • Moved to R2 Event
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • In the YouTube interviews with the a developer lately, it seems that's what they're going for. I think we're almost there like we were before cls.... It's just going to take a little while fir people to get the right teams.

Rey and CLS will both be viable. Empire with imperial probe is really strong. NS. Wampa.... Soon I think the meta will be more mixed again.
  • If they release a few more FO toons, including snoke, fo may also be meta. Diversity would be great.