CLS Event Advice Appreciated - Do I have enough time to gear my toons?

CountPookoo
189 posts Member
edited December 2017
Hey Guys,

I have STH 7*(G9/10) - R2 7*(G9) - OB 7* (G7) - Leia 7* (G6) and FBL (G3..lol I know...)

I need about 170 FBL Shards to 7* him...given the event starts in 4 days and runs over 7 days u reckon I have snuff time to gear my squad for him? so 11 days total?

FBL is going to be tough to try and shard and gear up any suggestions on how to space it out? Kinda hoping for some shard packs to go on sale to help it thru note these go on sale 28th Dec.

Appreciate any input, cheers

Replies

• LegoLegs_
    141 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I think FBL shows up in guild shipments from time to time as well (I think). Your best bet would prob. be to push all your crystals into refreshes for his cantina and light side nodes... you would need about 16 shards a day to make it. It is possible, but you are gonna have to burn through refreshes (which means you might not have a lot resources left for extra gear).

I missed CLS the first time because of FBL, this time I'm ready. I hope you make it :-)
  • I think you need to gear leia up to like 9-10 at least too :/
  • Maybe if you start farming full speed NOW and then see where you are when the pack becomes available
  • Moved to hero's journey sub forum.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne

Really? I’m sure I read abt ppl doing it with G8..just takes a few tries and decent arena level mods?

Really? I’m sure I read abt ppl doing it with G8..just takes a few tries and decent arena level mods?

Yeah, I did it with g8 Leia, R2 and Luke and g11 Han
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • You have a chance at making it but not f2p as far as I can see. The packs are limited to one purchase of each, haven't seen the shard amount any where but assuming it's 50 leaves you with 120 to get.

Using cantina refreshes you get 360 energy (will cost 300 crystals a day), 120 from natural energy gain and 45 from bonus energy, farm the 8 energy node gives you 65 sims, assuming you get a 1:3 drop rate that 21/22 shards a day plus another 2 shards from his light side node. So would be doable only using refreshes but I would say get the pack for Fb Luke as it's guaranteed shards and make the rest up with cantina farming.

As for gearing I'd say everyone is ok apart from Leia and Luke, most things I've seen say g7 can do it with decent mods. Your normal energy won't be going on much else so you can use it to get Luke to g7 and Leia to g8, they have their own tier so can't rely on you better geared toons. Can always stock the gear and only use it if required.

Anyone feel free to correct my maths if I've missed something or worked it out wrong
  • JediJim wrote: »
    You have a chance at making it but not f2p as far as I can see. The packs are limited to one purchase of each, haven't seen the shard amount any where but assuming it's 50 leaves you with 120 to get.

Using cantina refreshes you get 360 energy (will cost 300 crystals a day), 120 from natural energy gain and 45 from bonus energy, farm the 8 energy node gives you 65 sims, assuming you get a 1:3 drop rate that 21/22 shards a day plus another 2 shards from his light side node. So would be doable only using refreshes but I would say get the pack for Fb Luke as it's guaranteed shards and make the rest up with cantina farming.

As for gearing I'd say everyone is ok apart from Leia and Luke, most things I've seen say g7 can do it with decent mods. Your normal energy won't be going on much else so you can use it to get Luke to g7 and Leia to g8, they have their own tier so can't rely on you better geared toons. Can always stock the gear and only use it if required.

Anyone feel free to correct my maths if I've missed something or worked it out wrong

Hi Thanks - just the advice I needed. After reading your post I realized going heavy on just FBL shards using both cantina and LS/DS battles would mean my gear gets neglected. Your approach makes sense, cheers.

• Hi, just wanted to point out that if they're the same packs from when CLS first appeared, all of the packs are 80 shards for 20 bucks...I should know, I bought the FBL one...and missed out on him because my characters weren't modded well enough. xD
  • I know its probably enough gear. but I have no option to take chances. I have g11 number crunch zetad R2D2 G11 liea G10 SH G9 Obi-Wan and G8 - Luke all omegad. I have a gear for luke to get him g9 in case something goes wrong. I am asking because all I am doing right now is collecting gear for CLS to use it when or if I Opened him.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    How important is levels? I think I can get each character to ateast G8 but paying credits for the star upgrades (1M+ per character) is going to leave me a bit dry on credits...I think im going to be in a credit crunch and fro what I have read upgrading levels should be the last priority to upgrade your character? true?
  • g8 is just fine imo just mod em decently
  • How important is levels? I think I can get each character to ateast G8 but paying credits for the star upgrades (1M+ per character) is going to leave me a bit dry on credits...I think im going to be in a credit crunch and fro what I have read upgrading levels should be the last priority to upgrade your character? true?

Don't you need them at 7* tho? In order to unlock CLS?
  • LegoLegs_ wrote: »
    How important is levels? I think I can get each character to ateast G8 but paying credits for the star upgrades (1M+ per character) is going to leave me a bit dry on credits...I think im going to be in a credit crunch and fro what I have read upgrading levels should be the last priority to upgrade your character? true?

Yes, that's correct.
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • JediJim
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Duplicate post was here due to it having to be reviewed
    Post edited by JediJim on
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    LegoLegs_ wrote: »

Yes I understand I need them at 7*. But getting 7* and appropriate gear level say G9+ means I need to do a balancing act between between gearing and getting FBL shards - I think I’m fine now tho have FBL close to 7* with 7 days of the event to gear 2 toons to g8*.

Will be close
  • pay 20 dollars and get there is a luke 80 shard pack
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    got him - thanks all for the advice..toons were g9 arena mods except Leia who was g8..took a few tries and a bit of good RNG on the last round - no Zetas level 70ish
  • congratulations!