Did they announce ship omegas? Because they are listed in the game.

HK22
645 posts Member
edited December 2017
So I was examining my fleet and decided to click on Vader's ability for the Tie Advanced and noticed a new level requiring Ship Omegas. Has anyone heard anything about this? Here are some examples.

Vader - Plus 5% Turn Meter
Tie Fighter Pilot - Plus 1% Turn Meter Gain

Just to make it clear, I am not talking about Prestige which is used to upgrade capital ships,but legitimate ship omegas.

Replies

• They have been there since ships released, or very shortly afterwords.

There has been a couple paid ship packs that had a few of them included.
  • Capital ships don't use them?
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Correction: I was mistaken about the Mace one.

But I am pretty sure the one for Vader/TFP were not there since I had them maxed out and do recall seeing ship omegas anywhere in the game.
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    Capital ships don't use them?
    No, only the final level of character abilities on regular ships.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Can't say for sure for TF, but TAx1 and Slave 1 have had them for a long time.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Can't say for sure for TF, but TAx1 and Slave 1 have had them for a long time.

It looks like every fighter craft now has them. I may have been mistaken, but I just don't recall seeing it for TFP before since I made sure to max him out asap.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    They have all been there for long time just like ships HW. One day I am sure we will get them.

Over a year ago they removed the false message that we were supposed to get them daily

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/82239/game-update-12-15-2016
    Corrected an issue that stated that the Ship Ability Material Omega was available at level 80+ through completion of Daily Activities. Ship ability Omega materials will be available in a later update
    Ship ability material challenge art - Removed unavailable ship omega ability material and replaced with prestige material
    Fixed an issue that stated that the Ship Ability Material Omega was available at level 80+ through completion of Daily Activities.
  • They have been there almost from beginning of ship release an like dedrick said there even has been couple pks tht had them in it. First time they was in pack over year ago it was mistake n they actually took them back from ppl tht had bought the pks tht contained them in it. Then recently they sold another pk with sum in it n this time they actually let ppl keep them so id say soon they be rewarded somewhere n game
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    They have been there almost from beginning of ship release an like dedrick said there even has been couple pks tht had them in it. First time they was in pack over year ago it was mistake n they actually took them back from ppl tht had bought the pks tht contained them in it. Then recently they sold another pk with sum in it n this time they actually let ppl keep them so id say soon they be rewarded somewhere n game

They never took them back from those packs.
    I bought both packs (12 omega's each) and have 2 ships omega's equipped and 4 more mats towards the next one.
  • I Didn’t buy the original pks tht contained them at ship release im just goin off the mail tht ea sent to every player in game sayin they was removing them from ppls inventory tht it was a mistake an wasnt to be included in those pks. Now maybe they have been included in more pks than i can remember or maybe they just fed us a white lie as to not make everyone tht didnt get them mad idk but they did send mail saying they was removing them from inventorys. And if I remember correctly tht pk nvr contained 12 cuz it left ppl like two short of even finishing tht atk.
  • If you actually search where to find them, a tab pops up but says not available at this time.

~D
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    I Didn’t buy the original pks tht contained them at ship release im just goin off the mail tht ea sent to every player in game sayin they was removing them from ppls inventory tht it was a mistake an wasnt to be included in those pks. Now maybe they have been included in more pks than i can remember or maybe they just fed us a white lie as to not make everyone tht didnt get them mad idk but they did send mail saying they was removing them from inventorys. And if I remember correctly tht pk nvr contained 12 cuz it left ppl like two short of even finishing tht atk.

Might have been they were in a crystal pack by accident then. I don't touch those.
    I did look back a bit there were 3 ships bundles ($ packs) that had 8 each so that is where I got the 24 from. I believe it was ghost, phantom and gauntlet bundles that had them
  • Even when ship omegas come, the abilities they are used for aren’t that great imo. They better change the omega ability to something better than just another 5% turn meter gain or another 5% damage lol
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Even when ship omegas come, the abilities they are used for aren’t that great imo. They better change the omega ability to something better than just another 5% turn meter gain or another 5% damage lol

Don't see them changing much. They have already been available and many that bought the packs have Omega'd 2 ships
  • scuba wrote: »
    Even when ship omegas come, the abilities they are used for aren’t that great imo. They better change the omega ability to something better than just another 5% turn meter gain or another 5% damage lol

Don't see them changing much. They have already been available and many that bought the packs have Omega'd 2 ships

That doesn't mean they can't change the omega abilities. Abilities have been changed before.

Kind of sad they've only been available for money so far. Ships are by far the most neglected aspect of this game. They just gave the AI a gigantic advantage and threw their hands up apparently.