I see we once again retweaked Ewok event for the top 1%

Tier 3 has always been difficult for me. Generally took 10-15 tries never three starred. So imagine my surprise today when I barely cleared Tiers 1 and 2 and despite better gear and mods have gotten my a** kicked 40 times on Tier 3. A deadly Ewok one shot my G11 zeta R2. That’s WAI? One shoting a G11 char with 5 dot mods? What really bothers me is the descriptions of these events. Careful strategy will NEVER win if you have to be G12. It will also never make it when RNG is so ingrained in the event. No amount of careful planning and playing will help.

Found the same problem in R2 mythic. I have a 7 Star R2 but somehow I can’t get in a move on Tier 1 before half my team is dead. R2 was ramped up for the event. I thought we were going to be able to replay the final tier and that the next 2 tiers were designed to be more difficult. Obviously another case of false advertising and information.

I like having goals to work toward but that’s not what we have when the finish line is constantly moved farther and farther away. It takes on average without a super high arena rank 2-3 months to move one character from G8-G11. Assuming some decent luck in raids. So a team of 5 takes almost a year, multiplied by the numerous teams needed and we don’t have a finish line at all. The gear situation has gotten better but is nowhere near where is should be when you consider drop rates are the same as they were 2 years ago despite having 3-4x more characters that need gear.

If your goal is to make money you’re failing miserably. I might have spent to get to one of those finish lines. Since I will never reach those finish lines since they will keep moving out of reach not now. Start remembering the other 99% of your player base

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    CWOJedisix wrote: »
    A deadly Ewok one shot my G11 zeta R2. That’s WAI? One shoting a G11 char with 5 dot mods? What really bothers me is the descriptions of these events. Careful strategy will NEVER win if you have to be G12. It will also never make it when RNG is so ingrained in the event. No amount of careful planning and playing will help.

You don't have to be g12, and the event hasn't changed. Deadly ewoks have always been deadly. The key is to plan and play carefully so that they never get a turn.

Pretty much everything you said in this post is wrong.
  • Really? I had no idea they were supposed to be able to one shot a G11 toon. Don’t remember that from last time, but thanks for pointing it out. Always nice to see such a supportive community.
  • Use droids or imperial troopers. You need aoes and turn meter gain. You never really stated what you were using. I'm just assuming you didn't use these.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I finished all three tiers with this motley crew.

https://swgoh.gg/u/tvf/collection/?f=empire

Gave them all 30 speed arrows except for Thrawn. Kill the elites immediately (and prioritize scouts over warriors), stun/ability block/fracture the elders. Under EP lead, he and Vader keep regenerating health, and used the defense special ability that restores 20% health for TFP and Thrawn whenever they got low.

If my Empire crew is top 1%, I shudder to see what the other 99% looks like.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Every time these events come back people claim they got buffed. Seriously every single time.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I couldn't even finish Tier 3 last time after a whole day of trying, this time I changed my strategy and on try 2 did it.

So yeah, it definitely is not harder.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Struggled like crazy last time, this time took me 4 or 5 attempts to finish tier 3.

My Empire team is all G9/10/11 plus R2 G9
  • My available toons have got quite a bit better, and it felt like Ewoks we’re same difficulty, so I breezed thru it, where before I had a little trouble with the final phase. All about speed and AoEs. Gotta control the Ewoks and reset those cool downs for the 2 or 3 phases where the skulls go crazy
  • The event is exceptionally easy... kill the ewoks with skulls on first.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    You can do it with HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, B2 and RG, so buffed my....
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • CWOJedisix wrote: »
    Really? I had no idea they were supposed to be able to one shot a G11 toon. Don’t remember that from last time, but thanks for pointing it out. Always nice to see such a supportive community.

They're not "supposed" to. In fact, if you play it right, they don't even get an opportunity to.

And no, they didn't change it from last time. You likely eitger moved mods, switched teams or just had bad RNG this time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I did it without moving mods. General Greivous didn't even have any mods...

That said, I used BB-8 instead of IG-80 Assassin Droid this time around and that's a huuuuuuuge upgrade since you get the bonus TM at the start of each round.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Troopers.
  • After read this post, I changed my team to EP (L), Vader, TFP, Shore and Thrwan and could finish all tiers!!! Thanks for some good advice here, like use Fracture on Elder and kill the ewoks that are buffed with the "skull". My EP is G10, Vader G9, others G8 and have Thrawn without mods.
  • If you can’t beat this event, you probably don’t have the right mods/lead. It’s all about speed, turn meter gain, aoe and ability denial on the elders. So it is absolutely about strategy, not gear. Recommend ep lead, r2, Thrawn, Vader and a +1 (I use stormtrooper to expose hi-health characters). Properly modded thrawn will go first every tier (even at gear 7 or 8), he can swap turns with whoever you want to go first and then from there it’s just about turn meter management to prevent enemies from taking turns. You should be able to kill all of the skull Ewoks before they go, then use r2/thrawn/ep to shut down elders and the other Ewoks really don’t do so much damage that you can’t recover with thrawn’s turn swap. I finished all the tiers with basically full health on all my toons.
  • G11- Shore
    G10- Veers
    G9- Snow
    G7- Magma
    G6- Storm 6*
    Storm and Magma don't have mods and was able to do all three in auto
  • My g9 snowtrooper begs to differ on gear requirements. 3 starred all 3 tiers no problem. Just gotta use a bettter squad I guess. R2 is my 3rd strongest toon but still didn’t make the squad.
  • One word THRAWN. Fracture the reviver. Stun the other and aoe the **** bears
  • Oh yeah and bb8 makes it silly easy
  • Really suprised you’re having problems, I get thru it with a pretty underdeveloped empire team myself
    EP(lead) level 85 gear 8
    Vader level 85 gear 11
    Tie pilot level 85 gear 10
    Snowtrooper level 85 gear 8
    Deathtrooper level 80 gear 8 and only 5 stars(rest are 7)
    Most of those toons are only so developed because i use them for other things, I’d say that ep tie and death trooper are the real stars tho, and the bonus tm from snow is also nice