R2 not taking damage?

Okay so I finally got 5 empire characters to 7* so I can get R2 and then get CLS. However, I keep doing attacks against R2 in the 7* tier of the event and my guys are attacking him but NOTHING is happening. Throwing debuffs on and AoEs seem to be causing damage, but when my toons attack him with direct attacks, nothing is happening.

I'm watching the protection and health bars for him when they do and they aren't going down. Does he have some special shielding that prevents single attacks to not hit him? I'm not seeing messaging (i.e., "Dodged", "Resisted", etc.) and I'm not seeing damage numbers. This has happened two attempts in a row. So, I'm just curious if you have to kill the other 4 before him, or there's just something wonky going on? (i.e., RNGesus is too busy letting R2 and the gang go 15 times before I can even go once to pay attention to my damage on him.)

Replies

• Raid hans evade will be doing that. you want to kill raid han first. then leia then luke then chewy then ben. do r2 last
  • Whatelse73
    2137 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Raid hans evade will be doing that. you want to kill raid han first. then leia then luke then chewy then ben. do r2 last

Raid Han's evade prevents R2 from taking damage or me even being told he's not taking damage? This also happened after I took out Han by the way.
  • I noticed that multiple times during the event my magma trooper would attack and the game would hesitate for a second and no numbers eould come up in damage. R2 has a ton of health so you are probably doing damage, just unsubstantial damage.
  • You can't stun him and he's just super strong
  • DT deathmark, game over
  • Well, I "buffed" up my characters, got them to level 80+, gear 8 and 9 and they still get destroyed. I pretty much lose two before I can even function. I only have Tarkin, Vader, Veers, Snowtrooper and RG at 7* because I couldn't get the Emp 7* the last time he had an event. (Would've been nice to have EP's even in December)

So, R2 ends up going about 4 times before I can even make a move. My guys (adding in the +28 speed buff from Tarkin) are speed 160-205ish and they still can't even go one time before the whole rebel team goes 3-4 times each. (WTH is with that? Seriously?) So I see the same thing happen pretty much every single time. They start, one of mine gets stunned, they all get a DoT, get burned, the whole R2 team gets buffed up with 3-4 buffs, power reduction, and I'm just sitting there only being able to use a basic before they go another 2-3 times each (add more burning and more debuffs to my team, at least two of mine are at half health, my whole team loses virtually all their protection. I get to do a couple more basics, "maybe" I get a couple specials off to debuff them by now, then I'm down to 3 characters (even my 'tank' RG is gone and either my snowtrooper or Veers are down) - R2's basic will one shot any of my guys at half health or less. (wish my guys could do that) I "might" get Han out, maybe Luke, but I've only gotten two down once.

I've moved around a lot of my buffs (CG, please figure something out for this, it is irritating as hell and I'm only doing it for this one event, imagine having to do it almost daily), built up my buffs, spent a few million leveling up these characters to 80+ so I could do this to get to CLS.

I mentioned on a discussion for another "event" how ridiculous your "recommended" provision is.

IF. I. NEED. TO. have my team all level 85, gear 10-12, and have 300+ speed on each of them (which probably still wouldn't be enough to go before R2 goes twice) THEN SAY SO. Seriously, it is demoralizing to continue to aim for something only to be shut down because your "AI R2" is buffed up so ridiculously that we have zero chance at this unless we have all our guys at super maxed out levels.

Along with that, why are you making these events based on what the top level types are going to do? (Its too easy, I'm bored already!) vs the "average" player (I've spent some money on this game, though I'm starting to regret it and re-think that).
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So it should be easy, just get any 7* toons any gear and cream it.

R2 is difficult. If Han stuns wrong person may as well start again. Sorry, deal with it. Good things come to those who wait/try (a lot), there are many people who have him. Personally it took an age and many attempts but it worked eventually, please stop posting this stuff where you may as well ask for a big win button, it is really rather tedious.

Same with many toons. I do appreciate it is rather too random for my taste but nevertheless, it is not impossible ,just hard. This is how it should be.