Don' take down this is just a question

So, for retreating is it really 40%? Because I just could not retreat after trying about 6 times... now statistically that means a 0.4096% chance of that happening... which statistically speaking means impossible... since anything less than 5% is considered unusual. So... EA? Answers please?

Replies

• Options
    I am not ea but I think there is something wrong, your character should go at least the second time statistically and possible a third time but not the 4th. I don’t say it’s impossible but your are incredibly unlucky because it’s pretty rare that can happen. Just contact them to ask them
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Firstly there is no reason this would be taken down, so ok.

Each chance to retreat is 40% and independent of each other. 6 is a small sample size to start judging any statistic. I can flip a coin 6 times and get the same side each flip. While unlikely it's most assuredly not impossible, even statistical speaking.
  • Options
    So you’re saying it’s like a dice with 6 sides and 1 chance on 6 to have a number and 1/36 to have this case with retreat thing.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    (.6)^6 = 4.66%, not .4%.
  • Options
    Daenight wrote: »
    So, for retreating is it really 40%? Because I just could not retreat after trying about 6 times... now statistically that means a 0.4096% chance of that happening... which statistically speaking means impossible... since anything less than 5% is considered unusual. So... EA? Answers please?

Your basing this on a repeated probability formula when each event should calculated different agreed this shouldn't happen but I've had it happen as well it's frustrating I would like a better answer as well on how their retreat formula works
  • Options
    I’ve definitely had worse than 6 failed retreats in a row. Bad luck but definitely WAI. It doesn’t happen often.
  • Options
    It is works like this: 0% - 40% possibility to retreat....
  • Options
    Ever play D&D? The odds of missing on 6 consecutive retreats are nearly the same as rolling a critical hit. Happens all the time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    The 40% chance is for the single attempt.
    Every next attempt has again 40% chance of success.
    In last HAAT I had 4-5 successful excapes in P1 and 6 failed in a row in P3....