Reason to the rhyme?? Make gear logical and transparent.

With all the hoops we need to jump through to advance our characters... star ratings, leveling... it would be nice if gear was more than an additional hoop. As it is, gear is just something I do to make my characters more powerful. I have no idea why I am equipping a given piece of gear to any slot... I have no idea how the gear pieces fit together to make new pieces... I also have no idea why some characters use some gear but some do not.

This seems like a wasted opportunity. Why not make the gear system a chance for the users to customize their characters? What if I could focus on hp gear to make a beefy Count Dooku? What if I could equip my Luminara with tenacity gear to help her resist ability block attacks? This would increase squad synergy and tactics. Also it would give me a reason to want to farm gear. Farming a piece because I want to upgrade Old Daka's potency would be a different and better situation than farming because I am told by the game that I need an MK IV Sorosub Keypad for the 100th time.

Here's what I, and I imagine most rpg gamers would like to see, have 6 different gear pieces, maybe boots, chest, legs, bracers, implant, and weapon.

Next offer each of those pieces in different weights: light, medium, heavy, and droid.

Finally offer a variety of gear mods that we insert into that armor to create different stats.

Higher level pieces would have more slots for gear mods. Higher level gear mods would give more raw stats.

EA owns The Old Republic franchise, and you all utilize a similar gear system there. Is it too hard to code? Or is it too difficult for phone hardware? I realize the game is supposed to be streamlined for mobile, but the current gear system is so unintuitive and illogical that it nearly ruins a fun game.